HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 3:56 AM

Slate | 104' | 10 floors | Completed

-------------------------

Original Post:

I saw on the Portland Business Journal site that Beam/Urban Development Partners are moving forward with a 120-150 unit live work project just east of Convention Plaza. It may be a project on the WPA site which can be seen here. If so that would be amazing and a real step forward for the area in terms of new residents and design quality.

Last edited by maccoinnich; Dec 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 4:48 AM

So there are two projects over there, right? A week or two ago someone proposed a 12-story building.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 6:37 AM

^That's what I'm thinking too.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 7:04 AM

I think the 12-story bldg was the next block south.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:32 PM

Quote:
I think the 12-story bldg was the next block south.
Yep, I'm 99% sure that one is going to be on the block abutting the bridge.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 9:38 PM
A before E

Awesome project, I am really excited for Eastside Burnside, that area is going to turn into a collection of Portland Architecture. I could see that area becoming my favorite urban district in Portland.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2013, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Awesome project, I am really excited for Eastside Burnside, that area is going to turn into a collection of Portland Architecture. I could see that area becoming my favorite urban district in Portland.
The new condos around there mixed with the older architecture has already turned it into one of my favorites. It's not quite there yet, but it's definitely becoming something.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 12:24 AM

ok, so we've talked recently about a 12-story building, a 5-story building and now a 21-story building. i was under the impression the 12-story building would be on the block bordered by burnside, couch, 2nd and 3rd. was i wrong about the location of that building or have they upsized that project?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2013, 6:42 PM

Two seven story buildings could arise on east end of Burnside Bridge

Quote:
Portland Development Commission, the city urban renewal agency, is poised to sell a long-vacant parcel near the east end of the Burnside Bridge to Beam Development and Urban Development Partners.

The developers have agreed to pay nearly $2.3 million for the 26,570-square-foot parcel at the northwest corner of Northeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Couch Street, part of what’s known as the Burnside Bridgehead property.

Beam and Urban Development Partners plan to build two buildings in phases, with the first phase expected to be a seven-story, 100,000-square-foot mixed-use building. There would be ground-floor commercial space topped by work/live units, with apartments above those. A second phase is anticipated to be another seven-story building, with 60,000 square feet of commercial, office and apartments.
The block in question is just to the north of the block with the skylab-designed 21-story tower.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2013, 2:44 AM

^
image Works Parntership

looks like this concept will be the first part.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 5:23 AM

Burnside Bridgehead: More apartments proposed for revived Portland project

Quote:
Portland's revived Burnside Bridgehead project would add even more apartments under a deal headed to the Portland Development Commission for approval today.

The proposal is the latest indication that the white-hot rental market is driving development in Portland's close-in neighborhoods, including the jobs-focused Central Eastside.

Beam Development, which is renovating the five-story Convention Plaza office building at the bridgehead, wants to buy another property from the city for $2.26 million in a business venture with Urban Development Partners.

The plan is vague but includes an unspecified number of apartments above commercial, office or "work/live" space in two new buildings. The units would be in addition to nearly 300 already proposed at the bridgehead by a Hood River-based developer.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 2:46 AM
A before E

Good to see the Burnside Bridgehead is moving forward. It makes sense trying to go after the rental market with this project. Though I wish the buildings would be taller than 7 stories.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 6:50 AM

Early assistance intake for a 9-story mixed use building at MLK and Couch (111 NE MLK - the NW corner of this intersection).

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 3:37 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
Early assistance intake for a 9-story mixed use building at MLK and Couch (111 NE MLK - the NW corner of this intersection).
Meh, hopefully this is only the quarter block and not the big portion along 3rd, I was hoping for another taller tower like the one the apartment that should be getting built just south of this building.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 3:54 AM

First renderings of block 75 Burnside Bridgehead development designed by Works. Looks compelling -- potentially a nice complement to the other projects slated for the area.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 AM
A before E

The renderings look amazing, I am hoping we get something tall in the quarter lot to the north of their, but overall this emerging East Burnside District (does it have its own name yet) is turning into quite a creative architecture urban district. I am excited about watching this area grow and become more dense.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 5:02 PM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
The renderings look amazing, I am hoping we get something tall in the quarter lot to the north of their, but overall this emerging East Burnside District (does it have its own name yet) is turning into quite a creative architecture urban district. I am excited about watching this area grow and become more dense.
LoBu (Lower Burnside).

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 5:27 PM

Upper floors look great. Connection to street looks rather cold. Great overall project.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 5:43 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
Upper floors look great. Connection to street looks rather cold. Great overall project.
The way the renderings look, it looks like all along the first floor could all be commercial spaces, which would be good.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
LoBu (Lower Burnside).
Dear god no....

How's this for an idea:

Central Eastside

.....? Seriously, why does it need a new name?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland