HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Heavy equipment onsite this AM
They knocked off at 5:00 this afternoon, having removed most of the rubble from the previous building.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 10:10 PM

Meanwhile over at the Centennial Building, they were still working around 6PM. Looks like they have 3 floors left to tear down, so it should speed up soon.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 10:28 PM

Land being cleared across from the cannabis store off of Han well.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 11:24 PM

Kitchen Fashions is building a new store front and show room on Hedley across the street from the New Cannabis NB Location. They have been engineering the lot for over a month now. Construction to start in Fall from what I am being told

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 12:15 AM

Oh yeah, another thing I noticed yesterday, was that BG Mechanical is opening another office, in the old Jessie's Pizza location in the Corbett Centre. They'll be open in October. (Looks like one of the windows is broken and being held in place by the pizza decal so it's the only sign left of Jessie's )

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 11:07 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Oh yeah, another thing I noticed yesterday, was that BG Mechanical is opening another office, in the old Jessie's Pizza location in the Corbett Centre. They'll be open in October. (Looks like one of the windows is broken and being held in place by the pizza decal so it's the only sign left of Jessie's )
Oh yeah, Terry great place to get a heat pump they installed one for me a year ago. Great service and it works great, I am glad to see them doing so well.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 7:31 PM

For any other fellow Apple fanboy/girl, I just noticed the new iOS update in Apple maps now has Fredericton Transit directions with route colours, directions, timetables and approximate arrival times.

Google maps, however, is still using old route data before the last major overhaul of the system in 2014.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post
For any other fellow Apple fanboy/girl, I just noticed the new iOS update in Apple maps now has Fredericton Transit directions with route colours, directions, timetables and approximate arrival times.

Google maps, however, is still using old route data before the last major overhaul of the system in 2014.
Google maps would be great... if it were up to date. Even Readypass has the wrong routes.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 2:36 PM

I peeked at ReadyPass and it seems to be up to date; but I haven't been up to date on Transit issues as much as I used to.

I emailed Fredericton about GoogleMaps and got the following:

Quote:
This issue is currently being worked on, and it should be completely fixed/updated in about two weeks.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 3:01 PM

Looks like work is continuing on the mixed use building on Main St. Thought there was no activity there for the last few weeks, but noticed on the weekend, forms are being installed for the footings.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 3:06 PM

Not surprisingly, I'm hearing that IBM is the anchor tenant for the new cybersecurity building.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Looks like work is continuing on the mixed use building on Main St. Thought there was no activity there for the last few weeks, but noticed on the weekend, forms are being installed for the footings.
Work continues on that site today so looks like they have strung a few days together

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 3:12 PM
Any where but Fredericton

I took my car into Hyundai and notice the Ultramar that was next door is now changing over to an Irving. Also the Cannabis store looks like its ready to go from the outside

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
I took my car into Hyundai and notice the Ultramar that was next door is now changing over to an Irving. Also the Cannabis store looks like its ready to go from the outside
Yeah that happened a little while ago. The one on Union switched over as well.

http://huddle.today/irving-oil-buys-...lantic-canada/

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 3:25 PM

The one on Main isn't changing as far as I can tell; but I might be wrong. There's an Irving a block away so I don't know what they'll do there.

Then again the one on Hanwell has an Irving around the corner on Bishop, but they might be on different traffic flows to make it work.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 5:40 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
The one on Main isn't changing as far as I can tell; but I might be wrong. There's an Irving a block away so I don't know what they'll do there.

Then again the one on Hanwell has an Irving around the corner on Bishop, but they might be on different traffic flows to make it work.
Also the Irving out the hanwell the one with a Burger king isn't too far down the road either

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Also the Irving out the hanwell the one with a Burger king isn't too far down the road either
True but it is surprisingly far away when you actually go out that way, so I doubt it affects the other Hanwell locations much.

Hanwell and Bishop locations are almost literally a stones throw away from the other and will surely affect eachother. They are both almost brand new locations too; Hanwell just opened a year or so ago.

The 2 Main street locations are also practically a block-block and a half apart as well. But that Ultramar location is older; I could see it being shut down once the dust settles.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Im still hoping for 7 floors but it looks like it will be as originally planned.
Looks like it might actually be 7, new sign up at the site clearly showing 7 floors.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Looks like it might actually be 7, new sign up at the site clearly showing 7 floors.
Yes...the sign definitely shows 7 storey's

Last edited by Freddypop; Sep 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 7:08 PM

The web site shows a rendering with seven storeys but says five so who knows.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces