HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Proposal for Lloyd District venue draws questions

The Portland Design Commission got its first look on Thursday at plans for a two-story events center proposed for the Lloyd Center site.

The 67,000-square-foot venue would host concerts and other live events. It’s part of a long-term plan to remake the Lloyd Center and the surrounding district.

Owner and developer Urban Renaissance Group, based in Seattle, decided to move ahead with the land-use case for the building even as a Central City master plan for the Lloyd District is following closely behind.

URG proposes to demolish the existing former Nordstrom store structure and tear down a sky-bridge to build the events center. The building’s east end would abut the mall.

At Thursday’s design advice hearing, commissioners said the project could produce an “iconic” building in the central city but raised several questions.

“This is a project that the city absolutely needs,” Commissioner Sam Rodriguez said. “We need things that will bring people downtown, and things like this will absolutely help.”
...continues at the DJC ($).

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 6:41 PM
A before E

I don't know what I think about that rendering....I don't hate it, but I don't like it either...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland