HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 PM
Seattle

An article about the upcoming Amazon development

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._amazon22.html

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 12:48 AM

Apartment towers of 23 and 25 stories slated for First Hill

Two apartment towers have been proposed on Seattle's First Hill by a Swedish pension fund that bought the properties after earlier would-be developers went bust.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._alecta24.html

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =MATEO= View Post
An article about the upcoming Amazon development

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._amazon22.html

Good article.......interesting design details. Amazon has a chance to make this an iconic complex in DT. I hope they design it well.

Thanks for posting.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Love this.
Yes, its a nice complex......I like the scale and the layout.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 9:36 PM

I still think a new condo project will be announced this year for DT Seattle.

New Rules for Buying a Seattle Condo

If you’re been looking to purchase a condo in the Seattle region, it almost seems as though the market changed overnight. Ever since the condo market crashed several years ago, and with an abundant supply of condo properties, buyers had been keenly aware that Seattle represented a strong buyer’s market. However, since the start of the year that has now changed.
Seattle is exhibiting seller market characteristics as the supply of available condo properties for sale constrict. Compared to last March, there are 40% fewer properties on the market today and since the peak in 2008, inventory is down 60%.

Demand has risen as homebuyers and investors take advantage of lower condo prices and mortgage interest rates. As a result, buyers are encountering more multiple offer situations and, yes, we’re even beginning to see bidding wars again.

How can buyers best position themselves to have their offer accepted at the best possible price?

Here are “new rules” for buying a Seattle condo in a seller’s market:
•Get your finances in order before venturing out. Work with a condo mortgage lender to get pre-approved, or if you’re a cash buyer, have your proof of funds on hand. You will benefit by knowing how much you can afford and you’ll be in a stronger position when making an offer. Buyer financing is the number one reason why transactions fall apart so sellers give greater weight to cash and pre-approved buyers.
•Know your limit. If you happen to encounter a multiple offer situation, know how high you’re willing to go. This will allow you to present your highest and best offer while keeping you from straying beyond your budget. The last thing you want is being caught up in a bidding situation and paying more than you should.
•Research in advance.Determine the neighborhoods and buildings that best suit your needs and lifestyle – amenities, transportation and commute options, crime rate, market sales activity, price trends and so on. By defining the areas you’d like to live in, you’ll be able to move more readily giving you an edge over the competition when properties become available in your favorite neighborhoods. You will know a good value and the perfect property when you see it.
•Be prepared to act quickly. When a condo that ticks off all the boxes comes on the market, be prepared to act quickly. Condos that are well priced for the market, in good condition and located in desirable neighborhoods are selling faster. Recently, in the hour it took me between setting up a showing with a buyer and arriving at the property the unit went pending. It was on the market less than 24 hours.
•Strengthen your offer position. In a multiple offer situation, consider minimizing contingencies and strengthening the other elements of your offer. This may include a larger down payment or earnest money deposit amount, pre-inspecting the property or being flexible with the contract terms such as the closing date or escrow preference.

Heading into spring, we are moving towards the high season for home purchases. The low cost to finance, better values and warmer weather offer a compelling opportunity for buyers to enter the market, and as they do they are experiencing dwindling inventory supply and greater competition from other buyers. To get the edge buyers need to be aware of the news rules in Seattle’s evolving condo market.

Are you ready to get your condo feet wet? Contact the SeattleCondosAndLofts.com team at Keller Williams Greater Seattle to get started.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlecon...seattle-condo/

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 12:26 AM
Never Dell

Like the one announced on the last page? First of two 40-story towers?

Self-financing is a huge advantage. The presale model won't work for a long time, because nobody will trust it (buyers, developers, lenders) and because then the price per unit would be locked in at a very low number equal to today's pricing. Without needing to pre-sell, they can get 2014 prices, which should be much higher (according to my guess and also that particular developer presumably).

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Like the one announced on the last page? First of two 40-story towers?

Self-financing is a huge advantage. The presale model won't work for a long time, because nobody will trust it (buyers, developers, lenders) and because then the price per unit would be locked in at a very low number equal to today's pricing. Without needing to pre-sell, they can get 2014 prices, which should be much higher (according to my guess and also that particular developer presumably).
Oops! Missed them. I so like being right.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 6:13 PM

Apartment vacancies hit five-year low

But new construction will soon turn the trend

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/realestate/...#ixzz1qLHCVZz4

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:46 PM

^3%!? What a stunning turnaround for the market. I am staying put in my unbelievably affordable house I rent with a friend. I could easily take care of the household expenses by myself, but unless I buy this property from my landlord, my next move will be to purchase a small condo or cottage house in the central core, which is my current location. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the city.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Box View Post
^3%!? What a stunning turnaround for the market. I am staying put in my unbelievably affordable house I rent with a friend. I could easily take care of the household expenses by myself, but unless I buy this property from my landlord, my next move will be to purchase a small condo or cottage house in the central core, which is my current location. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the city.
I expect 2012 to be the year of the housing recovery. This would be a good time to start looking for that condo.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 12:18 AM

Alto Apts (03/26):

Coppins Well (1200 Madison) (03/18):

Colman Tower (03/17):

Via6 (6th & Blanchard) (03/12):

Stadium Place (North Lot) (03/17):

The Martin (03/12):

Viktoria Apts (1915 Second Ave) (first 3 from 03/08, last 2 from 03/12):

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:31 AM

Downtown Seattle could be in line for 1st elementary school in years

After months of discussions with city planners and downtown developers, Seattle school officials have included $32 million to open a public elementary school in South Lake Union in the district's first draft project list for its next construction levy. The school wouldn't open until 2019.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...school09m.html

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:32 AM

Great shots, Vashon. What do you think of the Alto's design?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:27 AM

Seattle's office towers getting fuller, brokers report

Downtown vacancy rate tightens, especially in more prestigious buildings.http://<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /..._office11.html

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:27 AM

[QUOTE=alki;5661983]Seattle's office towers getting fuller, brokers report

Downtown vacancy rate tightens, especially in more prestigious buildings.[url]

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017951526_office11.html

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:28 AM

[QUOTE=alki;5661985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alki View Post
Seattle's office towers getting fuller, brokers report

Downtown vacancy rate tightens, especially in more prestigious buildings.[url]

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017951526_office11.html

Here is the link for the above post:

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 3:21 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Alto is so gross. At least 1200 Mad has the decency to be forgettable, but Alto's jumble is a true downer.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Alto is so gross. At least 1200 Mad has the decency to be forgettable, but Alto's jumble is a true downer.
I have to agree with you......although I think he Alto will age fairly well. Have to say, though, I am not sure why I think that way. I think via6 will prove to be disappointing as well. They look pretty squat in the renderings. Maybe Stadium Place will prove to be the winner.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 1:14 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

via6 looks like decent infill. I wanna see more curves ob our skyline though. I hope the colors look good though.

Colman is looking nice. Not great, or up to the level of the previous design. But it's above decent.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2012, 6:52 PM
Endless Moments...

Great pics. Love all the stuff going up...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations