HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 9:54 PM
devout Pizzatarian

All 444 N dearborn (river north firehouse redevelopment) discussion has been moved to the highrise thread:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=218289

please continue the discussion there.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Well, that's probably just the lobby entrance facing the other street, which obviously will still be there
That is an accurate rendering of the N face - the windows appear to be for the Lobby. The often cited E wall is totally blank.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
That is an accurate rendering of the N face - the windows appear to be for the Lobby. The often cited E wall is totally blank.
I think it's sad that they did this, but maybe they can put some art murals on the wall, inside the rectangles? Or like another poster mentioned, grow some ivy in there? Maybe that is part of the plan. If I were an owner there, I would propose it to the Condo Board.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 6:44 PM

If they're relocating near IIT, I suspect it will be one of the large vacant lots between 26th and 31st St.

Mayor Emanuel and DMG MORI Announce Company is Relocating Corporate Headquarters to Chicago
Quote:
Innovative Tech Manufacturer to Locate North American Headquarters Near Illinois Institute of Technology on Chicago’s South Side; Move Follows Mayor’s Economic Mission to Japan and China

Mayor Rahm Emanuel today joined DMG MORI to announce the company is relocating its North American headquarters to Chicago. The move follows a meeting between the company and Mayor Emanuel during a recent trade mission to Japan. The company is working with the Illinois Institute of Technology to identify space on and near the school’s campus for the company to move into and build a product showroom.

“Manufacturing is written in Chicago’s DNA and today the sector is running on all cylinders,” Mayor Emanuel said. “Thanks to world-class institutions like Illinois Tech and global companies like DMG MORI we are creating jobs today while ensuring the future of manufacturing in Chicago is even stronger than its past.”

The move is driven by the DMG Mori’s desire to interact with faculty and recruit talent from IIT. The company is currently headquartered in Hoffman Estates and has approximately 225 employees at that location and more than 1,000 in the US, Mexico and Canada.

“DMG MORI is a world leader in manufacturing technology,” said DMG MORI USA President James Nudo. “The opportunity for us to interact on a daily basis with the faculty and students of Illinois Institute of Technology is unique to our industry. Locating our North American Headquarters in the world class city of Chicago gives us an unlimited potential going forward.”
“Illinois Tech is honored to partner with DMG MORI as it brings its legacy of innovation to the city of Chicago,” Illinois Tech President Alan Cramb said. “As Chicago’s premier tech-focused university, we have a long history of contributing to the economic vitality of this great city. And I know that our talented students and faculty will be an extraordinary resource for the company. Illinois Tech is a university where students learn by creating, building and solving, and we couldn’t think of a better educational opportunity than for our students to work with — and learn from— a company like DMG MORI."
https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/e...DMGMoriHQ.html

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 4:00 AM

A picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I notice is how much Nema will stand out in the skyline once complete. The second thing is how much of a beast Sears tower really is.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 8:17 AM

^ Damn chicago needs 3-4 8-900 footers in the distance behind University Hall. Thats such a dead spot between 311 and OMP.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
A picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I notice is how much Nema will stand out in the skyline once complete. The second thing is how much of a beast Sears tower really is.

As a kid this was always my favorite angle of the city.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 3:27 PM

Wow! What an incredible rendering! Great work and very cool to see it side by side for comparison!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:40 AM
Chicago

Thanks for posting all of those renderings, rgarri4. I really enjoy seeing what a future Chicago might look like.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:43 AM
Chicago

Hayden West Loop - 1109 W Washington

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:44 AM
Chicago

214 N May

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:47 AM
Chicago

900 W Washington

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:48 AM
Chicago

Twelve01West - 1201 W Lake

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:49 AM
Chicago

Mille - 1000 W Monroe

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:50 AM
Chicago

942 W Randolph : Country-Themed Tex-Mex Restaurant

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:51 AM
Chicago

Illume - 111 S Peoria

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 6:57 AM
Chicago

Nobu Hotel - 854 W Randolph

July 18, 2018

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 12:54 PM
The City

Illume turned out nice.

Probably pisses off the neighbors who bought condos in that POS next door. Not only did Illume block their views, but it’s a 100 times more attractive and higher quality building.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Illume turned out nice.

Probably pisses off the neighbors who bought condos in that POS next door. Not only did Illume block their views, but it’s a 100 times more attractive and higher quality building.
Illume looks like even worse POS inmho way to busy, I'll proportioned, confused architecture, no cohesiveness or character. The whole street pisses me off as failed architecture. The brick boxes going up nearby while not ground breaking design are at least restrained and add character to the district by relationship to the old warehouse loft buildings.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 1:48 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0 View Post
Illume looks like even worse POS inmho way to busy, I'll proportioned, confused architecture, no cohesiveness or character. The whole street pisses me off as failed architecture. The brick boxes going up nearby while not ground breaking design are at least restrained and add character to the district by relationship to the old warehouse loft buildings.
I don’t know, I don’t feel that you need to copy old school buildings with a half ass modern version of the same to complement them

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development