HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 10:07 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
I really want a building to do panel LED color change lighting all over the building, rather than strips or crowns. There are buildings all throughout Europe that use this approach.
So would I

Speaking of which, not sure if anyone has posted this yet but 100 Congress's new lighting is on now. They either lit it Monday night or Tuesday because I was at Joe's Crabshack on Tuesday and took pictures. I'll post them in a couple of hours when I get a chance. I was suprised by the white LED lighting that is on the corners. They light all the way from the base and a second set just below the crown. They are so bright that the south face of the Austonian glows the whole length up as well as the east facing side of the Ashton. Really changes up the look of the nighttime skyline in a good way.

Concerning this proposal, I really wish this was the final product. It may be another rectangle but the way they have the V Shape design really looks cool! If it was lit up along the contours, that building would pop out at night.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2015, 5:56 PM

Quote:
So, the building itself is 32 stories broken down into these sections:

16-32 - (probably) residential with balcony indentations
5-15 - hotel units with straight facade
4 - pool deck
2-3 - amenities and event/meeting space
1 - lobby

That matches the initial information we had regarding the floor count. Ergo, we may actually see something resembling this if they're generous in the design.
Taking a close look at the pattern I noticed that the top floor is unique. two sections of 6 floors below are identical, then 5 floors match the top five floors of the 6 floors that match.

32 unique
31-26 and 25-20 repeat pattern (6 floors each)
15-19 same (5 floors match) as 31-27 and 21-25 pattern

Old Posted Dec 29, 2015, 7:24 PM

Quote:
I really want a building to do panel LED color change lighting all over the building, rather than strips or crowns. There are buildings all throughout Europe that use this approach.
Dallas has some like that, and the buildings aren't very tall but it really makes their nighttime skyline look great. Something like that would look awesome here. I'm guessing it is OK for office buildings and maybe hotels, but probably a non-starter on condo or apartment buildings.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2015, 8:19 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
Taking a close look at the pattern I noticed that the top floor is unique. two sections of 6 floors below are identical, then 5 floors match the top five floors of the 6 floors that match.

32 unique
31-26 and 25-20 repeat pattern (6 floors each)
15-19 same (5 floors match) as 31-27 and 21-25 pattern
The top floor is identical to the floor 7 down from the top. It isn't unique at all...

And of course the pattern repeats. That's the nature of designs like this...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin