HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 4:11 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Of course. Those were just examples- I just think the area could use an attraction beyond food/drinks. I did forget about The Nash- anyone been?
I have, its very cool, I like it. My friend Jeff is in a jazz group called "Running from Bears" that plays their a fair bit. Its a BYOB place if you're a drinker. Short Leash Dogs is opening a brick and mortar operating in there.

Check it out on a 1st Fridays at least, its free, will be packed, and is a good time.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Of course. Those were just examples- I just think the area could use an attraction beyond food/drinks. I did forget about The Nash- anyone been?
I am actually the volunteer coordinator there. The website is thenash.org. We are currently doing big band on Wednesday Nights (the band is from Phoenix Community College), contemporary jazz on Friday Nights (and FF is free), main stream jazz on Saturday nights and we have a jam session that has great young talent on Sundays from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. It is BYOB except FF, too many young people to control drinking in that setting. We are in the process of setting up Latin Jazz on Thursdays. Go to the site to see who is playing.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 2:54 PM

Great, thank you both! It's these kind of establishments (FilmBar, too) that help Roosevelt create an identity and differentiate it from places like Mill Ave. the restaurants and bars are great and needed, but you can find those anuwhere in the Valley. When mixed together, though, you get an eclectic, 24/7 district that will attract an eclectic crowd- unlike Scottsdale, for example, when you know exactly the type of crowd you'll see.

Wish they got a little more attention, but I'm hopeful they can hold on until we get more of a critical mass to support them, or I hope that I've underestimated their current customer base. Is there any outdoor space? There does seem to be a lack of patio areas along Roosevelt... That would really help ease the perception that it's dead.

At least we'll room for acres of patios with our shiny new 20' from the city soon!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest