HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

611 Main in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 11:52 PM

Real Estate Gold Rush Along West Broadway

Not surprising, I'll be sad when the IHOP goes.
I hope the city actually does some beautification planning for Broadway and not leave it to happen on a piecemeal basis. The least attractive major street running through the city.

The building at 950 West Broadway in Vancouver is unremarkable, a two-storey concrete structure that is home to an IHOP, a Japanese restaurant and an insurance broker, among other things.

But it sold last May for a phenomenal $46-million, according to B.C. Assessment Authority records, even though it had been assessed at just $18-million. It was the latest record-breaking sale in what has been a year of high-water marks for commercial properties along Broadway...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle31494096/

Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Not surprising, I'll be sad when the IHOP goes.
I hope the city actually does some beautification planning for Broadway and not leave it to happen on a piecemeal basis. The least attractive major street running through the city.
I agree with needed a proper community plan for Broadway, but... IHOP? Seriously, it's the same bed & breakfast food as every Denny's or Best Western in existence.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 1:40 AM

There's nothing wrong with either IHOP and Denny's. The first one has tasty pancakes and the latter offer good breakfast. Denny's especially has spent quite a lot of money in renovating their restaurants around BC and the new looks is very refreshing, actually.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 2:12 AM
retro_orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
There's nothing wrong with either IHOP and Denny's. The first one has tasty pancakes and the latter offer good breakfast. Denny's especially has spent quite a lot of money in renovating their restaurants around BC and the new looks is very refreshing, actually.
The French Toast at iHOP is the best, the rest of the food is hit or miss. I find Denny's is generally disappointing and quite greasy IMO.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 5:57 PM

both beat coras.

broadway could use some densification.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 8:54 PM

I hate coras.

Dennys is good, Ihop has good pancakes. Both are good cheap food, something we don't have much of anymore in Vancouver.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver