HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 3:28 PM

Depends what you mean by "cheaper than NYC".

Hoboken and Jersey City are much cheaper than Manhattan.

They're about the same price as the Outer Boroughs (excepting brownstone Brooklyn and Williamsburg, which will generally cost a little more). Keep in mind though that there are a very wide variety of neighborhoods and prices in Jersey City and Hoboken.

Jersey City is generally cheaper than Hoboken, but a modern luxury highrise in Jersey City will probably cost the same as in Hoboken.

Also, keep in mind that there are many other Jersey communities that are similarly convenient to Manhattan (Weehawken, Union City, West NY, Edgewater, Fort Lee, many others.)

I would generally prefer to live in Brooklyn or Queens, because the transit options are a little more plentiful, and the services in NYC are generally a little better, but Hoboken or Jersey City (and other NJ communities) are good options too.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 7:11 PM
Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Depends what you mean by "cheaper than NYC".

Hoboken and Jersey City are much cheaper than Manhattan.

They're about the same price as the Outer Boroughs (excepting brownstone Brooklyn and Williamsburg, which will generally cost a little more). Keep in mind though that there are a very wide variety of neighborhoods and prices in Jersey City and Hoboken.

Jersey City is generally cheaper than Hoboken, but a modern luxury highrise in Jersey City will probably cost the same as in Hoboken.

Also, keep in mind that there are many other Jersey communities that are similarly convenient to Manhattan (Weehawken, Union City, West NY, Edgewater, Fort Lee, many others.)

I would generally prefer to live in Brooklyn or Queens, because the transit options are a little more plentiful, and the services in NYC are generally a little better, but Hoboken or Jersey City (and other NJ communities) are good options too.
Thanks for the info, i spent a week in Jersey City in 2006 and i really liked the Hoboken waterfront and the amazing view on the Manhattan skyline, something you can't get in NY

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 10:40 PM
Bombshell Vintage

Great stuff.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 11:59 PM

Nice pics! The views across the Hudson are amazing!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos