HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 6:18 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEinEDMONTON View Post
Been buying ANF ( Abercrombie and Fitch) on and off lately and bought 1,000 shares in late October. An analyst proceeded to downgrade the stock 2 days later and it was down $2,000+ US. Bought 1,000 more and still dropped a bit. Bought a 1,000 more. Week later now down $3,500 US.

However, stock was rising slowly over the last two weeks until last Friday when Q3 results came out. Up over $3.00 US. Sold it all and made $8,800 US, or $11,400 CDN....going to Mexico on Friday for two weeks...
Excellent. I just can't do the swing trading, I get scared. My buddy does this and makes so much money. - He tries to make 3,000 - 7,000 per trade, tries to do it within the week most time.

Anyways, I am an accumulator. I added more Apple Stocks to my assets, and will be looking to save up some more cash for Google/Amazon I just can't justify the P/E so it has to be throw away cash that I invest, for the super longterm.

Been making some nice returns on my Banking, Real Estate, and Insurance stocks, however, including dividends and capital gains.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 2:50 AM

For me, stocks like Apple cost too much, I want to buy lots of shares instead of a little to increase profit. My share price limit so far is $20/share. Most of my investments are in marijuana stock though, I'm betting on the entire industry.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 9:55 PM

Bombardier stocks are up! Boeing lost the court battle over the 300% tariffs on the CS300.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 12:41 PM
recession proof

Gold and oil stocks.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itom 987 View Post
For me, stocks like Apple cost too much, I want to buy lots of shares instead of a little to increase profit. My share price limit so far is $20/share. Most of my investments are in marijuana stock though, I'm betting on the entire industry.
The logic of buying stocks should not depend on the overall price but I do see your point. I like to buy in 1,000 share lots but I do not turn down shares such as Apple if I see a good buying opportunity. I end up just buying 100 or 200 shares versus 1,000.

I have also have been buying into the weed stocks of late. Various people have peaked my interest in them over the last three weeks I have managed to make around $11,000. Got some at the moment slightly under water but I think there is still good upside in the industry and I am not worried about the weed stocks.

Been on a cruise the last week and decided to pay the $100 US fee for internet and wanted to try and pay for the fee by investing in the market last week. My go to stock for that was Twitter and I bought 1,000 shares and it did rise to up $300 early on. I was about to sell it and never connected as it dropped and I ended up buying another 2,000 shares on the way down. By Thursday I was down $1,800 US. However, Friday was a good day for Twitter as it was up over $2.00 and I ended up selling and profit was $3,400 US.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 11:21 PM
gettin' rich!

I am putting together some cash to have enough to buy a single share of Amazon. Its way over priced and has run up 50% this year. In my mind a plan stupid investment. But I don't want to bet against this guy.

While I wait to accumulate the cash for the AMZN purchase I'll buy more shares of AAPL with the money I've already allocated for that investment.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2018, 6:10 PM
gettin' rich!

Last weekend my buddy told me that the market was gonna crash. (Dow Jones), not because of Trump's stupidity or anything, he uses technicals to predict market moves. When trading the leverage etfs like FAZ/FAS and VIX? Volitility ETFs and trades with a float of around $50,000. He usually sends me texts gloating about how much money he is making. Didn't send me any this week. I wonder how he did?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2018, 8:27 PM
recession proof

Tsla $300

Old Posted Mar 30, 2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
I am putting together some cash to have enough to buy a single share of Amazon. Its way over priced and has run up 50% this year. In my mind a plan stupid investment. But I don't want to bet against this guy.

While I wait to accumulate the cash for the AMZN purchase I'll buy more shares of AAPL with the money I've already allocated for that investment.
Wow I bet you’re thankful you didn’t buy that Amazon stock yet!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2018, 10:02 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Wow I bet you’re thankful you didn’t buy that Amazon stock yet!
So far only $300 in my US account. Will take me another month or so to get up to 1500 USD. The lower stock price is good because the valuation is still ridiculous

Trump is so jealous of Bezos it hurts.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 11:52 PM
recession proof

Tsla $305

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 2:35 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Tsla $305
Tesla might be in trouble..

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 2:37 AM
The Vomit Bag.

My house doubled in value over 5 years. I guess I must be an extremely shrewd investor!
(n=37)

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 2:45 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
My house doubled in value over 5 years. I guess I must be an extremely shrewd investor!
(n=37)

Real Estate is s good as investment as any.

So its all good.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 2:49 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Tesla might be in trouble..
Just to clarify my concern with Tesla is not the stock price, but it abiltity to produce cars and reduce its losses. Its burning cash at a ridiculous rate. So if they can get their production up and narrow the losses to reduce cash burn there is hope. They are not only trying to revolutionize the car, they are also trying to revolutionize the car production process through A/I and Automation. There is great promise, but also great risk. But thats where you will potentially make more money than my crazy bet on Amazon.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 9:20 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

bought a tax house from the town here for 5k in the fall and a empty lot with a garage across the lane for 1k this week.

needs bunch of work but overall not bad shape for sitting for 8yrs barly any mold mostly was the junk i cleaned out curently rebuilding a bathroom and fixing a few minor things till i can get up on the roof to reshingle it as it needs to be done.

the being lived in options are 20-30k and most of them seem to have water problems with mold and need as much if not more work then this thing

my dad bought the boarded one beside me sept somehow im on both tittles so i gues i own both of em it will be another project for next winter and we just aquired a house across the lane for simlar ammount and a couple empty lots

o% vacancy on the rental market theres money to be made. especialy when the competition is slum lords and theres demand for clean proper homes .

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:29 PM
gettin' rich!

Trump is causing the markets to go crazy. Traders are capitalizing. Trump and the markets are getting pretty easy to predict, he says some crazy and unnerving thing in the evening, the next day the market tanks.

He can't help himself. But the markets should know better at the same time. A trade war with China will not end well.....

...for the United States.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:52 PM
recession proof

What Trump says is mere white noise. Nice TSLA trade.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 12:44 AM

Any crypto chatter here?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 11:49 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
What Trump says is mere white noise. Nice TSLA trade.
Did you make the trade?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada