HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 17, 2014, 3:41 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Agreed.

If you're a cheapskate, like me, nothing beats McDonald's for value. (Most other chains also have deals like that... Taco Bell, for example. But I find it even crappier food.)

McD's has several $1 burgers in the Value Menu. Small fries is also $1 in most states. I am pretty sure that in Quebec there's at least a couple burgers for something like $1.39... last I checked (I don't eat there if I can help it).

For $3 you can definitely have a "meal" over there. No independent restaurant (unless in the third world) can match that.

Of course I wouldn't recommend it too often, but when I'm on the road, that diet (one $1 McDouble) mixes well with the carrots, apples, bananas, peaches, Nature Valley bars, and all kinds of nuts that I'll get at supermarkets. (Fueling up at "Murphy"/Walmart when they're on the side of the interstate = trip inside to the produce aisle.)

At home obviously I won't go for that kind of crap food, but for price, it sure can't be beat.
There are many fantastic holes in the walls in Toronto that offer food for a lot less than $10 a plate. They can still be had in the downtown area although much fewer than 10 years ago. Just the other day I had a made to order $3 burger that may not be among my favourites but certainly put the $5 Big Mac to shame.

A food court will charge $10 a plate eventhough they deal in high volume. A counter in the office core of Toronto will run you $25000 a month in rent alone.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada