HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jan 16, 2024, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
Thanks! Very interesting!

I hope you are correct, but I don't know that they would have bothered to plant trees and put down a small plaza if they intended to rip it all out again in the near future.
Some discussion of this online, with some explanation (tl;dr, the grassy landscaping was shifted from Granville Square to this smaller space, called Ordnance Plaza, and Granville Square will get more hard landscaping, which makes sense). So the trees and grass here are probably permanent.

Honestly, I'm not very bothered by this. It does look a little meh, but this is not the main public square in the area, and in person a lot of what's being put in looks to be of a pretty high quality. There's a lot up in the air still, but I'm cautiously optimistic and in fact reasonably certain that the public space aspects will be decent. I'm much more interested in what form the building development takes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure