HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
Elle est déjà vide!

I BELIEVE. You just never know... The Sens have played poorly without their big names in the past but with so much on the line, a game against the bruins without Alfie and Fish might just turn the crank that one extra notch. Notice yesterday that several of the non-marquee players showed up... Verm with a hat trick, Cody Bass, Dean McAmmond...

11 in a row baby...... yeah!!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 12:41 PM

The injuries don't sound too bad. I REALLY hope we take on Montreal in the first round, these cities are too close together not to get a rivalry going. And it's no fun beating the Leafs anymore...

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajldub View Post
And it's no fun beating the Leafs anymore...
You say that as if the Senators regularly beat the Leafs. This was their first win against them in 5 tries.

Quote:
I've forgot something but Alfredsson left the game thanks to a cheap shot by a Leaf player, the second time he's been injured via a cheap shot this season. Fisher was also injured in the game.
Alfreddson shouldn't have kept his head down. It was a perfectly clean hit, and a great one too. Any Senators player would have tried to do the same.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 6:43 PM
Mooderator

An elbow to the head is clean?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 7:35 PM

theman23,
Everybody beats the leafs. That's why they aren't in the playoffs. That's why it's no fun watching them play anymore. That's why Ottawa needs a rivalry with a real central Canadian team. One with a little spine.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2008, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
An elbow to the head is clean?
It wasn't an elbow to the head. It was a shoulder hit. The replay clearly shows that Bell's elbow didn't even go up until after Alfreddson was falling back. Also, the only reason it made contact with the head was because Alfreddson had his head down.

Quote:
theman23,
Everybody beats the leafs.
Except, for 4 out of the last 5 times they've met, the Senators.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
Awesome!

Well Bell may be marked man next year, since he also delivered the knee on Fisher and tripped Redden into the boards. I didn't only Bell did all the damage but it seems yes.

Carolina is down 4-2 after 40 minutes. A lost by the Hurricanes and the Sens are officially in the playoffs.

Edit:Florida just defeated Carolina 4-3, so Ottawa is officially in the playoffs as it was the Hurricanes last game and they have two points less then the Senators.

Last edited by Cre47; Apr 5, 2008 at 1:39 AM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2008, 2:51 AM
Look at me!

Bell is a complete cockfucker, I hope he gets raped big time during his prison sentence. He's

Old Posted Apr 5, 2008, 6:04 PM

^ Please. Finish your thought.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 12:57 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

Are you sporting a Sens flag?

Here's a question to all Sens Army: if you have a car, do you have a Sens flag on it? If you have a balcony, is a Sens flag hanging from it? WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS! It doesn't matter how much we stank lately, the playoffs is a whole new season. IS YOUR SENS FLAG UP?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 2:57 AM
R2-D2's army of death

I don't have a Sens Flag to put up.

Although I think my mom does...
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 2:15 PM
Mooderator

So what's this I hear that Pittsburgh threw their last game vs. Philly so they could play Ottawa in the first round? I think they need to be taught a lesson..

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 3:37 PM
R2-D2's army of death

Pittsburgh wants revenge for our trouncing of them this season and our trouncing of them in last season's playoffs...There be a rivalry brewin'...
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2008, 4:41 PM

I'm lovin' the underdog status. I think we have a serious chance to win this series if we pick a defensive system and stick to it. With the Pens D, there is no question that we will get our chances so we just have to be patient. Not to mention that we are already in Fleury's head before the series even starts.

I bought tickets for next Wednesday in that 400-level restaurant/box called "The Ledge Carvery". I've sat there a few times and it's great for week night games as they feed you before and during the game so you don't have to worry about long waits at a restaurant or having to eat a giant pretzel for dinner.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2008, 5:30 AM
Look at me!

bump!

What aboot that game? Will the sens punish the pens next time?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2008, 12:59 AM

That was an awful effort last night. All I can do is hope that the Sens will come out strong tomorrow night and show some of that heart that we saw last Spring (although much of that heart is sitting in the press box injured (Alfie and Fisher)). Gotta keep the faith though, Go Sens Go!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 1:59 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

What a heartbreaker tonight!!! But an awesome effort by the boys to tie the game in the 3rd. Gerber parted the red sea with his 50+ saves. I'm still predicting Ottawa in 6.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 4:02 AM

Dear Refs,

Thanks for bailing us out of one that Ottawa almost stole from us. Not only did we not have to kill that penalty we deserved, you bought our acting and gave us a PP to ice the game. We'll get you better TV ratings than Ottawa for sure.

Sincerely,
The Penguins

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 5:03 AM
R2-D2's army of death

So close!

But hey, this means that the Sens now know they can play to win, and I think with tens of thousands of fans cheering for them on Monday is gonna help.

GO SENS GO!!!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 1:58 AM
National Capital Region

??

I missed the start of the 3rd period, which was unfortunate, because after the Penguins 4th goal the game got pretty boring.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation