HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 28, 2011, 11:30 PM

June 28, 2011
20the floor of seven world trade

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 AM
New Yorker for life

^ That's a sweet shot, expecially knowing what will come there.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 2:05 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Since the design was changed, and therefore there's pretty much no value in older versions, here's the 4:1 of my 3WTC diagram. I might (MIGHT) do a model of the new design in the next few weeks. MIGHT.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 6:14 AM

It's okay STR. If you don't ever make a model for the new 3WTC, I'm pretty sure we'd understand. And I think we all understand it was a pain in the ass making the first one, but if it makes you feel any better, this version will be simpler than the other? XD

And I like the 4:1 version of the diagram. I never noticed the video screen you had put at the bottom. You really do pay attention to every single detail.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 4:54 PM
Build Baby Build

I am a bit confused still as to why they removed the video screens. These screens aren't very expensive compared to the project as a whole, I'd be surprised if they required even as much as $50,000 for that wall. I can only guess that the new render was a simplification on the part of the rendering artist, and the final decision will only be decided after the entire structure is complete and nearing completion, roughly 3 years from now. (when video screens will be even cheaper and better still)

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 5:59 PM
Dandy Lion

Yeah STR your attention to detail is really admirable. Bravo!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 8:40 PM
Grand is Golden!

My old model:

Old Posted Jul 1, 2011, 4:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
I can only guess that the new render was a simplification on the part of the rendering artist, and the final decision will only be decided after the entire structure is complete and nearing completion, roughly 3 years from now. (when video screens will be even cheaper and better still)
Perhaps. But in the meantime, here's another look at the new renderings from wtc.com resized...

http://www.wtc.com/media/images/s/ar...d-trade-center

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patapsco View Post
June 28, 2011
20the floor of seven world trade

Great stuff, Patapsco. You keep coming up with the goods from One Liberty Plaza, and then going over to WTC7 as well - that's really going beyond the call of duty, what can we say but more, please?

About T3, I still say this is the neatest-looking WTC site, but the "anal-retentive foreman" really has his work cut out for him now, what with the complexity of the formwork and connecting the levels to the other buildings.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 7:34 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoston View Post
Yeah STR your attention to detail is really admirable. Bravo!
Thanks. I've started work on the new version, which is by necessity almost a complete rebuild (they changed just about all of the details on the building), but I'm taking my time. So stay tuned to the usual threads in about a week or two.

However, among the details removed are a couple of mechanical floors. They don't appear to have been replaced. It's still preliminary here, but we may be looking at a total height (including spires) of 1,170 feet. Based on the Team Macarie renders done for RRS:

Base is ~201 feet.
Then there's 3 mech. floors at 27' each.
Then 53 office floors at 13'6" a pop.
Two more mech floors at 27'
Finally the fins, which appear to be three rows of 13'6" glass and steel panels.
201+(27*3)+(53*13.5)+(2*27)+(3*13.5)=1092 feet.

The version in the Silverstein/dBox renders shows a slightly different floor layout, which comes out to ~1,132 feet to the fins, close enough to the old figures that I wouldn't be concerned. However, I'm not sure if they're going off of a different version of the building, or if they did a more basic tweak to their previous model. Yet, the preliminary numbers have an interesting conclusion and I'm unsure how to bridge that big of a gap in the numbers to bring a total height back to the 1,240 foot range.

So...maybe there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, it might be nothing. Discuss.

Last edited by STR; Jul 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I wouldn't stress too much over it. I'm not too certain any of the numbers we have now are exactly what they will be when all is said and done. And the towers are under construction now, with a more than good chance they will get done.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 4:10 PM

if the video screen has been removed, what's the big white glowing panel in the lobby?
Quote:

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 5:57 PM

Probably the same as the huge glowing panel at 7WTC, which turns the base blue, at night.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 8:52 PM
don't *meddle*...

http://www.lowermanhattan.info/const...wer_91861.aspx

Quote:
*The following information was last updated on July 1, 2011.

Steel superstructure work began in April 2011; crane on site
Concrete pours
Utilities installation

Old Posted Jul 3, 2011, 1:02 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Messing around...

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 1:32 PM
New Yorker for life

NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...jNEXUtqeogJ9BP

Cracked crane at WTC site

By LOIS WEISS
July 6, 2011

Quote:

A newly erected crane at Tower 3 was undergoing testing when its operating engineer discovered a crack, sources tell The Post.

The crane is the second on the project and was not yet due to be operational, sources noted. Work is still underway under ground level.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 2:30 PM

Better they catch it now than have stuff fall on someone later....

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 4:34 PM
BANNED

So let me get this straight;

When the new WTC is topped out, most likely half of this building with be done?

All of the pics that show the WTC being completed don't show this building even completed yet..

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 6:23 PM

This building is part of the new WTC. It'll be at or near street level by the time 1WTC tops out.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 9:03 PM

A lot of people and company's just like to portray the WTC site with just WTC1.(Freedom tower) They like to focus around the behemoth and some people, if not most don't even know that there are other giants in the background. This tower should be around street level if not a little more when WTC1 is topped out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive