HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:49 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
this little structure on Folsom, you might remember, was built in connection with the project to bring a new power transmission line up from the Potrero Power Plant Area. work on what is supposed to be a public plaza seemed to stop about 6 months ago. you can sort of make out in the pic that a couple chunks of the textured wall are missing. maybe it's being difficult to replace them. but since I am apparently in a grumbling mood tonight, I'm mentioning it since it has been bugging me.

I was also at the location of the sister plaza in Dogpatch a couple weeks ago and didn't see any sign of it there, either
here's the Dogpatch end of this...

along with the sign that says it would be done in June 2016

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:24 PM

Nice updated pictures guys. Keep them coming!

Can someone post an updated photo of how the Salesforce Tower looks now?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Nice updated pictures guys. Keep them coming!

You can always see how it looks real time at the Park Tower construction cam site and Salesforce's own (except this AM Salesforce's lense needed drying off, now apparently done).

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
You can always see how it looks real time at the Park Tower construction cam site and Salesforce's own (except this AM Salesforce's lense needed drying off, now apparently done).
Sweet thanks! I hope Salesforce looks close to done when the Giants make the World Series this year

I would love to see the aerial coverage we get on national sports broadcasts. (Giants, 49ers even though they are in Santa Clara, and Warriors)

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:53 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Many San Francisco projects have their own threads. Search for all of them and enjoy!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Many San Francisco projects have their own threads. Search for all of them and enjoy!
True, but sometimes you get a better view of a project from somebody else's cam. IMHO that's true of Salesforce. I like the shot from the Park Tower cam better than from Salesforce's own and the bonus is you also get an excellent view of 181 Fremont which is no longer visible from the Salesforce cam (which it used to be).

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
True, but sometimes you get a better view of a project from somebody else's cam. IMHO that's true of Salesforce. I like the shot from the Park Tower cam better than from Salesforce's own and the bonus is you also get an excellent view of 181 Fremont which is no longer visible from the Salesforce cam (which it used to be).
Speaking of cams, there used to be a Nest cam for 33 Tehama that also showed the excavations for the two Transbay blocks under construction on Folsom on either side of first. It went offline after the new year. Anyone know if that or a substitute is ever coming back?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:59 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
.... I like the shot from the Park Tower cam better than from Salesforce's own and the bonus is you also get an excellent view of 181 Fremont ...
agree, and I just love that the Park Tower cam actually has eight construction sites within its view (some barely):

- Park Tower
- Salesforce
- 181 Fremont
- Oceanwide
- TTC
- 400 Folsom
- 100 Folsom
- the Solaire bit

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 7:18 AM
Build Baby Build

I just want to note that 150 Van Ness has had a ground level pour today and is on its way up!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 8:33 AM

150 Van Ness

Fimiak - now that you mention it, here is an update of the job site. As you can see the rebar columns are well above street level now. After 46 years living across the street from the parking lots it is good to see them replaced with something more substantive.

A couple of days ago a guy climbed up one of the cranes & was arrested! No, it was not me. This picture was taken from the 14th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza.

150 Van Ness Avenue - 2017_03_09 (1) by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 9:56 PM
Surrounded by Nature

I know we've seen this numerous times, but I was walking here awed by how my extended 'hood has changed, including watching Salesforce Tower rise in the background.

[IMG]Market Street @ Sanchez & 15th by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I know we've seen this numerous times, but I was walking here awed by how my extended 'hood has changed, including watching Salesforce Tower rise in the background.

The one on the left is called the Duboce and there are units listed now on Craig's List: $4000 for a "junior one bedroom". That means the bedroom is a windowless 7' by 10' alcove off the 9' by 9' living room.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
The one on the left is called the Duboce and there are units listed now on Craig's List: $4000 for a "junior one bedroom". That means the bedroom is a windowless 7' by 10' alcove off the 9' by 9' living room.
Well, I know you are being hyperbolic and your essential point is correct, but unless you have information you didn't post we don't know the size of the "rooms". "Junior one BR" does mean the "bedroom" is not actually a fully separate room (a common arrangement is folding doors or some other method of closing it off from the living room) but the living room is likely to be considerably larger than 9' x 9' (and the alcove large enough for a queen sized bed and room to walk around it at least). Oh and the "alcoves" of such units usually do have a window.

Still, the rent is probably around $10 per square ft per month.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:

This looks like a cartoon!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Well, I know you are being hyperbolic and your essential point is correct, but unless you have information you didn't post we don't know the size of the "rooms". "Junior one BR" does mean the "bedroom" is not actually a fully separate room (a common arrangement is folding doors or some other method of closing it off from the living room) but the living room is likely to be considerably larger than 9' x 9' (and the alcove large enough for a queen sized bed and room to walk around it at least). Oh and the "alcoves" of such units usually do have a window.

Still, the rent is probably around $10 per square ft per month.
I didn't post the link because it will probably disappear in a few days, but here goes:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/apa/6055809288.html

This is fairly typical for new buildings in desirable locations.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 4:08 PM

Quote:
I didn't post the link because it will probably disappear in a few days, but here goes:

Touché! Thanks for the confirmation. (Though I never doubted your original post was accurate.)

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 4:28 PM

Quote:

I agree--the listing I saw on the link is "fairly typical of new buildings". But it's for a 631 sq. ft. unit. I now see where the bizarre math comes in--the "living room" and "dining room" are, as is typical, one large room (with its own small "alcove" onto the deck) that is about 10' x 20' and the kitchen is relatively huge for such a small unit (I'd guess 18' x 7' or so). Most residents of such a space would, I think, devote more of the living/dining room to living and have a fairly small dining table. So labeling he "living" toom as 9 x 9 is purely arbitrary (and I think foolish) on the part of the developer.

Actually, this unit is larger than I am used to seeing in a "junior" 1 BR--I am more used to 450 - 550 sq. ft.

Last edited by Pedestrian; Mar 23, 2017 at 4:50 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 5:12 PM

I have a feeling that 325 Fremont might break ground soon.

Just this week it received the last of its needed permits. It now has building, shoring, and excavation permits in hand.

We should keep an eye on the site for any signs of movement.

http://www.handelarchitects.com/proj...mont-main.html

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 5:35 PM

Socketsite has an update on the future of the temporary TransBay Terminal block:

Quote:
Big Plans for San Francisco’s Temporary Transbay Terminal Site
March 23, 2017

. . . will be divided into three upon the opening of San Francisco’s new Transbay Transit Center.

The middle third of the site (Transbay Block 3) will become Transbay Park, the construction of which is slated to commence in early 2018.

A 165-foot-tall building is slated to rise on the southern third of the site (Transbay Block 2), fronting Folsom between Beale and Main, with a total of 242 below market rate (BMR) units, which shouldn’t catch any plugged-in readers by surprise.

And on the northern third of the site fronting Howard (Transbay Block 4), a 450-foot-tall building is expected to rise . . . . over 550 residential units and 10,000 square feet of retail space . . . . over 300 of the 550 units . . . will be designated as permanently affordable units (i.e., offered at below market rates).

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...inal-site.html

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:24 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I never get tired of seeing photos of San Francisco.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations