HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Shanghai Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Shanghai Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 6:12 AM
Transport Planner

Oh, trust me, that is definitely an old rendering. Every poster/construction site I've seen around the city since I've been here has been touting the cylindrical design. If they had a change of heart, I think it would be reflected there.

*Also, turns out this site (the forum area in particular) is blocked in China No wonder I always had trouble finding Chinese posters...

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 8:09 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Strange. I've never had problems accessing it, and I'm on daily.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 12:38 PM
Transport Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Strange. I've never had problems accessing it, and I'm on daily.
Hmmm...that IS strange. I have to use a vpn/proxy to even access it, so I naturally assumed it was being blocked.

Lucky you

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 12:47 PM

ive always wondered why we dont have more Chinese people on SSP, especially since China is being flooded with tons of skyscrapers. Now i know,thanks for clearing that up
phoenixboi08.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 12:54 PM

When I was in China in the summer it wasn't blocked at all.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 1:33 PM

SkyscrapesOfNewYork, SSP ISN'T blocked in China. I've lived here for 5 years, and not once has it been blocked. I'm not sure why phoenixboi had problems accessing it.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
SkyscrapesOfNewYork, SSP ISN'T blocked in China. I've lived here for 5 years, and not once has it been blocked. I'm not sure why phoenixboi had problems accessing it.
I concur, I've been in China since '06 and no problems getting on or posting to SSP. The only problem I have noticed is that certain photo uploaders are blocked, so a lot of the images (like STR's renderings) are invisible, unless you access it through a proxy. The firewall is different in different places, though, so phoenixboi might just be living in an "unlucky" area.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
ive always wondered why we dont have more Chinese people on SSP, especially since China is being flooded with tons of skyscrapers. Now i know,thanks for clearing that up
phoenixboi08.
that's not the real reason 。i’m in shanghai .This site is not blockd by GFW(great fire wall )。
i found this place through a little link in google map,this link is connect to a document in wikipedia ,the reference of the document is belong to this site...
few chinese know this site 。because most of them have poor english(me too),it‘s hard to find for an ordinary chinese 。and there is no area was discuss in chinese language at this forum。

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 10:55 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Simply amazing........

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 2:55 AM
JACKinBeantown

This question was probably asked and answered a long time ago, but I'm not looking through over a thousand posts to find it... please forgive me.

Obviously there are sky lobbies on every 10 floors or so, but are the majority of the windows on the other sides actually looking directly outside the building (i.e. - not through the sky lobby to see the outside)?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 9:32 AM
Transport Planner

Now I understand why...the page that I kept seeing made me believe that it was blocked; however, I now realize that there are some DNS problems because of various reasons. So, at times it can appear that a site is "blocked" even when it is not.
I apologize

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 5:17 PM

The design is very striking, it almost looks like a tornado the way it leans and twists.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2011, 12:08 PM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Hmmm...that IS strange. I have to use a vpn/proxy to even access it, so I naturally assumed it was being blocked.

Lucky you
It's not blocked but that depends on who your service provider is in China .
The Great Firewall doesn't block it , that much is certain . If anything , it's either a secondary firewall (like at your company) or , as is so common in China , a local service provider like a company district . For those that don't know it , the simple explanation of a company district is literally a city district that is based around one particular industry . Since said companies tend to be owned in whole or in part by the government , they basically run like another level of local government . When you live in an area like that , while you can get other service providers , usually you'll just get what the company provides .

That's one explanation anyway but the main point is that this site isn't blocked by the feds in China . Try it again ... you may actually get a different result .

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 6:56 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

It's been awhile since we've seen construction updates of this one. My own Google Image searches failed to bring up anything recent. Anyone find anything?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:07 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Scratch that. From Flickr, sometime in April.

Photo credit: architectural-design

"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 4:41 AM

This monster is barely out of the ground, and it's ALREADY almost as tall as that 15-20 story midrise in the in the upper left portion of the pic.

U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E...

Great find Colemonkee.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 7:33 AM

poor Jin Mao- her skirts are showing!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 9:57 AM

A weak update, but this was taken a few days ago. You can see two cranes and a third of the core in the shadow of the SWFC

I never seem to have my camera with me when in Lujiazui, but I'm going to make a concious effort to bring it next time I go.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:00 PM

MY GOODNESS ^^^
Shanghai world financial centre is HUGE! there's NO way this tower is gonna overtower it! so hard imagining the scale of this thing!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 5:35 PM
Back to Basics

Hey Steveve, maybe this will help you visualize it:

(Orginally posted by 10025 over at SSC found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...91698&page=354 )

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive