HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 23, 2005, 11:36 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninsac
^ and depressing, too.

The only way for Sacramento to change that is to change the way of thinking for our local elected leaders. This isn't a small town anymore and unfortunately our coucil and board of supervisors continue to act as if it still is. (the change in attitude for residential highrises withstanding)

If I were mayor.............

I would work to have more bridges constructed across the Sacramento River, so as to connect what will become an obvious expansion of downtown Sacramento.

I would invest in cultural amenities (to do that the Mayor needs to sell the idea of a hotel tax or some other tax to invest in our amenities which will help to lure more jobs etc........)

a) Performing arts center
b) an arena in the Rail Yards
c) Invest in an immediate expansion of the Riverfront Promenade.

I would actively go courting existing companies and find out what it would take (tax break incentives etc) to lure them to Sacramento. Proximity to the Capitol might illicit State help.

Mayor Fargo is no leader.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Oct 24, 2005 at 4:57 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area