HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 7:55 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

This tower is gorgeous. I'd much rather have HCA in this tower than at WES. This tower has a better design, is in the core, and will add density to the SoBro skyline. The fact that it will include a residential portion (apartments I think, correct me if wrong) makes me think the financing will be a little easier.

Also, the woman walking in the bottom right corner of the rendering has to be 8' tall. Amazon.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 8:10 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Do you guys think that since we have a rendering and another article on Tony G's new tower it needs it's own thread?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 9:02 PM

HOLY $h!t!!!....

MUST.....BUILD....THIS.....TOWER....

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Do you guys think that since we have a rendering and another article on Tony G's new tower it needs it's own thread?
Definitely...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
HOLY $h!t!!!....

MUST.....BUILD....THIS.....TOWER....
I said the same thing when I saw this beauty. Tony is just teasing us now, right?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 11:23 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

futuresooner started a thread for Sheet Music over in the proposals forum. Here's the link in case you guys missed it.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=207614

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 12:14 AM

Hats off to Tony G for being as ambitious as he is, and trying to bring to Nashville two of the hottest towers around...
I once said that Nashville needed more ambitious developers....... Turns out all we need is Tony.

If everything goes like we all hope it does, this man could single handedly change the Nashville skyline forever, and take this city to a whole other level in terms of architecture.

Tony Giarratana is the MAN!!!...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
I said the same thing when I saw this beauty. Tony is just teasing us now, right?
This tower just blows me away! I literally about fell out of my chair when I scrolled down to find this beast staring at me... This is my kind of tower and I dont care what anyone says, this thing (IMO) is one of the hottest towers I have ever seen. If this ends up being another LEED platinum tower like 505 CST...it will just make it even more ridiculously sexy then it already is.

Quote:
futuresooner started a thread for Sheet Music over in the proposals forum. Here's the link in case you guys missed it.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=207614
Thanks ark!

Last edited by MIRYDI; Sep 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 1:05 AM

Beautiful tower!

"Na'isha - Our people" - Plains Apache / Apache Tribe of Oklahoma

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 4:00 AM

Great update photos. Why is the AMP a maybe, I thought federal funding came through and it was a done deal, just a matter of construction at this point?

AMP is something that will really help Nashville since there is no central core rapid transit network right now of any kind, just a traditional bus system that doesn't really serve local rapid transit with frequent service.

Last time I was in an AMP discussion (not here) there were quite a few closed minded, provincial attitudes about it, but I can't imagine small minded thought keeping it back, it seems too far along for not being done.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 5:10 AM

That new proposal is an absolutely stunning design that any city would love, including mine! Does anyone know which firm designed it?

I am beyond happy for what is happening in our neighbor to the north right now, you guys are on fire!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 5:29 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
That new proposal is an absolutely stunning design that any city would love, including mine! Does anyone know which firm designed it?

I am beyond happy for what is happening in our neighbor to the north right now, you guys are on fire!
Perkins & Will out of Chicago

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Perkins & Will out of Chicago
Thanks, I'm a huge fan of theirs! The link didn't work for me.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 11:33 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
Great update photos. Why is the AMP a maybe, I thought federal funding came through and it was a done deal, just a matter of construction at this point?

AMP is something that will really help Nashville since there is no central core rapid transit network right now of any kind, just a traditional bus system that doesn't really serve local rapid transit with frequent service.

Last time I was in an AMP discussion (not here) there were quite a few closed minded, provincial attitudes about it, but I can't imagine small minded thought keeping it back, it seems too far along for not being done.
It falls under the 'long range' category, not an 'iffy' project. I believe there are still quite a few details to settle before construction actually begins. And although there is a well organized 'Stop Amp' movement being formed, I don't expect it to have any significant impact.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Right now, I'd say this is no more than a rendering for a pitch to HCA. I would be very surprised if there were any serious progress toward bringing this out of the ground.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 1:08 PM

^I dono...It sounds like a serious proposal to me from what little information we have...

In other news... More talk about the rumored Four Seasons Hotel.

Local developer makes strides with landing luxury hotel in Gulch
http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/9...hotel_in_gulch
Quote:
In mid-August, the Nashville Business Journal reported the local boutique development company had met with the head of development for Toronto-based Four Seasons Hotels Inc. In addition, Mark Bloom, a real estate investor affiliated with Corner Partnership, told NBJ at the time that he had engaged in discussions with “three or four” prospective luxury hotel partners at that point.
Quote:
“In addition to Four Seasons, we’ve had two other hotel groups in town during the past few weeks,” said Bloom, who declined to disclose the identity of the groups.
Quote:
Corner Partnership wants to align with a luxury hotel developer to redevelop a 1.23-acre site located at the southeast corner of 12th Avenue South and Laurel Street in The Gulch. The site currently is home to two vintage masonry buildings, one of which houses high-end jewerly maker and retailer Vincent Peach. (The site is seen in the upper center of this image courtesy of Google Maps.)
The site.

Welcome, Google: Tech giant picks Nashville as a 'tech hub' city
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ant-picks.html
Quote:
Google will announce today that it has selected Nashville as one of seven inaugural cities to participate in its Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub Network, a new venture the tech giant is launching to better connect emerging local tech scenes across the country with each other and with resources at Google. Click on the link to read more.

N.C. developer plans upscale apartments in Priest Lake area
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...s-upscale.html

Quote:
Greensboro, N.C.-based Carroll Investment Properties is planning a luxury apartment community on 25 acres in the Percy Priest area, The Tennessean reports. The company recently paid $2.5 million for the land, on which it plans a 312-unit development. Heron Pointe will be located about a quarter-mile from the intersection of Bell Road and Couchville Pike.

Antioch land deal hints at future development
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 2:39 PM

Is there anybody here that can take all these proposals and photoshop them into a skyline picture to see how they would all look? That would be pretty cool to see.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 6:23 PM

Anybody know anything about this?

Proposed roundabout tower could rise taller than originally planned
http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/9...nally_proposed

It's blocked by paywall, so I can't get the details.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 10:33 PM

Mirydi, on another site, asked for a picture of the skyline with all major developments rendered. Here is my crude attempt.

View of Nashville's 40 block long skyline from Belmont University.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 10:37 PM

Why would it be an either/or scenario regarding a potential HCA anchored 40 story tower and WES? Isn't WES already anchored by several unrelated companies to HCA, and its a mixed used project that also isn't reliant on a corporate HQ entirely?

These seem like two completely independent projects. And if true, is a great development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations