HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I wouldn't presume the facade won't change above the lower level. To be honest we don't have really detailed renderings showing finalized product in terms of what the building will look like. We've seen some very stylish conceptual stuff but nothing concrete as we get with CDR presentations. I don't even know if there are any images out there of the Filbert Street side of the project.
I hope so. The skin/siding on the Burlington Coat Factory building looks like one of Amazon's giant warehouses in Campbellsville, Kentucky I visited when doing some work for the company. But in worse repair. Same skin on the building furthest east. The center Building is not much better, and I don't like the windows either. I know renovations of that one, at least, are complicated by the presence of Health Partners. Coradino had said that previously.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I wouldn't presume the facade won't change above the lower level. To be honest we don't have really detailed renderings showing finalized product in terms of what the building will look like. We've seen some very stylish conceptual stuff but nothing concrete as we get with CDR presentations. I don't even know if there are any images out there of the Filbert Street side of the project.
Agreed. Just because it's still there now, doesn't mean it will stay there when it's finished. Plus, the lower levels had to be removed because they're opening them up and adding large windows. But with the upper levels that's not the case, so just because the old facade remains, doesn't mean it's the facade we'll see. Plenty of buildings put a new facade on top of the old facade instead of tearing it all apart.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Agreed. Just because it's still there now, doesn't mean it will stay there when it's finished. Plus, the lower levels had to be removed because they're opening them up and adding large windows. But with the upper levels that's not the case, so just because the old facade remains, doesn't mean it's the facade we'll see. Plenty of buildings put a new facade on top of the old facade instead of tearing it all apart.
I hope you're right. It would be a pretty half-assed renovation if they leave the paneling of the Western-most and eastern-most buildings.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:56 PM

Did I read somewhere that the three main buildings that constitute the gallery are all structurally able to support towers in the future?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
It looks like they will be keeping the same hideous skin/facade for the gallery except for the first couple floors that will be opened up to the street. I supposed the higher floors could be reclad but it doesn't look like it. Anyone know for sure?
In all of the renderings it looks like the upper floors stay the same, just maybe cleaned up. This has been a disappointment for me from the beginning but I hope it looks ok. I think some of the digital billboards will district from it.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Did I read somewhere that the three main buildings that constitute the gallery are all structurally able to support towers in the future?
At least two of them, and there are renders floating around somewhere that show towers on them.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
In all of the renderings it looks like the upper floors stay the same, just maybe cleaned up. This has been a disappointment for me from the beginning but I hope it looks ok. I think some of the digital billboards will district from it.
Yes, that's what I remembered as well. Bummer. The Health Partners building isn't totally awful. The siding on the other two buildings is really bad and looks like a warehouse. I'm not sure I've seen renders of these two where you can tell what the siding/paneling looks like, though. Maybe only the Health Partners buildings as in the images you posted.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 4:10 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 4:11 PM

Quote:
At least two of them, and there are renders floating around somewhere that show towers on them.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 4:13 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by br323206 View Post
Yeah...if that proves accurate, seems like the facade won't be replaced on the upper floors for any of the buildings. Guess we'll see...In the scheme of things, it doesn't look so bad with all the glass and billboards. And especially if the towers come to fruition.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 6:00 PM
More of that.

Cool design. This is for the ass half, not the historic front facade.

http://philly.curbed.com/2017/2/14/1...ons-renderings

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 6:34 PM

Snider family company details proposed medical-marijuana facility in Northeast Philly

Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ca...st-Philly.html

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post
Cool design. This is for the ass half, not the historic front facade.

http://philly.curbed.com/2017/2/14/1...ons-renderings
This is just one of several proposals they have not selected yet. I REALLY hope they pick a design proposal which builds something on that small surface parking lot next to the building.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Snider family company details proposed medical-marijuana facility in Northeast Philly

Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ca...st-Philly.html
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ph...!4d-74.9851678

The location is very odd. They just finished building the Poquessing Creek Trail that runs right around there and attaches to Benjamin Rush State Park. It would also back up to the fields of Parkwood Youth Organization and Junod Playground.

I am all for the jobs it would create, but you would be knocking down a wooded area that is used by the community in regards to the trail. Is there not a current dead location that can be reused? Or is this a very cheap purchase of city land for the Snider family? Former Nabisco building Site? IRS building near the FOB on the Blvd? Just some suggestions of shuttered properties that can be alternative to knocking down a wooded area.

I think it will resistance from Parkwood Civic association unless something is given back to the community. (Free weed?)

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah...if that proves accurate, seems like the facade won't be replaced on the upper floors for any of the buildings. Guess we'll see...In the scheme of things, it doesn't look so bad with all the glass and billboards. And especially if the towers come to fruition.
Are they trying to turn the area into a discount Times Square?
That'll either be really good or really bad for the city

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Are they trying to turn the area into a discount Times Square?
That'll either be really good or really bad for the city
I don't know if it could have gotten worse than it was.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 1:39 AM

I wasn't able to take a picture earlier due to my phone's battery being low, but it appears that 2400 Market now has two cranes working on it. The new one appeared to be on the southern end towards Chestnut, and I could not tell if it was a tower crane or not. Can anyone confirm this sighting?

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I wasn't able to take a picture earlier due to my phone's battery being low, but it appears that 2400 Market now has two cranes working on it. The new one appeared to be on the southern end towards Chestnut, and I could not tell if it was a tower crane or not. Can anyone confirm this sighting?
Not sure if it's a 2nd tower crane or not, but from my apt. it definitely looks like a 2nd crane of some sort is there near Chestnut St.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:13 PM

It's a long building. Doesn't necessarily surprise me there'd be two cranes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development