HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Jun 11, 2008, 12:12 AM
RS-2007

RENNES | Tour Vivante | 505 FT / 154 M | 29 FLOORS | 2005 | VISION

Quote:
TOUR VIVANTE

Parting between town and countryside, urban and natural spaces, places of consumption, life and production is increasingly problematic for the territory planning. The tempting idea of a dense city opposed to a natural landscape comes today with the creation of gigantic places of essential production to the man. These zones outside of the city do not come in any of these categories and give place to increasingly unqualifiable landscapes, destroying the structure of the territory by urban spreading out and polluting the atmosphere by the increasingly important grid systems.

The city, if one can call it so, is spread on the territory with its zones of horizontal production and consumption extracted from the center of the city (trade, factories, storages, greenhouses...), which are heavily consuming space.

http://www.ateliersoa.fr/verticalfarm_en/urban_farm.htm

more big renders and technical explanations here =>http://www.verticalfarm.com/

edit : i forgot the year in the title, if an admin read this, can he add the year "2005" in the title ? thanks

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 11:55 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Wow, no comments? I love this building. I remember when I first saw this particular vertical farm. I was amazed. Specially because it's all green and black and yellow. It's not just good for the environment but also good looking.

I wanna see this tower built.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 7:10 AM

Looks like the architects had fun with this design.
Two windmills on the roof ! The I-am-greener-than-you tower.
Ridiculous.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
RS-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Wow, no comments? I love this building. I remember when I first saw this particular vertical farm. I was amazed. Specially because it's all green and black and yellow. It's not just good for the environment but also good looking.

I wanna see this tower built.
me too, i'd would really appreciate to see this building in my city, a vertical farm.
Last year the local Newspaper Ouest-France, said in an article about a new quarter in Rennes, that has nothing to see with this tower location, that this "tour vivante" coulb be built there, i'mnot sure of their source, but i think, if it's true, this tower could have a "new" design...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb
Looks like the architects had fun with this design.
Two windmills on the roof ! The I-am-greener-than-you tower.
Ridiculous.
it's not a run to have a greener tower than others, it's necessary... and the more we will build today, the less we will be in shit tomorrow

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-steph35 View Post
it's not a run to have a greener tower than others, it's necessary... and the more we will build today, the less we will be in shit tomorrow
The windmills on top and the production of vegetables inside the tower make very little sense economically.

Skyscrapers and good urban planning that result in density are an excellent way to reduce pollution... only if used on a significant scale.
The costly, isolated experiments like the "tour vivante" make me smile.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 2:44 PM

I really like the design. The smooth transitions between garden spaces and regular floors are great.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects