HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Royal Connaught Addition in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 4:09 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Here's the arse of the newer phase.....
[IMG]TJ064433 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Here's the arse of the newer phase.....
[IMG]TJ064433 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
Once the construction hoist is removed, the back part of Phase 2 will look great. Construction of Phase 2 has moved along quicker than Phase 1, and we're excited about how quickly, but more importantly how efficiently the construction has been in Phase 2.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:05 PM

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomax View Post

Wow...all that glass...beautiful. Been looking at this from the street and wondering what the views and natural light must be like.
Anyone know if these guys are going ahead with the 36-storey next phase? Any developer who already got approval for a building taller than 30-stories should build it ASAP (can't believe I just wrote that, as if 30-stories is remotely tall for a so-called big city).
Hope the Connaught goes with their tower soon.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
Wow...all that glass...beautiful. Been looking at this from the street and wondering what the views and natural light must be like.
Anyone know if these guys are going ahead with the 36-storey next phase? Any developer who already got approval for a building taller than 30-stories should build it ASAP (can't believe I just wrote that, as if 30-stories is remotely tall for a so-called big city).
Hope the Connaught goes with their tower soon.
We're going full force ahead with Phase 3. We're currently selling off the remaining inventory of Phase 2 (at 90% sold as of Today).

Phase 3 will begin selling as we inch closer to the 100% sold figure for Phase 2. We're getting close.

I'll be posting some photos of the penthouses facing King St soon. They have ceiling heights of over 20 feet, meaning in most cases, 20 foot high windows. They're stunning. Some are two levels, some are large one levels.

Last edited by hamilton23; Oct 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM. Reason: Added content.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 4:52 PM

That unit above is listed for rent on kijiji @ $3,990

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
And kudos to the owner of that unit for listing it at that price.

In Toronto, a unit like that would run someone $5000+ /month.

More people investing in the core, the better for our city from an economics standpoint.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 6:21 PM
Hammer'd

Those penthouse units look amazing. I'm not a fan of the way they look from the outside but I guess the inside is what counts.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt602 View Post
Those penthouse units look amazing. I'm not a fan of the way they look from the outside but I guess the inside is what counts.
This particular unit went with the standard package for their finishes.

I'll be posting some pictures early next week on here of some of the penthouses with entirely upgraded finishes. They are truly beautiful.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 8:16 PM

What's roughly the square footage of that unit? It's hard to get an ideal from the pictures.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
Jeeze, you could have a $400k house paid off inside of 10 years with mortgage payments that high. I can't see people renting for that much. Who knows though.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
Jeeze, you could have a $400k house paid off inside of 10 years with mortgage payments that high. I can't see people renting for that much. Who knows though.
There could be a dozen different reasons why someone is paying that level of rent. Maybe it's an apartment owned by a company which wants a residence for executives when they are here.

In Hamilton, developers seem to be building themselves into a big problem. With the exception of the higher-end like RC, I fear that if the new builds described in The Inlet all come to fruition, the supply will so exceed the demand that the condo market will crash.

We don't have the surging population of Toronto, and I'm concerned about the sustainability of the condo rental and sales market in Hamilton. Ironically, Toronto's real estate prices are on the rise again, which may restart the exodus of home buyers from there to here. Time will tell.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
What's roughly the square footage of that unit? It's hard to get an ideal from the pictures.
This particular unit is about 1600 square feet roughly. One of the smaller ones. I'll edit this once I verify on site.

Last edited by hamilton23; Oct 13, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton23 View Post
This particular unit is about 1600 square feet roughly. One of the smaller ones. I'll edit this once I verify on site.
I just came across the listing on Realtor.ca:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-L8N1A8

Based on the room dimensions provided, they've accounted for around 650 sq. ft. That doesn't include the 2 bathrooms, laundry room and I guess any hallways though - but I really doubt they would account for 950 sq. feet.

Either this unit is incredibly overpriced or the listing is inaccurate and really is 1,600 sq. ft - making the unit only only moderately overpriced.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 1:23 AM

Quote:
I just came across the listing on Realtor.ca:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-L8N1A8

Based on the room dimensions provided, they've accounted for around 650 sq. ft. That doesn't include the 2 bathrooms, laundry room and I guess any hallways though - but I really doubt they would account for 950 sq. feet.

Either this unit is incredibly overpriced or the listing is inaccurate and really is 1,600 sq. ft - making the unit only only moderately overpriced.
It's for sure not under 1000 sq ft. On that listing, the agent doesn't account for the two bathrooms, walk in closet and full laundry room. Will double check when I'm back on site after the weekend though.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton23 View Post
It's for sure not under 1000 sq ft. On that listing, the agent doesn't account for the two bathrooms, walk in closet and full laundry room. Will double check when I'm back on site after the weekend though.
Any confirmation on the square footage yet?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomax View Post
purely out of curiosity, how does one change the lightbulbs? You'd need a ladder I am guessing..

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Any confirmation on the square footage yet?
1475 sqft

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
purely out of curiosity, how does one change the lightbulbs? You'd need a ladder I am guessing..
Yes, you would need a ladder to change the bulbs unless you happened to be 10 ft tall with a long wing span!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohamilton View Post
There could be a dozen different reasons why someone is paying that level of rent. Maybe it's an apartment owned by a company which wants a residence for executives when they are here.

In Hamilton, developers seem to be building themselves into a big problem. With the exception of the higher-end like RC, I fear that if the new builds described in The Inlet all come to fruition, the supply will so exceed the demand that the condo market will crash.

We don't have the surging population of Toronto, and I'm concerned about the sustainability of the condo rental and sales market in Hamilton. Ironically, Toronto's real estate prices are on the rise again, which may restart the exodus of home buyers from there to here. Time will tell.
Yup, all the reasons you mentioned are true. Large businesses may rent them for out of town employees.

However, I doubt that happens. Most of the renters of the larger and more expensive units have been downsizers. People and couples anywhere in their 30's-50's, looking to live into a smaller condo as opposed to a house and also for the chance to live Downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton