HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 10:03 PM

Yes, unfortunately that's the crap I have to look at in my email every morning. Nothing jaw dropping, that's for sure. I can do a simple copy and paste every day if that's what you guys would like.

If you see something that interests you, just let me know and I'll pull up all the info available.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 2:04 AM

Great news about the Circle Food Store! That could help so much in the surrounding neighborhood.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 3:12 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Cletus View Post
Yes, unfortunately that's the crap I have to look at in my email every morning. Nothing jaw dropping, that's for sure. I can do a simple copy and paste every day if that's what you guys would like.

If you see something that interests you, just let me know and I'll pull up all the info available.
I always focus on things in New Orleans or large projects in the Jefferson, St Charles, St John , ST Tammany, Tangipahoa, St Bernard and Plaquemines. Posting things like that could be neat and nothing drainage related.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 5:38 AM

Speaking of South Market...anyone heard rumblings of when they will begin to break ground on the project. On another note, the array of cranes in place for the hospital build is pretty impressive.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Speaking of South Market...anyone heard rumblings of when they will begin to break ground on the project. On another note, the array of cranes in place for the hospital build is pretty impressive.
I think someone recently asked on their facebook and they replied saying they would start construction in the end of 2012.

Anyone hear anything about 1031 Canal??

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 2:22 PM

LaSalle School, Jimmy Johns, Singha Song, etc

http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/06/l...ions-thursday/

I had no idea we could be getting a Jimmy John's on Maple!!!! THAT"S SWEET!!! Except 40 residents have signed a "no fast food on maple" petition...Well they have a PJs and a Starbucks which I consider in the same "high end fast food/service/coffee" as a Jimmy Johns so I hope we get a JJs.

Then LaSalle school could be approved...or residents could continue their NIMBY-ism...

And lastly I continue to rant and rave about the political chicanery of our two council members who have so graciously held up approvals by their planned boycott of council meetings...

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:26 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/06/l...ions-thursday/

I had no idea we could be getting a Jimmy John's on Maple!!!! THAT"S SWEET!!! Except 40 residents have signed a "no fast food on maple" petition...Well they have a PJs and a Starbucks which I consider in the same "high end fast food/service/coffee" as a Jimmy Johns so I hope we get a JJs.

Then LaSalle school could be approved...or residents could continue their NIMBY-ism...

And lastly I continue to rant and rave about the political chicanery of our two council members who have so graciously held up approvals by their planned boycott of council meetings...
I have no problem with a Jimmy Johns on Maple. If the residents dont want a Jimmy Johns than dont eat there and it will close. Otherwise it seems to me that its wanted! As a city gentrifies chains will start to try and work their way in. Personally I have loyalty to brands or local establishments that were here when it was tougher, but to each his own. As long as proper code and signage is followed I dont really have a problem. Plus , doesnt Drew Brees own the local franchise rights for Jimmy Johns?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:33 PM

JJs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I have no problem with a Jimmy Johns on Maple. If the residents dont want a Jimmy Johns than dont eat there and it will close. Otherwise it seems to me that its wanted! As a city gentrifies chains will start to try and work their way in. Personally I have loyalty to brands or local establishments that were here when it was tougher, but to each his own. As long as proper code and signage is followed I dont really have a problem. Plus , doesnt Drew Brees own the local franchise rights for Jimmy Johns?
Yes he's at least a partial investor in the local rights. Also, Jimmy John's don't look like McDonald's...much classier. More along the lines of waht is already on Maple like Starbucks, Fresco, PJs, etc. It would fit right in

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 5:51 PM

City Park Update

While design work continues on a new championship golf course at City Park, a low bidder has been named for two 18-hold miniature golf courses on the city’s largest green space

The mini-golf courses, which will be across from Storyland and adjacent to the Goldring/Woldenberg Great Lawn, won’t be what many people think of as Goofy Golf.

“They’re going to be themed accordingly, not like going to Myrtle Beach where there’s volcanoes erupting with gray smoke,” Hopper said. “One will be the Taste of New Orleans and the other will be the Taste of Louisiana. There will be lush vegetation and plants to show you’re playing on a course that invokes Louisiana, such as alligators and Creole cottages. There won’t be any mini Eiffel towers.”

A separate contract for a clubhouse, which Hopper said essentially will be a concession stand with two party rooms where golfers pay, came in over budget in late April, and there is no date yet to rebid that project.

Hopper also said there will be about $2 million in improvements to the amusement park area that will go out to bid before the end of the year. That work will include closing in and air conditioning the open-air shelter at the site, improved concession areas and installing asphalt bases at all rides that have gravel foundations.

Work on the festival grounds is also progressing and on schedule to be completed by the end of October. While the 50-acre that was part of the former South Golf Course behind Christian Brothers School will be completed before this year’s Voodoo Music Experience, Hopper said the festival won’t move there until 2013 because the grass will be not be ready.

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/th...-golf-courses/

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 6:03 PM

ID: 1972145
Project Name: Pace Shirley Landry Benson Center-PACE Adult Center Renovation
Project Address: New Orleans, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/12/12
Project Type:
Renovation Building Use:
Religious / Funeral
Clubhouse / Community Centers Value:
$250,000 Sector:
Private Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
Renovation of a community center in New Orleans. Completed working plans call for the interior renov...(see full description)

Project Contacts: Click here to view contact information for this project

ID: 1993651
Project Name: New Fischer Maintenance Building
Project Address: New Orleans, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/22/12
Project Type:
New Construction
Site Work Building Use:
Other Value:
$280,000 Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF NEW ORLEANS INVITATION FOR BIDS FOR NEW FISCHER MAINTENANCE BUILDING 1915 L.B....(see full description)

ID: 1791643
Project Name: Full Maintenance Services New Orleans
Project Address: New Orleans, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/15/12
Project Type:
Renovation Building Use:
Office Value:
$500,000 Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
The General Services Administration, Public Building Service, is issuing this Sources Sought Synopsi...(see full description)

ID: 1993659
Project Name: McMain Health Clinic Renovation at Eleanor McMain Secondary High School
Project Address: New Orleans, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/26/12
Project Type:
Renovation Building Use:
Educational
Medical Value:
Not Available Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS Sealed bids will be received for the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) by th...(see full description)

ID: 1993797
Project Name: Midway & Jefferson Highway Lift Station Forcemain Upgrades, JPP50-103665 - Jefferson Parish
Project Address: Jefferson, LA Est. Start Date: August 2012 Bid Date: 07/10/12
Project Type:
Renovation
Site Work Building Use:
Water / Sewer Estimated Value*:
$400,000 Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
MIDWAY & JEFFERSON HIGHWAY LIFT STATION FORCEMAIN UPGRADES BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M. O...(see full description)

ID: 1994329
Project Name: 015-10-12-31-1 Chamale Drive Catch Basin
Project Address: Slidell, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/22/12
Project Type:
Site Work Building Use:
Water / Sewer Estimated Value*:
Less than $25,000 Sector:
Public Status:
Sub-Bidding
Description:
Chamale Drive Catch Basin 015-10-12-31-1 Bid Due Date - 06/22/2012 2:00 pm CDT All bids ope...(see full description)

ID: 1994334
Project Name: 015-10-12-32-1 Meadows Blvd Panels
Project Address: Slidell, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/22/12
Project Type:
Site Work Building Use:
Roads / Highways Estimated Value*:
Less than $25,000 Sector:
Public Status:
Sub-Bidding
Description:
Meadows Blvd Panels 015-10-12-32-1 Bid Due Date - 06/22/2012 2:00 pm CDT Starting on the...(see full description)

ID: 1993178
Project Name: 4 Unit Hangar Louisiana Regional Airport
Project Address: Gonzales, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/26/12
Project Type:
Site Work Building Use:
Transportation Terminals Estimated Value*:
$50,000 Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
OWNER: Ascension- St. James Airport and Transportation Authority, 6255 Airport Industrial Blvd., Gon...(see full description)

ID: 1950070
Project Name: Morgan City Ice House
Project Address: Morgan City, LA Est. Start Date: August 2012 Bid Date: 06/21/12
Project Type:
New Construction
Site Work Building Use:
Office
Other Value:
$998,000 Sector:
Public Status:
GC Bidding
Description:
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS CITY OF MORGAN CITY ICE HOUSE FACILITY Front Street Morgan City, Louisi...(see full description)

ID: 1993244
Project Name: EBRP Library Automatic Door Installation for Baker, Carver and Delmont Branch City
Project Address: Baker, LA Est. Start Date: July 2012 Bid Date: 06/19/12
Project Type:
Renovation Building Use:
Library Value:
Less than $50,000 Sector:
Public Status:
Sub-Bidding
Description:
The City of Baton Rouge and Parish of East Baton Rouge will receive bids for the following project:...(see full description)

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 7:32 PM

New Retain on Canal Street

Not only is Canal Street getting a new store, it's getting the flagship:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/187193...ational-retail

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 7:43 PM
TL;DR

Not only that, but the building at 838 Canal is one of those mutilated ones with the rusty steel paneling covering up the facade. I'm sure the DDD will help New Era get a grant to restore the facade.

BTW: not THE flagship, A flagship. New Era only wants to operate a small number of stores where they can pitch their products to tourists and offer unique items and celebrity appearances, but they have no interest in opening up mall stores across America like Lids. They're calling these "flagship" stores, but numerous other touristy cities have them - we're not unique.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 9:09 PM
-

Seems like good news for Oretha Castle Haley that New Orleans Mission will be suspending services June 8th.

Permits:
2800 S CLAIBORNE AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
Construct 2244 sq ft Fast-food restaurant with Drive-thru window as per plans.
Job Value($):
$800,000.00
(thinking this is for Taco Bell)

6750 FRERET ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70118
INTERIOR RENOVATIONS AND UPGRADES TO LOBBY,RESTROOMS,CONCOURSE AND FIXED SEATING OF EXISTING BASKETBALL ARENA AT TULANE UNIVERSITY PER PLANS
Job Value($):
$3,898,976.00

614 CANAL ST
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
CONSTRUCT AN EXTERIOR AWNING ON THE J W MARRIOT HOTEL PER PLANS.
Job Value($):
$20,000.00

1243 ST CHARLES AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70130
REMOVE AND RECONSTRUCT HANDICAP ACCESS RAMP AND LANDING AS PER ADA STANDARDS. REPAIR AND RESTRIPE ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES, AND PROVIDE ISLE/WALK FROM PUBLIC SIDEWALK TO RAMP AS PER SKETCH. (POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN)

111 UNIVERSITY PL
NEW ORLEANS LA
INTERIOR RENOVATIONS TO EXISTING RESTAURANT AS PER PLANS.

3402 TULANE AVE
NEW ORLEANS LA 70119
DEMOLITION TO GRADE OF A GASOLINE STATION INSIDE OF THE NCDC DISTRICT AS PER OWNER'S REQUEST AND COMMITTEE APPROVAL. A SEPERATE PERMIT IS REQUIRED FORM SEWERAGE AND WATER BOARD FOR THE REMOVAL OF WATER METER AND TO CAP THE SEWER LINE. ANY FUTURE USE REQUIRES A SEPERATE PERMIT.

Sylvain Partners bringing a new place to Quarter:
http://nola.eater.com/archives/2012/...he-quarter.php

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 10:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Not only that, but the building at 838 Canal is one of those mutilated ones with the rusty steel paneling covering up the facade. I'm sure the DDD will help New Era get a grant to restore the facade.

BTW: not THE flagship, A flagship. New Era only wants to operate a small number of stores where they can pitch their products to tourists and offer unique items and celebrity appearances, but they have no interest in opening up mall stores across America like Lids. They're calling these "flagship" stores, but numerous other touristy cities have them - we're not unique.
Its a great store nonetheless and they do a good job with the aesthetics. So this will certainly be an asset for the street. Im interested to see how things change once the Saenger is open and the Loyola Streetcar wraps up construction. Also, the Ritz Carlton needs to get on the ball and do something on the bottom floor of their hotel. The Saint did it right. Could you imagine how good it would be for the street if they put Jeremy Davenport in a lounge restaurant on the bottom floor. It would really help create more synergy down there combined with the new Hyatt retail we could actually start making progress.

Also another sign that New Orleans is certainly becoming a hipster haven(some may hate that lol) Goorin Brother is opening a second location on Magazine Street.

http://www.nola.com/fashion/index.ss...to_open_m.html

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 2:06 PM

Hipsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

Also another sign that New Orleans is certainly becoming a hipster haven(some may hate that lol) Goorin Brother is opening a second location on Magazine Street.

http://www.nola.com/fashion/index.ss...to_open_m.html
I unabashedly hate hipsters. There was a great article in CityBusiness about how NOLA hates hipsters. Loved it. Buuut business is business and another business is a good thing, so cheers

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 2:44 PM

Former NOCCA building

"Likely" to be approved according to the TP. Cross your fingers the meeting begins in a few minutes...http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...l#incart_river

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 2:45 PM
-

Quote:
I unabashedly hate hipsters. There was a great article in CityBusiness about how NOLA hates hipsters. Loved it. Buuut business is business and another business is a good thing, so cheers
Interesting thing about " hipsters" is I still dont really know what one is. hahahah

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 2:52 PM

Tulane Stadium

****ing NIMBYs are killing me on this one:

http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/06/t...live-coverage/

The two things that stuck out to me:

1. The neighbors were "ruffled" when the architect said that Tulane has the right to build what they want to on their own property.....Is this not America anymore?

2. "Outstanding issues" like whether they can sell alcohol at the stadium... Is this not NOLA anymore?

Seriously people, seriously.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 3:26 PM
-

Quote:
****ing NIMBYs are killing me on this one:

http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/06/t...live-coverage/

The two things that stuck out to me:

1. The neighbors were "ruffled" when the architect said that Tulane has the right to build what they want to on their own property.....Is this not America anymore?

2. "Outstanding issues" like whether they can sell alcohol at the stadium... Is this not NOLA anymore?

Seriously people, seriously.
These people kill me. They really do. Glad the school is suing the city.Ill bet somewhere Eddie Sapir is involved in this.

Permits:
1532 ROBERT E LEE BLVD
NEW ORLEANS LA 70122
SUPPLEMENT TO 09COM-00488 AND 10COM-00507 TO FINISH THE WORK STARTED.

Harrison Avenue Streetscape is back up for bid.

http://www.purchasing.cityofno.com/b...Url=activeBids

Restaurant Gamechanger?
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/852678

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 4:48 PM

NOCCA Up for vote now (11:55am)....

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the NOCCA condo conversion is.....

APPROVED!!!!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations