HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 7:50 PM
not a cynic

I probably don't say it enough but thanks for all the pics Sawtooth. I really like the 8000cfs aftermath pics. I've been doing some recon and there are quite a few new sandy beaches and drift wood piles. There's a huge new beach in the area between the Railroad Trestle and the Fairview Bridge.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 11:56 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
I probably don't say it enough but thanks for all the pics Sawtooth. I really like the 8000cfs aftermath pics. I've been doing some recon and there are quite a few new sandy beaches and drift wood piles. There's a huge new beach in the area between the Railroad Trestle and the Fairview Bridge.
You are welcome, and thanks boisecynic. Sometimes I feel I have my camera with me way more often then I should.

I was surprised at how quickly the river level dropped this past week and the new fishy smelling sandy beaches here and there along its course. I almost sensed that the brush and trees are relieved to finally not have their lower sections submerged in fast moving water.

I am still working on sorting and finalizing photos for my city photo thread and it will be posted for sure this week. Shooting photos is a breeze, but when I decide to use some for a photo thread it can take a while to sort through and upload them all. I'm almost there.

For the time being here are a few photos I took this past weekend on a drive deep into the mountains behind Boise. I have dozens more from this trip and may post more later on in a thread in the general photography forum.
I have been to this area many times in the past, but this time was completely amazed at how extremely beautiful it all is and this is all so quick and easy to get to from Boise.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 3:39 PM

Heavenly. Looking forward to your city thread because you always do such a great job at showing Boise off with class and style and excellent photography. But this thread is a really beautifully documented piece of work of our spring this year and I bet nowhere else on the web can a person see the pics they can see here of our fair city.

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
All man. Half nuts.

don't forget the grit!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2012, 8:22 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Grit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
don't forget the grit!

I have photographed these buildings many times in the past and they are probably as close to grit as anything in downtown, but then only the backsides have that grit look, the fronts are nice and well kept. Hopefully the old Davies Reid building sees new life soon. If anyone wants to see some good old downtown grit then check out my Twin Falls historic downtown photo thread I posted last year.

I almost have all the photos ready so I post my city photo forum thread later today or tomorrow. I will post the link here once I have posted the new thread.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 3:39 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

June 3. Randomness. Still sorting so that I can finalize my new city photo thread.

Dusk

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 6:24 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

My Sense of Place

My new photo thread is posted in the city photography forum. Here is the link:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199774

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 5:12 PM

Impressive thread once again Sawtooth, this one is really beautiful too and thanks for repping our fair city so well with your skills. Boiseans, make sure to check his new thread out in the other forum and show some love for your city

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 3:46 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

I have posted a photo thread in the general photography forum of some Payette River goodness and Boiling Springs hotness. If you're into it.

the link:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199861

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 2:37 PM

Loved the beautiful Payette thread Sawtooth! The Idaho tourism board should hit you up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West