HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

47-27 Center Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 6:37 PM

While the height isn't jaw dropping, and the buildings for the most part are pretty standard, I am really looking forward to the beginning of the canonization of the East River. Midtown on one side, and these and hopefully more to come down the road.

Thanks for the pics!

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 3:00 AM

Once the weather is a little nicer again, I'll head over for more photos. I believe they are building foundations for the final 2 buildings as these two rise. It's amazing that they did a building a year for three years, then took a year off, and are now plowing through all 4 of the final ones at once. The library is supposed to start construction this year as well, and almost all the demo is done for Hunters Point South. I know the first phase is only 2 towers, but I believe they are building out the park and the entire street grid, then filling it. This area is going to be so very very different (and it already is from when I moved to the city just a few years ago).

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 3:02 AM

a 700 footer would be nice on this side of the east river.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 8:08 PM

That'll be a little tougher. Citi is 686. I don't think the waterfront is zoned for over about 500. 43-08 Crescent St., the next large Rockrose tower in central LIC is only 400 ft (foundations done, and SURPRISE! the building just pulled fresh NB permits as of a week ago. Amazing.). I guess the second tower for Gotham Center if it is built is weighing in at 37 stories. Based on the ceiling heights of the first tower (325/21), even this tower will only be about 570. Not sure what it will take to get 700ft over here.

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
That'll be a little tougher. Citi is 686. I don't think the waterfront is zoned for over about 500. 43-08 Crescent St., the next large Rockrose tower in central LIC is only 400 ft (foundations done, and SURPRISE! the building just pulled fresh NB permits as of a week ago. Amazing.). I guess the second tower for Gotham Center if it is built is weighing in at 37 stories. Based on the ceiling heights of the first tower (325/21), even this tower will only be about 570. Not sure what it will take to get 700ft over here.
Perhaps KPF or SOM could undertake a master plan for the area and give it a tall centerpiece. One can dream....

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 2:53 AM

I would love to see a 1,000+ footer there.

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
I would love to see a 1,000+ footer there.
i have much more faith in BKLYN seeing a 1000+ footer then Queens.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 4:13 AM

Bookending 46th St...

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 2:56 PM

^^Is that garbage piled up along the street? Is there a Sanitation/Garbage Department strike?

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 9:51 PM

Kinda looks like thatbguy in the blue, maybe a super or something, is going through the garbage. And no there's no sanitation strike.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 10:41 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

I don't know a lot about NY development. Is this all just for rich people?

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:41 AM

Depends on your definition of rich. That said, yes, it's all market rate. Hunters Point South, below this, will be "affordable." Last time I looked, it was maybe 2500/mo for a 1br with good views+possibly a balcony. Applying our little 40x standard rule, you're talking a HH income of 100k/year. 2.5x the national median, but not particularly outrageous for your average office jockey couple in Manhattan.

Old Posted May 29, 2011, 1:45 PM

Old Posted May 29, 2011, 11:34 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
Depends on your definition of rich. That said, yes, it's all market rate. Hunters Point South, below this, will be "affordable." Last time I looked, it was maybe 2500/mo for a 1br with good views+possibly a balcony.
Last place I lived (in NorCal) was $500/mo. Good views, but irritatingly distant from conveniences. Sounds like in New York, $500 would get me the use of a porta-john between 2:15 and 2:21 AM. The folks who run the place must have a pretty strange definition of "mixed income" if that means millionaires deigning to live in the presence of mere hundred-thousandaires.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 5:50 PM

Sorry, the affordable stuff is much less. I meant the market-rate stuff is 2500/mo. Also, if you think that the average american spends 8000/year on cars, that's already 650/mo you could be paying in rent without one. I have plenty of friends with roommates who pay 500-1000/mo each for their apartment. New York is just a little different, I suppose. Anyway, since I can post large photos here that I can't on WNY, here's the whole panorama of LIC...

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
Everywhere all at once

LIC is the new BPC. Love it

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 12:00 PM

I went jogging the other day through Hunters Point and Gantry Park. This area is developing into an exciting, urban neighborhood.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 12:36 AM

As of June 02.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 12:37 AM

i hope the concrete isnt staying.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 12:47 AM

Actually this is what they are going to look like when they are completed. Credit goes to the East Coast LIC Towers main website. http://www.eastcoastlic.com/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive