HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

505 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 6:29 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Word on the street is that Tony G. is talking to a California headquartered company at this time. They want to streamline and be in a more business and tax friendly environment, which Nashville most certainly is. I hope is a tech company, that'd be sweet.
It would be a huge move forward if Tony G. could get a commitment from a major company to relocate to Nashville for this tower. Not only would he have a tenant for this badass tower, but he would also help out the local economy. Two birds with one stone.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 7:23 PM

I was going to ask if Tony had gotten little nibbles, here and there, of a sort that had him thinking that a project of this scope was worth hiring a starchitect to design.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 2:22 AM

Okay, something on the video I forgot to mention: when Tony was asked if 505 CST would be a new tallest, he quickly said, "Yes." He then proceeded to explain how AT&T was tallest from sidewalk to spire ... then it appeared as though the video was spliced ... and he was off on another subject. Kind of weird.

Is it possible that he was about to say "tallest to the roof" ? That might explain why he launched into the convoluted explanation about how AT&T achieved its height.

In any case, even if 505 CST was, say, under 600' to roof, it would still appear as the dominant tower on the skyline.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:06 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Okay, something on the video I forgot to mention: when Tony was asked if 505 CST would be a new tallest, he quickly said, "Yes." He then proceeded to explain how AT&T was tallest from sidewalk to spire ... then it appeared as though the video was spliced ... and he was off on another subject. Kind of weird.

Is it possible that he was about to say "tallest to the roof" ? That might explain why he launched into the convoluted explanation about how AT&T achieved its height.

In any case, even if 505 CST was, say, under 600' to roof, it would still appear as the dominant tower on the skyline.
That's what I'm thinking. The elevation of downtown changes a lot. 505 Church Street's elevation is 505 ft. the AT&T Tower's is 450 (according to Google Earth). Technically AT&T would be the tallest, but 505 would look to be the tallest.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
That's what I'm thinking. The elevation of downtown changes a lot. 505 Church Street's elevation is 505 ft. the AT&T Tower's is 450 (according to Google Earth). Technically AT&T would be the tallest, but 505 would look to be the tallest.
Wait, so we already know it's 505' to the roof ? I thought 505 was a reference to the address.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:18 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Wait, so we already know it's 505' to the roof ? I thought 505 was a reference to the address.
No! The elevation above sea level is 505 ft. (according to Google Earth), and it happens to be the address also. No idea on the official height.

Sorry for not being clear on that.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:34 AM

Quote:
No! The elevation above sea level is 505 ft. (according to Google Earth), and it happens to be the address also. No idea on the official height.

Sorry for not being clear on that.
Gotcha.

At present, to me, that 70-ish tower, near the capital, looks like the dominant tower on the skyline. Is the elevation higher there ?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Gotcha.

At present, to me, that 70-ish tower, near the capital, looks like the dominant tower on the skyline. Is the elevation higher there ?
it is a bit because it sits at the foot of the bluff that rises into Capitol Hill. That and I think the design makes it look taller as well.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 5:09 PM

Official height I've found in the downloadable PDF file: 38 stories and 605ft, I need the mods to change the thread title to reflect these findings.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 6:59 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Official height I've found in the downloadable PDF file: 38 stories and 605ft, I need the mods to change the thread title to reflect these findings.
Can you post that link to the PDF file?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 5:26 AM

The naysayers are out in force on UP.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 5:51 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
The naysayers are out in force on UP.
You ain't lyin about that.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 7:01 AM
Future God

They really have no particular reason to be though. They're just being pessimistic based on Nashville's past lack of success building proposed new office towers, which is pretty irrelevant if you ask me.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Can you post that link to the PDF file?
You have to submit your name and email address in order to be granted access to download the PDF file, there is no direct internet link. Go to Giarratana's website and click on 505CST and on the left side you'll see a small link to submit the above info.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:24 PM

Project is up for bid with estimated start date November 2012.

I don't understand why some people are so negative without really backing it up with reason other than it is Tony G and the site of his failed Signature Tower.

Here is the snipit from the tower's information file discussing official height:

"Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture was retained by Nashville-based developers, Tony Giarratana and Ted
Kromer to perform master planning and conceptual architectural design services for a building that would be one of
the most energy-efficient and sustainable buildings in the world. The mix of uses in the 38-story, 605 foot tall towerincludes office, a luxury hotel, a world-class conference center and below-grade parking."

Last edited by futuresooner; Nov 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:59 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Project is up for bid with estimated start date November 2012.

I don't understand why some people are so negative without really backing it up with reason other than it is Tony G and the site of his failed Signature Tower.

Here is the snipit from the tower's information file discussing official height:

"Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture was retained by Nashville-based developers, Tony Giarratana and Ted
Kromer to perform master planning and conceptual architectural design services for a building that would be one of
the most energy-efficient and sustainable buildings in the world. The mix of uses in the 38-story, 605 foot tall towerincludes office, a luxury hotel, a world-class conference center and below-grade parking."
I think we are thinking about the same group of folks somewhere else on the internet, but they keep tending to omit the fact that there wasn't the MCC and other growth and development back in 2006 when Signature Tower was proposed. They all wanna be the guy that can say "I told ya so".

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 7:19 PM

Exactly, and companies wanting to relocate to Nashville have stated for a fact that continuous, large floor plates and amounts of office space in excellent buildings is lacking. I feel that companies are wanting to negotiate the best possible deal and get the most bang for their buck at the same time upfront and in the long haul.

The naysayers are really getting old if they can't back it up with logical statements and/or facts. Nashville has more momentum than it likely ever has and is becoming a beacon of growth in the recession, much like our sister city of Austin.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 7:00 PM
Meh

Much nicer tower than Signature Tower, and it fits Nashville better.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 2:54 AM

love this building, hope this and SoBro gets built, i love the look of both, would be huge addition to nashville!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 3:14 PM

It may or may not be intentional on the part of the architect, but to me the building's sensuous curves resemble the curve of the side of a guitar. Quite appropriate for Nashville.

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Nov 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive