HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Oct 6, 2010, 6:15 AM
Here we stAy

It was true 3 years ago, and it's true today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
Because Sacramento borders Arden Arcade to the east, north and south, annexing the 13.3-square-mile area east of the Arden Fair mall would create a "more seamless efficient government," Cohn said...

...Steve Eggert, a recent addition to the Arden Arcade community council, says small governments can result in parochial decision-making that doesn't take the wider community into account...

"I'm against Balkanization. I strongly favor annexation," Eggert said...

...Dickinson said, he finds annexation would be less onerous than incorporation...

..."If we keep chopping up the county into more and more jurisdictions, it will have an adverse effect on the ability of the county and the region as a whole to come to agreement on issues."...

...she said she's "growing increasingly concerned about the number of new cities."...

..."We are going to have to learn to be more regional, from water to solid waste," Hammond said...

...As for Arden Arcade, Hammond said annexation might make sense...

The more the county is fractured, the worse local government cooperation becomes (the biggest issue, IMO). It's already become apparent with the relationship Sacramento and Elk Grove have. It's really funny too that most of the population in this area doesn't even know they're not in the city limits of Sacramento. Hell, most people who live there consider themselves Sacramentans.

And sorry, a place built as a neighborhood is not a city. Property tax does not pay the bills at the local government level in California. If they want the level of services a city can provide, join Sacramento, cause "Arden-Arcade" will do about as well as the county has.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2010, 2:50 AM
Here we stAy

Oh yeah, and not to mention the higher taxes these residents of the new 'city' would have to pay if incorporation passes. The county will require the new city to pay $219,000,000 to make up for lost revenues starting in FY 2012-2013 (http://www.smartvoter.org/2010/11/02/ca/sac/meas/). The money's gotta come from somewhere......

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 3:53 AM
Resu Deretsiger

the city of arden arcade is going down in flames like...bad

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:23 AM
Here we stAy

Looks like there is some sanity left in the voting populace.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport View Post
It was true 3 years ago, and it's true today.

The more the county is fractured, the worse local government cooperation becomes (the biggest issue, IMO). It's already become apparent with the relationship Sacramento and Elk Grove have. It's really funny too that most of the population in this area doesn't even know they're not in the city limits of Sacramento. Hell, most people who live there consider themselves Sacramentans.

And sorry, a place built as a neighborhood is not a city. Property tax does not pay the bills at the local government level in California. If they want the level of services a city can provide, join Sacramento, cause "Arden-Arcade" will do about as well as the county has.
really look at citrus heights and their police dept.........arden arcade is bigger than citrus heights and is patrolled by what 3 police cars per shift??? i know citrus heights def has more..........

I grew up in the twin cities of mpls and st paul......there are maybe 30+ incorporated suburbs.......they have a cog type group called the metro council for regional issues.......sacramento has what 7??? and a ton of "county" land......

on thge issue of not knowing they arent in the city........street signs def say county and are white while sac city is green........county resident do not vote for mayor or council only county commisioner......hell i lived in arden for 10 yrs and i sure knew i didnt live in the city and i couldnt vote for fargo or johnson or cohn or anyone

Last edited by Web; Nov 4, 2010 at 4:48 AM. Reason: forgot a line

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area