Rogers 14 30.43%
Bell 7 15.22%
Telus 5 10.87%
They all suck the orange anus. 20 43.48%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
I actually like Telus. Been with them for 10 years now for cell service.
I've been with Telus/Koodo for cell for about the same amount of time and can't say I have any major complaints either.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 3:37 PM

How 5G will change your life

When will 5G become a reality?

International bodies are finalizing performance and technical standards, and governments worldwide are consulting on the use of new spectrum frequencies.

Major 5G trials are taking place at the Winter Olympics in South Korea, where cameras attached to bobsleds are streaming live video from the point of view of the pilots. The technology is due to be rolled out by the country's wireless carriers next year.

In Canada, carriers are running tests and investing in new radio equipment and cell sites, but won’t begin deploying true 5G mobile technology until about 2020.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I wouldn't worry about cable, there are lots of ways to get TV, I haven't had cable, well almost never, and I'm on the wrong side of middle age.

There's OTA for those in bigger cities, there's using a friend's or relative's user/pass for online TV (barter), there's Kodi (using legal addons), there's tons of content on YouTube, there's pay services like Netflix, it all depends on how you choose to consume your content. Combine the above methods and have it all or damn near all.

If you're old school and come home and surf with the remote until you find something then paying for that privilege is part of the deal.

If you're like me, you think of something you might like to watch and go find it. That's half the fun, building the knowledge to know where to find things. And the great thing is, even if there was a total crackdown on any dodgy ways to get content ie downloading, there's still tons of legal ways to access content at your disposal.
I know I could be considered old school in this regard (I am in my early 30’s) but I like being able to switch between channels and decide what I could watch. I have Netflix for movies and series though.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 8:59 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg_flamip View Post
I've been with Telus/Koodo for cell for about the same amount of time and can't say I have any major complaints either.
That makes 3 of us. I've found Koodo to be transparent on their pricing and quite easy to deal with.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I know I could be considered old school in this regard (I am in my early 30’s) but I like being able to switch between channels and decide what I could watch. I have Netflix for movies and series though.
I'd be curious to know which you find yourself watching more, cable or Netflix?

It's funny because I'm older, but I have access to cable over fiber and don't watch it (conventional TV) at all.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 10:17 PM

I would say I watch cable more, but often times I put it in the background and end up doing something else (especially true when I watch sports) whereas when I am on Netflix I actually watch.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada