HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northparkwizard View Post
bump

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:14 AM

SDMTS starts Orange Line Trolley services to its Courthouse station on April 29. It coincides with extending the same line's eastern terminus to Arnele Avenue.

https://www.sdmts.com/sites/default/...018_reader.pdf

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:08 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
SDMTS starts Orange Line Trolley services to its Courthouse station on April 29. It coincides with extending the same line's eastern terminus to Arnele Avenue.

https://www.sdmts.com/sites/default/...018_reader.pdf
Did I somehow miss that they renamed the Green Line to "Sycuan Green Line"?? And the Silver Line is now "SDG&E Silver Line"?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:43 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
Did I somehow miss that they renamed the Green Line to "Sycuan Green Line"?? And the Silver Line is now "SDG&E Silver Line"?
I know, I saw that too. Haha. I wonder who's going to take the orange line? Fucking-A San Diego.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 8:00 PM

I've wonder if the city would consider selling naming rights of major streets and freeways around town and use it to pay for potholes and road improvements. Sure beats a gas tax. Jack in the Box fwy has a ring to it.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 8:37 PM

The point of a gas tax is to price a public good more in line with demand. Naming rights do nothing to alleviate demand as the price is kept from the user. Both raise revenue but have different political objectives.

Last edited by The Flying Dutchman; Apr 20, 2018 at 8:40 PM. Reason: topic too complex

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
Yeah. They named the Sycuan Green Line in October. The SDG&E Silver line was new to me, too.

Here's an article about the Green Line:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...019-story.html

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 3:57 PM

These deals give these companies advertising rights on the trolley cars and at the stations.

I can't stand it when they wrap the entire trolley car to transform it into a giant moving billboard. The best part of riding the trolley is looking out the window--and these giant stickers completely steal that aspect from the rider. Those tiny perforated holes do not allow you to see anything closeby. I can't read signs, can't see people's faces, my eyes get tired from trying to focus and I get dizzy.

I used to see one trolley car wrapped in an advertisement with every train, now it is more common to see two or sometimes even all three cars wrapped in billboard tape.

I will never ride in an billboard wrapped trolley car because it literally causes me discomfort--I barely ride at all anymore. Opting for the tape-free car is hardly an option anymore--and when there is one, it is always the old cars with the stairs, and it is more crowded.

Thanks, MTS, for decreasing ridership by selling-out to companies.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:29 PM
Babylon falling

Wow this is how boring San Diego has become we are talking about stupid corporate naming rights and wrapped trolley cars.... This town is dead

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Wow this is how boring San Diego has become we are talking about stupid corporate naming rights and wrapped trolley cars.... This town is dead
Well it seems like there's always been a steady influx of projects u/c. Any ideas on the most likely next candidates?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfishy View Post
Well it seems like there's always been a steady influx of projects u/c. Any ideas on the most likely next candidates?
That residential tower in the UTC area on La Jolla Village Dr is wrapping up quickly, and the crane for the tower going up next to Macy's has been up for a few weeks. The former was a contentious project (shocker) so it's interesting/good to see it almost complete, and it seems like there's room for a few more buildings on that corner.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:15 AM
Category Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
That residential tower in the UTC area on La Jolla Village Dr is wrapping up quickly, and the crane for the tower going up next to Macy's has been up for a few weeks. The former was a contentious project (shocker) so it's interesting/good to see it almost complete, and it seems like there's room for a few more buildings on that corner.
How tall is it?

When will UTC get a new tallest?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:05 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
The Monte Verde project across the street from UTC is supposed to be 4 towers total, all about the same height. I appreciate the density, but cringe when I think about how they were supposed to be twice the height...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:07 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
How tall is it?

When will UTC get a new tallest?
By my estimates, the new apartment tower at UTC is going to eclipse the Wells Fargo tower to take the top slot. It'll be interesting to see the UTC skyline when it's done. It will balance out the north-south perspective from the 805.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:17 PM
Registered San Diegan

FYI to everyone, Park and Market is at least 8 stories deep into the ground, Bosa's Block project on C and 7th is about 6 stories down, and Pinnacle is about 3 stories down for their twin tower project at 11th and E (plus they're nearly 2/3 done with the second tower at faultline).

The EV is rising quicker than I was expecting.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:21 PM
Registered San Diegan

Also, when Pinnacle starts this project I know things will be popping.

https://www.avrpstudios.com/media-re...port-Feb-2.pdf

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 12:30 AM
Babylon falling

I didn't notice the digging was that deep at the Pinnacle 11th and E site, just saw it fenced off I will go look again.

Of course we are still waiting on 7th/Market, RFP for the Old Courthouse parcel on Broadway, Arena announcement from Joseph Tsai, and the announcement about turning Horton Plaza in to a mixed use pedestrian friendly vertical development.

Also what ever happened to the two approved towers for Cortez Hill? It has been a couple years and nothing is going on up there I've been in the area often lately friends moved there.

Waiting on financing for Manchester Pac Gateway, and FENCE Alert!! at 11th between A and B it was fenced for a while with some old funky service station structure sitting there now the lot has been scrapped and its still fenced. I know this is an approval for a 36 floor tower according to a commercial real estate email list I'm on.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 1:49 AM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
I didn't notice the digging was that deep at the Pinnacle 11th and E site, just saw it fenced off I will go look again.

Of course we are still waiting on 7th/Market, RFP for the Old Courthouse parcel on Broadway, Arena announcement from Joseph Tsai, and the announcement about turning Horton Plaza in to a mixed use pedestrian friendly vertical development.
Still in litigation. Govt property development takes forever. Speculative project. Westfield was sold to a bigger company delaying timeline.

Quote:
Also what ever happened to the two approved towers for Cortez Hill? It has been a couple years and nothing is going on up there I've been in the area often lately friends moved there.
By my count, there are 6 towers in and around CH and northern EV that are sitting on the sidelines. No clue when or if they'll ever break ground. Some of them may have been simply speculative to attract bigger, deep pocketed buyers with entitled properties (think Pinnacle buying Pacific Heights http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html )

Quote:
Waiting on financing for Manchester Pac Gateway, and FENCE Alert!! at 11th between A and B it was fenced for a while with some old funky service station structure sitting there now the lot has been scrapped and its still fenced. I know this is an approval for a 36 floor tower according to a commercial real estate email list I'm on.
Do you know what the name of the project is, or what the developer and/or property owner is?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 2:29 AM
Category Five

What's going up on Washington and Front? In front of the Washington?

Nice little infill that I wish had some height

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 5:31 AM

I heard through the community newsletter that the empty lot at 7th & A in Cortez was put back up for sale.
They had planned a 20+ storey tower for that site, but buyers backed out when the much taller 6th & A threatened to block the view to the west.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations