HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 5, 2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
Whos more attracted to tools, gay men or women?

Also are John, HX Guy, Silverbear and myself the only heterosexuals in the SW section? Not that I particularly care about it one way or the other, but its interesting to me that this 'hobby'/interest is so much more participated in by gay men, I wonder what leads to that.
Add me to the list of straight guy who likes architecture and development and WOMEN.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2009, 10:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I have a TERRIBLE memory and didnt recall if guys like yourself, Gymrat, etc have ever mentioned anything one way or the other on the topic.
If I had a dollar for every comment of gymrat's that was x rated gay, I'd have a nice dinner at Morton's.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
It bleeds every month and it looks like pastrami strips. Bacon even. Which is exactly why I stay from the stuff.
Not a fan of pastrami or bacon either but I love all the parts of a woman.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 2:05 AM
The Man

Lol, I think you found the fastest way to get everyone on here to respond. I don't know the last time I saw so many post in the sw forum in one day. You can mark me in the hetero column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
I just gaged.... new subject.

vagina vagina vagina vagina
And this made me literally laugh out loud.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 2:07 AM
The Man

Quote:
I was just going with people who I knew were confirmed lady lovers. I have a TERRIBLE memory and didnt recall if guys like yourself, Gymrat, etc have ever mentioned anything one way or the other on the topic. Obviously Johns straight, I know I am, HX Guy just showed us wedding pictures with a pretty gal in them and I recall Silverbear saying he's married..so thats all I could be sure of.

I know this for sure, the regular SW posters are 100% male.
That's probably a more interesting question. Forget gay and straight, how many regular posters on all of ssp are women? Not many, I think.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadswor View Post
That's probably a more interesting question. Forget gay and straight, how many regular posters on all of ssp are women? Not many, I think.
NONE!

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 3:41 PM
High Voltage

Quote:
Whos more attracted to tools, gay men or women?

Also are John, HX Guy, Silverbear and myself the only heterosexuals in the SW section?
You can add me to the heterosexual list too.

also, pastrami and bacon are delicious, you can even eat them together if you choose.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 4:13 PM

Geez, what's with all the heterosexuals in our forum today?

Okay, the gay men, no women thing is sort of intriguing. And I like bacon.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 6:11 PM

I think just in general, gay men are attracted to style and beauty (not to say that straight people don't appreciate style). You find a lot more style in central phoenix than in the suburbs. Also, gay men are more drawn to urban areas, as the soccer moms in the suburbs are generally not too open to alternative lifestyles and it tends to be too conservative for a lot of gays. And you know gays, once they move into a neighborhood, they take it on and want to beautify the whole area. Gays have a reputation for transforming neighborhoods.. (Chelsea in New York, Capitol Hill in Seattle.. etc).
I think most people who live in urban cores are interested in seeing development and pretty buildings, but the gays just get a lot more involved in the process.

Ok, I'm rambling. But that is my personal opinion on why there are so many gays on here. I'm not sure if it made any sense.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 7:09 PM

I'm straight, but I do like banannas.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
Ascension

I hope this pleases everyone.

For the straight and narrow.

For the crooked and wide.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 1:28 PM
BANNED

I think this site has a high gay percentage because they have no children and two incomes in one household. Therefore, they have a high expendable income and are able to live in the cool trendy areas of each city.

Anyone ever notice how the gay parts of town tend to have the nice 'hoods, cafes, restaurants, bars, shops etc...Naturally, they'd be interested in the SSP.

BTW, hetero here.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
Skyriser

I had to chime in.

A former friend mentioned that the style concept of a gay man tends to focus on things that don't affect themselves as much as it would other people.

The best example is as a women's fashion designer, but I could easily see that applied to urban planning as well.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
Skyriser

Quote:

Her tongue looks rather phallic. In fact the way there's a slight ridge toward the end is kinda creepy.

Quote:
Yeccch!

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 7:39 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
http://phoenix.gov/citygovernment/pl...phx/index.html

Reminder for those interested the first Central City meeting for the new Phoenix General Plan is tonight at 6pm at the Emerson Court, School District Board Room (East Entrance), 1817 N. 7th Street.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 12:05 AM

tonight is shaping up to have some spectacular sunsets... get your cameras ready.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:26 AM
Todo para la familia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Hoover, I'm sure you just didn't think about all of the rest of the SW forumers, but put me in the hetero column... unless you thought I was gay too (?).

I too enjoy bacon and pastrami over hot dogs and bananas.
Some Vajayjays get worse than bacon and pastrami. Some look like roast beef curtains flapping in the wind. But I'll take some of that before the CUCUMBER. Anywho, Sorry I'm late to this fiesta but I'll participate in this lovely trend.

I'm 29 years old (can't believe I'm gonna hit the big 3-0 next may). Married with two kids. Originally from New Yawk but moved to Phoenix before High School. Joined the Air Force in 1998 and have been around the world (Japan, Colombia, possibly Afghanistan next year) and also lived in San Antonio before coming to my current assignment in Tucson. Currently doing my Associates at u of Phx. I may want to go overseas again before finishing my AF career (possibly in Tucson). Last little tidbit of info was I almost got ejected from my son's Flag football game as did our head coach (god I love being an assistant head coach).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:29 AM
Todo para la familia

Quote:

"My prostate gland...she's about to taste it."

50 bucks says there are still guys from Belgium dancing like this all around the world. CHEESE AND RICE!!!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:32 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
http://phoenix.gov/citygovernment/pl...phx/index.html

Reminder for those interested the first Central City meeting for the new Phoenix General Plan is tonight at 6pm at the Emerson Court, School District Board Room (East Entrance), 1817 N. 7th Street.
So just in case anyones interested I thought Id give a little report on this. It was a bit frustrating because I arrived at 6, the designated time, and they had double booked the room so I had to sit through a Central City village meeting for 30 minutes at first before the General Plan visioning meeting began.

As far the "visioning" meeting went, all they had us do was throw out things we valued about Phoenix, which went reasonably well I suppose. A lot of the same themes kept coming up (weather, opportunity, openness, the desert) which wasn't much of a surprise. It was only an hour or so long and I felt a bit hamstrung by how limited the topic of the meeting was.

The next meeting is on Nov 6th at 6pm at the same place. We're supposed to come with ideas "imagining Phoenix at its best at 2050." I encourage anyone here to show up since I got the feeling from a lot of people at the first meeting were long on heart but short on vision. I feel like a lot of the folks here would really have some valuable things to add.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:31 PM

I saw this interesting event coming downtown in the Business Journal:
http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoen...2/daily37.html

Quote:
Zombies to spook downtown Phoenix on Halloween

To celebrate Halloween, Downtown Phoenix Partnership is hosting a Zombie Walk. Revelers are invited to dress as their favorite zombie and haunt the streets of downtown Phoenix.

The event will start with a gathering at Heritage Square in front of the Arizona Science Center at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 30. The walk will begin at 6 p.m. and end at Friday’s Front Row at Chase Field.

Downtown Phoenix is expected to be busy that night, with performances at the Herberger Theater and Phoenix Symphony hall as well as the Phoenix Suns home opener against Golden State Warriors.

Details for the walk are still being developed, but the event is free and open to the costumed public. It’s likely that the ‘non-zombies’ will be also allowed to walk at their own risk. Members of the partnership’s ambassador program are expected to lead the way. For more: www.myspace.com/phoenixzombiewalk09.
I always thought having a major holiday event could promote the local culture and get the community active in fun civic events, like New York's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Chicago's St. Patrick's Day festivities, etc. I hope this is a good sign the community is evolving and moving toward giving the city more character.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest