HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 17, 2014, 4:11 PM

Quote:

Good luck Saskatoon! Would be a huge plus for the City. They could show you some pretty pictures in January and then never hear from the developer again. But seeing as they aren't many other new highrises like this in Saskatoon, I think it's logical that at least the smaller tower could go through.
This is true but in this case at least it is a local developer with projects on the go in Saskatoon area including a 9 story condo tower under construction.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
John Williams from North Prairie stated that his company will release more information on the project in January.
Was any more info on this project released in January?

Did I miss it?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 12:28 AM

There is rumor going around that this project could be delayed until 2016.

I don't know the reasonings, it could be design issues or the market being slightly over-saturated for commercial office space?? Pure speculation on my part.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 4:11 PM

oh no.....not another River Landing farce....

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
oh no.....not another River Landing farce....
Like has been said before this is likely to start as the developer has a proven track record. However, THAT being said, it is quite a structure and would be the Pinnacle of Saskatchewan Skyscrapers.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 11:39 PM
the heat goes on

"Delay" isn't really fair as this was always potentially a 2016 project. 2015 would be fairly aggressive.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 8:53 PM

I would think that we are not going to see any shovels in the ground until NorthPrairie Developments Shangri-la development is completed and sales strong enough to warrant proceeding with this condo project. Any other thoughts?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 1:26 PM

Thread bumped thx for the update mitchellk12

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 1:28 PM

Quoted From..Saskatoon construction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
well, city centre towers are really on hold now....theres an article about it in the paper. what changes do you guys think will happen? height decrease?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 2:33 PM

i was looking forward to this project more than River Landing Parcel Y. i wonder whats going to happen now.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 4:01 PM

What was the original zoning? They are probably decreasing the size. Maybe they decided it took too long for shangri la to fill up. Although sales didnt really seem to take off until the building was done.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 7:01 PM

Maybe Potash Corp will take the whole thing to accommodate all the Agrium folks.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 2:00 PM

well the removal of re-zoning was approved. project is STILL on, but with changes. i sure hope good changes.

Old Posted May 28, 2022, 5:49 AM

It’s nearing the ten year anniversary of North Prairie purchasing this lot and waiting for “market conditions” to improve to develop it, or do any single thing to it.
Does anyone want to do a reputation blitz about it? It seriously damaged downtown when rich developers like this let lots sit vacant. I wonder what other cities have done - can the city take the lot from them after ten years of non development?

The remai’s are also bad for this downtown as parking lots. The guy that owned that dilapidated building next to the Lighthouse, and many more rich folk sitting on undeveloped, unused lots. My condo was at capacity and none for sale when I left Saskatoon a few months ago and market conditions have only but approved - we sold to immigrants that paid cash. There is definitely demand for more condos downtown… but how do we get new developers to town when the ultra rich property developers of saskatoon are hoarding lots?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
It’s nearing the ten year anniversary of North Prairie purchasing this lot and waiting for “market conditions” to improve to develop it, or do any single thing to it.
Does anyone want to do a reputation blitz about it? It seriously damaged downtown when rich developers like this let lots sit vacant. I wonder what other cities have done - can the city take the lot from them after ten years of non development?

The remai’s are also bad for this downtown as parking lots. The guy that owned that dilapidated building next to the Lighthouse, and many more rich folk sitting on undeveloped, unused lots. My condo was at capacity and none for sale when I left Saskatoon a few months ago and market conditions have only but approved - we sold to immigrants that paid cash. There is definitely demand for more condos downtown… but how do we get new developers to town when the ultra rich property developers of saskatoon are hoarding lots?
The vacant bank building is a disgrace. Saskatoon's downtown has very few "complete" intersections, with (occupied!) buildings on all four corners, and this abandoned bank shows you the speed of progress here --- it's been empty for what, nine years?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 12:54 PM

like I said let have a 10 year party celebratingNorth Prairie’s destructive habits downtown

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan