HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 4:39 PM

2018 is shaping up to be one of those 'years'!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
2018 is shaping up to be one of those 'years'!

here I fixed it for you

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 2:07 AM

The original photo showed 3 towers! I think it was 29/25/15 is only one getting built?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepstein View Post
The original photo showed 3 towers! I think it was 29/25/15 is only one getting built?
As of right now, yes 'only' one.

But that was always the plan, it's a three phase project.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 6:12 PM
Modulator

Since we have no pic on this thread yet, I decided to pull the pic from the Link website. The original pic was stretched way out of proportion, so I resized it to more realistic proportions.

Image from http://thelinkphoenix.com/

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Since we have no pic on this thread yet, I decided to pull the pic from the Link website. The original pic was stretched way out of proportion, so I resized it to more realistic proportions.

Image from http://thelinkphoenix.com/
Absolutely love the design. Good diversity with what's going on at The Stewart.

Our skyline is really going to begin to fill in with The Link, The Stewart, Derby, Portland on the Park and the Hospital. The once giant gap will now be a few smaller gaps!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 10:52 PM
BANNED

I love the green garage covering. Adds a really cool touch. Exciting times, these....

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 6:30 PM

Deleted

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 10:00 PM

https://azbigmedia.com/ca-ventures-b...-the-link-phx/

A nice recap of what we can expect. No mention of prices or if any units would be set aside for market rate rentals which I thought I heard somewhere.

Broadway and Central Valley LTR station? Lol where is that???

And do they mean 15 years as in, the phases will be broken up over the course of 15 years?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
https://azbigmedia.com/ca-ventures-b...-the-link-phx/

A nice recap of what we can expect. No mention of prices or if any units would be set aside for market rate rentals which I thought I heard somewhere.

Broadway and Central Valley LTR station? Lol where is that???

And do they mean 15 years as in, the phases will be broken up over the course of 15 years?
Yeah that's what it sounds like, if you assumer something like 3 years for each phase that's 9 years of basically non stop work.

They probably just built in a lot of time to see how succesfull phase one is. If phase one fills up quickly phase 2 and 3 will probably also come quickly,

If not....well probably will take a long time if ever.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 3:40 AM

Does anyone know what the height of this is??? I'm guessing 360'?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:43 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Does anyone know what the height of this is??? I'm guessing 360'?
I think 350'ish was the submitted height to FAA months back when we first heard about this. I'll dig up the archives when I get a chance.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:49 PM
Modulator

Found this faster than I thought...350'. Here it is:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...27714658&row=4

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 9:07 PM

350' will put it at about the same height as the EY Tower and Bank of America Tower. Not a bad addition.

Now if only someone would demolish that horrible "The Met" apartment complex next door and put up something fitting of an urban environment.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 9:36 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
350' will put it at about the same height as the EY Tower and Bank of America Tower. Not a bad addition.

Now if only someone would demolish that horrible "The Met" apartment complex next door and put up something fitting of an urban environment.
Give it about twenty years. There's probably enough people downtown who actually like garden apartment nonsense. Things start getting really razed at the 40 year mark when pipes and roofs start to give out, at the 50 year it becomes historic kitsch and is harder to get rid of.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 2:17 AM

Construction starts on 30-story apartment building in downtown Phoenix

AZ Central

Quote:
Construction has started on a 30-story apartment tower called the Link Phx that will add to downtown Phoenix’s growing skyline.

The high-rise, going up on the northeast corner of Third and Pierce streets, will bring 257 apartments and 7,000 square feet of retail space to the area in August 2019.

Link Phx is one of several apartment or condominium towers planned or under construction in downtown Phoenix, including a 31-story residential tower on the Arizona Center's grassy lawn just a block away.

“The Link Phx will address the demand for rental residences that has been fueled by the influx of students to downtown Phoenix,” said JJ Smith, principal of Chicago-based CA Ventures, which is developing the project with Diamond Realty Investments, Mitsubishi Corp.’s real-estate division.

He said public and private investment and infrastructure projects such as light rail continue to "bring a new generation of young professionals to the downtown area."

MORE: Downtown Phoenix creating light-rail hub

Future plans call for the development to grow in three phases to 600 apartment homes and 21,000 square feet of retail space.

CA Ventures has developed several student housing apartment projects, including Rise on Apache in Tempe. But Link Phx isn’t a student-housing development, spokeswoman Sara Williams said.

The first Shepley Bulfinch-designed tower is going up on a 1.3-acre vacant lot that CA Ventures started piecing together through land purchases in 2014, according to property records. The developer has spent at least $3 million on the lot.

At a recent groundbreaking for the development, Phoenix Councilwoman Kate Gallego, who represents the area, said projects such as Link Phx will make downtown Phoenix a true live/work/play destination.

Rents for the apartments that will range from 450 to 1,450 square feet aren’t yet available.

The tower also will have 17 larger penthouses.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post

man it sure would be nice to finally get a 400+ addition (let alone something that replaces Chase as tallest) but beggars can't be choosers and 350' is respectable. just don't understand the lack of ambition by developers here. seems like there's no ego at all which is antithetical to the very practice of tower-building

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 11:12 PM

Hey guys, long time away, but always keeping an eye on Phoenix. As for "The Met", you can be sure that the complex was sold to investors with a 20-year ROI horizon (especially back in the early 2000's, I bet they got 7-8% return). The materials of classic early 00's Phoenix plywood, chicken-wire, and stucco which was used for that project can't hold out long before the maintenance begins to affect the bottom line. After 20 years or so, the structure needs major work, which can total almost as much as building the original structure (for structures built this cheap). I would bet we see a sale of the complex in the next 5 years for a tear-down and rebuild with a much denser project. Anyway, good to come back to my hometown to see a real city developing, wish I could take part in it.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 12:20 AM
Modulator

Construction has officially commenced. Lane closure is in place along 3rd between Moreland and Pierce and dirt is being moved .

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 12:30 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
man it sure would be nice to finally get a 400+ addition (let alone something that replaces Chase as tallest) but beggars can't be choosers and 350' is respectable. just don't understand the lack of ambition by developers here. seems like there's no ego at all which is antithetical to the very practice of tower-building
These things are always built to be sold. Nobody is long-term invested enough to have any ego here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest