HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Also, I keep seeing a tower crane from the 51. I would guess that it is located around 16th and Osborn... is this for the hospice offices?
Yup.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 2:47 PM

I've noticed some changes at the Chateau on Central over the past week. The locks have been changed on the gate, one sign came down, another sign came up...and there is a number to call about buying one of the units. Has anything happened with Mortgages Ltd?

Also, did anyone see that the city will be selling back the properties it aquired during the LRT construction on Central & Camelback. They have 10 properties (mostly historic houses) just south of the LRT station that are going up for auction. I know which one I'll be making a bid on...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 7:50 PM

Condos in central Phoenix that were selling for $185,000 pre-crash are now foreclosing for as little as $27,000. That's so far below the actual cost of construction that it will be many years before Phoenix starts to see any real new development. Perhaps three years, or five, or longer. No one really knows right now, but our economy is broken if real estate has declined 80% from the 2005 peak.

--don

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 8:34 PM

/\ Where and how much are the HOA fees?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 11:24 PM

^^^Yeah, no kidding! I have that in cash right now I could buy outright!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 6:35 PM

Hmm...

Quote:

Pursuant to A.R.S. Section 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the site plan review team and to the general public, that the SITE PLAN REVIEW TEAM will hold a meeting open to the public on Tuesday, October 27, 2009, at 9:30 a.m. located in Room 1 West, First Floor, Phoenix City Hall, 200 West Washington, Phoenix, Arizona.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

Review of Preliminary Site Plan 99-3515

A development zoned C-2 and located at the Northeast corner of 2nd Street & Roosevelt Street. The project name is RO2 Residential -2nd & Roosevelt.
And this is the project...

Quote:
Permit# PAPP-0901907 Issue Date 8/6/09 Expires 8/6/10
Permit Description RO2 RESIDENTIAL
Project 09-3515 RO2 RESIDENTIAL

PROJECT DESCRIPTION: 250' MIXED USE TOWER WITH RETAIL, RESIDENTIAL AND ABOVE GRADE PARKING

Pre-application 09-3515 PAPP 0901907 SDEV 0900387
RO2 STUDENT HOUSING
250' Mixed Use With Student Housing and Private Amenities
NEC of 2nd St and Roosevelt St
Exist:C-2, .58 acres
QS 11-32, C-1, District 8
This is on the NEC of 2nd and Roosevelt where that weird sunk-in-the-ground pyramid looking building that burned down was. Could it actually be something solid seeing how they are looking for permits in this market?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 6:45 PM
them bones

^If it's student housing I wonder if it's getting any sort of state subsidies or something? Still, given the project type and location, it actually makes some sense if they've got the $$$. Construction is cheap right now.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 7:43 PM

So are we talking about an off campus dorm here? Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Hmm...

And this is the project...

This is on the NEC of 2nd and Roosevelt where that weird sunk-in-the-ground pyramid looking building that burned down was. Could it actually be something solid seeing how they are looking for permits in this market?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 8:27 PM

That is exciting!!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 9:38 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
I certainly hope something nice goes there, that is a key spot for connecting the nice areas of Roosevelt from Central to 7th, with the arts district on East Roosevelt.

EDIT: I went by the Phx Biomedical Plaza I think its going to be called their on 7th/Van Buren, has anyone heard anything about this lately? Any new permits? It would be nice to get small stuff like that rolling during the down economy if at all possible. I thought it was all funded and ready to go but it seems like its been sitting there fenced off for a long while.

Last edited by HooverDam; Oct 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
EDIT: I went by the Phx Biomedical Plaza I think its going to be called their on 7th/Van Buren, has anyone heard anything about this lately? Any new permits? It would be nice to get small stuff like that rolling during the down economy if at all possible. I thought it was all funded and ready to go but it seems like its been sitting there fenced off for a long while.

The next project at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus will be the 265,000 s.f. Health Sciences Education Building, currently in design phase but scheduled to begin construction in February:

http://www.fdc.arizona.edu/projects/...roject=09-8900

A site plan can be seen on the last page of this section of ABOR's Sept. agenda:

http://www.abor.asu.edu/1_the_regent...06-2009-09.pdf

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 6:27 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
^Thanks for that, its neat. The shape of the building from that drawing looks like it might be something a bit different and kind of interesting. I wonder how tall it will be- probably about the same size as the TGEN building Id assume.

But that wasn't the site I was referring to, I meant the lot on the NE corner where there's currently a small stucco-ish building and a lot fronting 7th St.

Last edited by HooverDam; Oct 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
/\ Where and how much are the HOA fees?
Near 16th Street and Glendale...I think the HOA fees are $100 per month or so. I pay $575 per month rent and that includes all utilities and the HOA.

--don

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 3:14 PM
BANNED

Hopefully the student housing development on 2nd st. is similar to the recent construction along apache blvd in Tempe.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 3:36 PM
BANNED

why?

So it can look like prison walls? from the street. That student housing on Apache, while very dense, looks like Belladonna's ass hole after a black gang bang.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:00 PM

I noticed a city sign (maybe rezoning sign or use permit sign) on the NWC of Fillmore and 2nd Avenue... the lot that was recently paved for parking. Has anyone read it or know what it is for (glynnjamin?)?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:16 PM

I think it's for parking...again. To extend the time they can use it as a parking lot or something like that.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:26 PM

Basically what happened with that lot (2nd & Fillmore) is this -

The city leased it to ASU for a parking lot under the pretense that they landscape the hell out of it. ASU came in, leveled it and paved it and turned it into a parking lot. What they didn't do was bother to landscape it. So our (Lofts at Fillmore) HOA filed a protest with the city. That intersection is prone to flooding and, as a result, the lower units in our building can get water damage. Because of this, our HOA was concerned about the non-permeable pavement creating more runoff into the street. The city, reacting to the protest (and ASU's inability to follow guidelines), denied them use of the parking lot. As of right now, it is just an open lot that anyone can use for free. The hearing is about a variance so that they can avoid putting in landscaping. We have our lawyer ready to go fight it.

All of this makes it sound like I care. Really, I don't. But that's what's going on with it.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
why?

So it can look like prison walls? from the street. That student housing on Apache, while very dense, looks like Belladonna's ass hole after a black gang bang.
Have you noticed the added pedestrian activities along Apache? The once blighted areas (much like 2nd/Roosevelt) have become safe and pedestrian friendly. It could only aid the small business in this area. Close to the deck park, perhaps people other than the homeless would enjoy the park.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:49 PM
BANNED

really? the area is safe? I've ridden my bike on that stretch of apache several times, and on one ocassion a drunk kid tried to chase me and said he was going to take it. Another time we were watching drunk kids crossing the road in front of cars and it was generally (especially with the look of the buildings) a feeling that I was in a chaotic third world country.

They look like tenenments, and the people around there are barbaric, idiot kids.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest