HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Manhattan West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 1:53 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Filipe- View Post
it was published a few days ago that it had like 2m on the north tower 3.2m on the south..i didnt pull those numbers out of my ass
I'm the one who posted the article. Those are the last established plans. I know that anyone who doesn't read the thread wouldn't know that, which is why I corrected you. The plans have changed, there will now be 2 office towers and 1 residential tower.

The office towers could very well end up in the same height range as the earlier plan, but the configuration is different.

Quote:
Brookfield has largely finalized the design of the North Tower, but could build it or the larger South Tower first, or even both simultaneously, depending on the anchor tenants’ needs, Mosler said.

“There are use groups we are talking to that would encompass one tower, and there are users we are talking to that would require us to build [both] towers” at the same time, Mosler said.

Real estate executives not involved with Brookfield’s project said Time Warner is looking closely at the two towers, as well as at Related’s project.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 11, 2013, 4:22 PM
New Yorker for life

(May 10, 2013)

Quick snap of the NW portion of the site, the smallest, which will include retail...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 13, 2013, 3:55 AM
DENNAB

I'm sure 60 floors can't be the final figure, with 3.2 msf at least, that would be a fat building

Old Posted May 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I'm sure 60 floors can't be the final figure, with 3.2 msf at least, that would be a fat building
Yeah, you have 55 Water Street: 687' and 3.5 msf.
And then you got several megatalls(!) with about 4 msf (Shanghai Tower, Shenzhen Ping an etc). The Wuhan Greenland Center f.e. is 2087' and has 3.2 msf.

So it all depends.

Old Posted May 13, 2013, 2:16 PM
New Yorker for life

It'll be 60+ actual floors, though they may market it as something higher. At it's tallest, it was 66 floors and 1,216 feet. Both office towers will be roughly 2 msf with one possibly being a little larger than the other.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 12:35 PM
New Yorker for life

A look at a 3 tower arrangement on the Manhattan West site, from Related's Hudson Yards model...

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonYardsNewYork

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 2:15 PM

Pretty sure that's just an old massing model... I'd bet the last people Brookfield wants to show the site's design to are Related.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 6:52 PM

Here are a couple of pictures from my apartment overlook 33rd street and Dyer ave where you can see the installation of the temporary platform is now half complete

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 8:17 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGuy View Post
Here are a couple of pictures from my apartment overlook 33rd street and Dyer ave where you can see the installation of the temporary platform is now half complete
Fixed that for ya:

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 9:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
Pretty sure that's just an old massing model... I'd bet the last people Brookfield wants to show the site's design to are Related.
True, but the first good look at the 3-tower alignment Brookfield is planning now, including the 57-story residential tower. In earlier plans, the larger tower was the South tower.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/re...anted=all&_r=0

Also you get a sense of just how close the developments are, including a newly built Moynihan Station.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks WestSideGuy. You have a stellar location to view the platforms being assembled. Keep us updated!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Hope your rents don't go up too much so you can make a decade's worth of construction updates for us.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 1:22 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yesterday i saw definite progress since my last visit
although nothing visibly happening at ground level
of course the work is below so hard to say

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 9:51 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Got a good view from track level earlier, but photos came out too blurry...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

6/3/2013

Quote:
DEAL L77 LAUNCH EQUIPMENT. THIS IS A CUSTOM MADE GANTRY CRANE TO BE USED TO ASSEMBLE AND ERECT PRECAST CONCRETE GIRDERS THAT CONSTITUTE A PERMANENT STRUCTURAL PLATFORM AT 371 NINTH AVE IN CONJUNCTION TO APPLICATION #121330862.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 12:56 AM
New Yorker for life

Looks like 450 will definitely be re-skinned as part of the development.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...st-side-story/

Yesterday's West Side Story

June 20, 2013

Quote:

At Brookfield's 450 W 33rd St, we snapped a fraction of the attendees still filing into seats and conducting the ceremonial last email check before the program.

Here's Cushman global brokerage chair Bruce across the coffee urn. (As you can see from our picture, his world is a blur until he's had his caffeine.) Bruce is handling leasing for Brookfield's 7.2M SF Manhattan West on Ninth between 31st and 33rd. That's 5M SF in two towers (2M SF of office, 400 residential units, 200k SF of retail, and a boutique hotel), plus a redeveloped 450 W 33rd. Bruce tells us it'll be reskinned and get a new lobby while offering 120k SF floorplates.

Moynihan Station Development Corp acting president Michael Evans first read about Moynihan Station in the late '90s—in The New York Times while he was in high school. Brookfield's project, rising above the rail yards, seems revolutionary, but, he says, most don't realize that the original intention when the LIRR yards delivered in the '80s was to build above them.

Brookfield CEO Dennis Friedrich corrected a misperception about Manhattan West and the platform going up over the rail yards. The two new towers, which will total 5M SF, will be anchored in bedrock. The platform is just for the common areas (so take that to your cocktail parties and spread the word). The platform will deliver in 2014, and the first square feet—office and residential—will come online in '16 or '17.

The panelists and our moderator, FTI Consulting real estate co-leader Bruce Schonbraun. Mosler adds that NYC has the same inventory as in the '90s, and conversions will subtract from that. He says 68 tenants are seeking 100k SF or larger, 27 are looking for 200k SF or more, and 10 are on the market for 500k SF.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Looks like 450 will definitely be re-skinned as part of the development.
Let me guess. It'll be glassed over.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Let me guess. It'll be glassed over.

Not entierly, its not that bad looking to me...

http://blog.archpaper.com/wordpress/...west_gb_11.jpg

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 2:38 AM

polishing crap, if you ask me...

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 12:13 PM
don't *meddle*...

Yeah that POS needs to get razed, asap.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive