HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 7:38 AM

Shame they're going to reopen it. It really would be nice to speed up the MAX through the Lloyd.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 22, 2014, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Shame they're going to reopen it. It really would be nice to speed up the MAX through the Lloyd.
AGREED. However, the Convention Center stop would be the first to go in my opinion. Then Lloyd Center. 7th and Rose Quarter are the only two worth keeping. everything else is easily walkable from those two.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2014, 2:52 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_PDXer View Post
AGREED. However, the Convention Center stop would be the first to go in my opinion. Then Lloyd Center. 7th and Rose Quarter are the only two worth keeping. everything else is easily walkable from those two.
I agree, but it would only shave off a couple minutes at most.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 2:01 AM

It's coming up! This really is a massive project from every angle. Here it is from the Southwest corner.

Here's another angle

Northwest Corner

Northeast

Heehee...

Here comes the core

Now I understand why they are going to close the station while this goes up. The construction activity is practically sitting on top of it...

Old Posted Mar 29, 2014, 4:21 AM

Ho. Lee. Crap.

I think I'll have to wander up there this weekend.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2014, 11:02 PM

Coming along nicely. I remember the lean days of 2009 when just one project a fraction of this scope would have been cause to celebrate. Now there's almost too much to keep up with. Eat, drink and be merry, cause it won't always be this good. :-D

Old Posted Mar 30, 2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopdx View Post
Coming along nicely. I remember the lean days of 2009 when just one project a fraction of this scope would have been cause to celebrate. Now there's almost too much to keep up with. Eat, drink and be merry, cause it won't always be this good. :-D
Yeah like when it was just the Freedom Center/INS Federal Building and EcoFlats on Williams in the pipeline

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 2:19 AM

markdaman beat me to posting in the downtown thread, but from the same issue of Portland Monthly, here's an article about Hassalo on 8th:

Quote:
Lloyd District: Ecotopia

With a new lush public plaza and major face-lift for the aging mall, Portland’s first “ecodistrict” will be a lean, green, sustainable machine.

Published Apr 2, 2014, 9:00am
By Randy Gragg

Long lauded by friends for her excellent tamales, Paula Asuncion opened Mixteca, a food stand at the Lloyd Farmers Market, last summer. Nearby office-tower workers soon dubbed Mixteca’s weekly appearance “Tamale Tuesdays,” and Asuncion found herself shredding meat and pounding masa three days in advance to meet the demand.

Next year, Tamale Tuesdays will happen next to a new building called Hassalo on Eighth—657 apartments and 58,000 square feet of retail surrounding a new public plaza, developed by the San Diego real estate investment firm American Assets Trust and designed by Portland’s GBD Architects. And they’re just getting started: AAT owns 14 more blocks in the neighborhood, some already being readied for development. Meanwhile, the recent Dallas-based buyer of Lloyd Center, Cypress Equities, unveiled a major face-lift for the ungracefully aging mall in January.
...continues at Portland Monthly.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 9:05 PM

Above street level on almost all corners now. My new office is in Lloyd Tower (on the right of this pic) so it will be fun to watch this go up!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 8:51 PM

Some Hassalo shots today with crane bump :

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 5:48 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Those cranes are so tall! Lloyd District will never be the same.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 6:52 AM

Yeah this project is going up super fast! Very exciting actually.. I'm curious to see how much taller the new tower will look compared to others, would love to see it sort of stand out and work as the "icon" tower for lloyd since the 4 current towers are all the same size and shape neither of them really stands out..

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 2:36 PM

Was over there this weekend when they were bumping the crane.

The pictures don't really describe how big a project this thing is.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 12:17 AM
Karma Police

This tower is 21 stories, but residential floor-to-floor is usually less than office floor-to-floor. It may be a little taller than the existing Lloyd towers, but not by much. The hotel sounds like it'll be the tallest if they can ever get that thing going. It'll be 25 stories.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 3:50 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
This tower is 21 stories, but residential floor-to-floor is usually less than office floor-to-floor. It may be a little taller than the existing Lloyd towers, but not by much. The hotel sounds like it'll be the tallest if they can ever get that thing going. It'll be 25 stories.
This complex will basically beef up the Lloyd skyline, the bigger impact will be at street level. Which hopefully this will lead to a number of new similar developments. Though I would think it would be cool to see Portland's new tallest happen over here.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 8:02 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Anything that brings foot traffic to the Lloyd is going to be such a huge positive.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 5:21 AM

The scale of this project can really be felt from street level. Heard from someone in my office that Target (probably a City Target size) has been secured as the anchor tenant. Was supposed to be a grocery store.

From the 11th floor of Lloyd Tower (excuse the reflection of my fingers holding the phone). Unfortunately my office is on the ground floor so I won't always be able to get this shot for updates.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 1:28 PM

Is the tower crane tall enough to complete the tower as proposed in the renderings? It looks a little short to me. From the renderings, it looked as if the tower was going to be the same height as the towers surrounding it. It also seems a waste of extra effort to extend it again since this the crane does not look like a self erecting crane.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoberheim View Post
Is the tower crane tall enough to complete the tower as proposed in the renderings? It looks a little short to me. From the renderings, it looked as if the tower was going to be the same height as the towers surrounding it. It also seems a waste of extra effort to extend it again since this the crane does not look like a self erecting crane.
The tallest crane is above the existing towers now.

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 3:11 AM

I just saw the cranes today from Powell. It's going to really make an impact on the skyline from SE.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland