HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 8:23 PM

Drawings [PDF - 20MB], Staff Report (which does not yet recommend approval) and NWDA letter for 1331 NW 17th Ave.

Notice of a Type II Proposal for 1831 NW 28th Ave.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:33 AM

NW 21st and Irving

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:44 AM

Q21

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:48 AM

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 2:13 PM

NW Portland printing plant will be 5-acre industrial development

Quote:
The Cenveo commercial printing site in Northwest Portland will be redeveloped into a five-acre industrial site, possibly combined with new commercial offices.

Cenveo disclosed earlier this week that it's shutting down the factory and laying off all 91 people who work there. Winkler Development and Watumull Properties plan to convert the site into a major industrial campus, or perhaps a multitenant office site just across Highway 26 from the Pearl District.
"Across Highway 26 from the Pearl District"? Wow.

Anyway, it looks like it's at 20th and Wilson.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 7:01 AM

21st & Irving looked in a bad way for a while. I walked past there daily back in the fall when we had a lot of rain and the site was a bath tub for a while. Glad to see it moving along now.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 8:36 PM

A project at the parking lot north of 1715 NW Couch St has been submitted for Type III Conditional Use Review by GBD Architects:

Quote:
Type III Conditional Use Review – Intention at this time is to be vested under the current code; information to complete the application will be provided at a later date within the allowed 180-days.

new six story residential projecton a three-block conditional use site. Development includes one level of below grade parking to be operated as commercial use (maintaining parking for the cathedral) and a partial level at-grade to support residential units.
The project has also been submitted for Type III Design Review:

Quote:
New six story residential project with one level of below grade parking to be operated as commercial use (maintaining parking for the cathedral) and a partial level at-grade to support residential units. Proposed development is located on a three-block conditional use site which will be submitted separately.
A project at 1327 NW 19th Ave has been submitted for Type III Design Review by TVA Architects:

Quote:
New 7-story apartment building with 100 residential units (75′ maximum height)
A project at 1111 NW 16th Ave has been submitted for Type III Design Review by Koz Development:

Quote:
Proposal for a new 94-unit, 6 story mixed-use apartment building.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Cool Spaces: Slabtown awning factory transformed into a creative agency's hip headquarters (Photos)

It had long been a fairly nondescript building that housed an awning company in the Slabtown district of Northwest Portland.

But the combined efforts of a rapidly growing creative agency, a Portland architecture firm and a local developer turned it into an innovative creative office space that's now home to 150 employees.

Swift, a creative agency that's done work for Starbucks, Google, Adidas and others, crossed the street last year into its new home at 1250 N.W. 17th Ave., a move that doubled its footprint to 30,000 square feet. The new office has the open, flexible space that's all the rage in the creative office world these days, and all 150 of the company's employees are spread out across a single floor to encourage communication and collaboration.
....continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 8:57 PM

Request for Response for Raleigh 22 Apartments (where George Morlan is now).

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 3:08 AM

A project at 2135 NW 29th Ave has been submitted for Type III Conditional Use Review by SERA Architects:

Quote:
Conditional Use Review to allow residential use in the EG1 zone. Project includes 15 row houses with 6 ADU’s

Conditional Use review for a mixed use development. Three separate mixed use buildings and a standalone retail building are proposed. A street vacation is requested for NW Roosevelt east of NW 30th Avenue. Approximately 350 to 400 units total are proposed and 150 to 200 parking spaces. Residential uses in the EG zone are only allowed through approval of a Conditional Use as per Chapter 33.815.130 of the Portland Zoning Code. Adjustment to height requirements for all proposed buildings.
A project at 1834 NW 25th Ave has been submitted for building permit review by Mentrum Architecture:

Quote:
Construct new 5 story 30 unit apartment building with no parking; 64 sf trash enclosure see folder comments
The Derby NW apartments at 1015 NW 16th Ave have been submitted for building permit review by Koz Development:

Quote:
Construct 6-story mixed use 128 unit apartment building, on ground floor retail tenant space, bike storage, garbage room, electrical room and residential units and associated site work

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 6:57 AM

Derby NW

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 8:07 PM

Revised drawings [PDF - 38MB], revised Staff Report and memo for 1825 NW 23rd Ave.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Revised drawings [PDF - 38MB], revised Staff Report and memo for 1825 NW 23rd Ave.
Project was approved today.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 8:01 PM

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 8:09 PM

Final Findings for 1825 NW 23rd Ave

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 10:02 PM

Notice of a Public Hearing for the music venue at 2034 NW 27th Ave

Revised Staff Report for 1331 NW 17th Ave, which does not yet recommend approval

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 6:41 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Geez, that building is gorgeous. Who says Portland doesn't do good architecture?!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Revised Staff Report for 1331 NW 17th Ave, which does not yet recommend approval
Latest drawings [PDF - 52 MB].

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 5:07 AM

Drawings [PDF - 22MB] and Staff Report* for the Raleigh 22 Apartments.

*Not that I've never made a similar mistake myself, but the text in the Tentative Staff Recommendation section is clearly recycled without sufficient proof reading.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 5:29 AM

This one weird trick will get Design Review to approve a building in NW Portland.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland