HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 4:51 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Those redesigns all look hideous Don't touch Montparnasse, there's nothing wrong with it. Just redesign the base à la Sears tower.
This. Tour Montparnasse is a great example of a tower for the time in which it was built. They need to leave the exterior largely alone. It's vertical lines are beautiful and what makes it.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:24 PM
that prick

It's not only about how things look, but also how they work. The cladding of that tower is outdated and must be changed. Even old stone has to be replaced from time to time.

Guess they could've picked something that would be true to the original design and look the same, if it hadn't been disparaged by a majority of locals.
psst... A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34)
The French are just a bunch of Italians that woke up in a very bad mood - Jean Cocteau.
The French? Pathetic! Always obnoxious! The total opposite of the Italians! Paris? Awfully polluted! The unbearable downtown! - (basically unattractive) Carla Bruni.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 9:54 PM

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 12:35 PM
that prick

^ There are still some holes to fill in along the sidewalk on the right, and unfortunately, the feet of older towers remain anti-urban.

Otherwise, it's potentially massive. Alto and M2/Saint-Gobain (U/C on the left, 1st pic) are so important to complete the ridiculous density along. Trinity is also major to enhance the urban feel a few hundreds yards farther.

This is likely to be the biggest high-rise boulevard over the continent. I assume it's going to be walled all along like a massive canyon.
psst... A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34)
The French are just a bunch of Italians that woke up in a very bad mood - Jean Cocteau.
The French? Pathetic! Always obnoxious! The total opposite of the Italians! Paris? Awfully polluted! The unbearable downtown! - (basically unattractive) Carla Bruni.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations