HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 2:57 AM
BANNED

Phoenix Suns Thread

Watching the season opener right now. I'm probably the most die hard and probably only a few ppl care but lets do this.

Im nervous for this season. Besides the Dragic/Childress chemistry, our bench might be horiffic. Starting squad is getting scary old, and overall I feel this is an average team.

John's prediction: 44-38

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 4:54 AM

WTF happened? I couldn't watch the game, I'm guessing it was on FSN, which Dish Network no longer carries. I was checking scoring updates and it was a two point game at the start of the 4th. How the he'll did they end up getting blown out?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 6:23 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
I'm really not expecting much out of this team this year. They don't have any interior presence, they can't rebound, they can't score easy buckets (no tips ins, rebounds, post player), etc.

Once the Suns realized they were going to lose Amare they should've blown it up, bringing in Hedo and Childress just to remain mediocre and try to sell tickets was the wrong move. This team is slowly sliding into a redux of the Gugliatta days of mediocrity, just good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get good lottery seeding.

Hopefully if the team starts slow the front office will have the balls to blow it up and rebuild. Cash in the Nash chip while you can, try to get young players and picks wherever possible.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 11:41 AM

I'm the biggest diehard, john. HX, it was an away game, thus, it was on my45, cox 9, whatever that is on dish.

I think John's prediction on our record is about right. I do like some of our players we brought in, including Hedo and Childress. And I'm looking forward to another year with Nash. But we're basically headed for a first round exit.

I'd rather watch Nash play and have him in our community for 2 more years rather than blow it all up at the end of his career and send him somewhere. Who knows, there may not be any NBA next year.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 1:11 PM
BANNED

I'm predicting the Suns finish with a 40-42 season. (However, my prediction last year was off!)

I'm going to miss being able to watch Suns games on a regular basis. The home team over here is the Lakers/Clippers, very strange turning on Fox Sports and getting local LA teams.

I did watch the Celtics destroy Lebron last night though. I can't stand that guy. Boston fans started chanting "O-ver-rated", its going to be a good season!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 2:34 PM

Not sure what to make of this team. I think it's going to take a little while for them to get comfortable playing together, with all of the new pieces. Rebounding is going to be a huge issue, and something they better improve as the season goes on. I'll be curious to see how they look one month in to the season.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 7:21 PM

too many small forwards (as usual), no rebounders outside of lopez, aging point guard that's starting to turn the ball over more and more, too many off-season changes that don't help...looks grim to me. no playoffs. 40-42

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 6:03 PM
BANNED

Last night went better. If only Warrick could put up 18/11 every night and play with that intensity, we would never miss Amare. The whole squad looked great and if they play like that they will be a decent team.

Lots of ifs.

Anyone going to the game v lakers tonight?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 6:46 PM

Agreed, from what I saw things looked pretty good. Glad to see rebounding was about even, that's huge. Would love it if HW put up a lot of double-double's this season! Lopez looked good in the first half, had some nice blocks and is a presence in the middle. Needs to stay out of foul trouble. I couldn't stay awake for the second half...but was great to see them play so well against a pretty solid Jazzercise squad.

I hope they come out strong tonight, would be great to get a W over the Lakers.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2010, 2:41 AM

Was at the Lakers game last night and cannot tell you how sick I am of seeing all the Laker fans and listening to their BS. I cannot wait for the day that Kobe is gone and the Lakers return to mediorocracy. Hopefully the Suns will continue to excel and the gutless bandwagoners bleed orange and purple once again.

Moved here from the midwest just over 14 years ago and cut my ties with the Chicago colors I had grown to love the day I hopped in my car to head West. My first priority was to purchase Cardinals season tickets (I still miss Sun Devil stadium), embrace the Suns and first year Coyotes and prep myself for the TBD baseball team.

I wouldn't have had it any other way. Go Suns!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2010, 2:53 AM
BANNED

it's not just local bandwagoners. There are a LOT of LA transplants living here, and there are a LOT of people who come over for the game from California. I hate them as much as you do, but not all of them are local bandwagoners.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 3:52 PM
BANNED

Maybe the Suns new brass aren't so bad!! DUDS for PREZ!

Phoenix Suns' Jared Dudley signs five-year extension with team

41 comments by Paul Coro - Nov. 1, 2010 09:48 PM
The Arizona Republic

How much do the Suns value Jared Dudley?

Kevin Durant, Joakim Noah, Al Horford and Mike Conley were the only other 2007 first-round draft picks who were as valued by their teams and signed contract extensions Monday night.

Profile: Jared Dudley

In a deal equivalent of a game-winning shot at the buzzer, Dudley signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract extension 10 minutes before the deadline that would have made him a free agent next summer.

Instead, Dudley agreed to a deal that will guarantee him $4.25 million each season with up to $250,000 in playoff incentives each year for reaching the second round or conference finals ($125,000 each). Dudley can opt out before the contract's final year, 2015-16.

"It was a very challenging environment now to do this," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said, referring to negotiations between the NBA and players union for a new collective-bargaining agreement.

"You've got uncertainty about what the rules and CBA will be. It takes a lot of hard work, compromise and good will to get it done. We have great confidence in who he is as a player and as a person."

Dudley, 25, has been a hustling, court-savvy reserve for the Suns who has developed into a good defender and 3-point shooter.

On Monday morning, neither party expected a deal before the 9 p.m. deadline.

Dudley tweeted Monday night, "Yes Suns fans!!!! 5 yr Max deal!!!!!! Lol ok not max but a fair and good deal.. Glad to be apart of this org future."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...#ixzz148nGNOvg

Old Posted Nov 6, 2010, 5:26 PM
BANNED

Probably talking to myself, but J-Rich for PREZ! That finish against the Griz was incredible, of course you can thank Gay for giving us the chance in OT. How do you make a free throw with .4 seconds left? I can't believe he would try to miss it and actually make it.

I was on TV afterward.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
I'm probably the most die hard and probably only a few ppl care but lets do this.
Quote:
Probably talking to myself
Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 4:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
Your arrogance knows no bounds.
What? Pointing out that im the only one posting is arrogant? You suck.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 5:34 AM

Quote:
What? Pointing out that im the only one posting is arrogant? You suck.
Its supremely arrogant that you think you're the only person here who cares about the Suns. Its a Suns town, we all care but so far its early and there's not a whole lot to talk about & its not a sports forum

EDIT: VV Why are you asking if I'm nuts. You CLEARLY stated twice that you're more of a fan than everyone else, its obnoxious, stop. I was at the parade in 93, Im as big of a Suns fan as anyone as are a lot of folks on this board Im sure. Its just obnoxious as heck when you start a thread with something like that.

Last edited by HooverDam; Nov 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 6:20 AM
BANNED

Why are you starting a fight? I never said im the only one who cares or even implied it. Are you nuts?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 4:23 PM

The suns will NEVER win a title under STINGY MINDED "Sarver" as owner.

This guy wants good players for cheap. And that is not going to happen.

Remember the Joe Johnson deal. The atlanta hawks organization Outbid

sarver and the suns organization by only 5 million dollars (relatively

speaking). Sarver did not want to match that or beat it. So now the suns

lost a terrific WELL ROUNDED point guard, who by the way is still scoring

over 20 a game.

I also hated to see BARBOSA let go. Sarver has let so many good players go,

the whole team may as well be blown up, (INCLUDING SARVER).

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 6:47 PM
E pluribus unum

You sound like me. Please, shut the fuck up.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 8:38 PM

Last time I checked, the organization never won a title under Colangelo either. Sure I think Sarver was/is inexperienced and a little on the thrifty side, but he seems to be making an effort to put out a quality team. Yes I would love a championship, more than anything, but sometimes luck plays a big part too. The Spurs getting Robinson and Duncan as number one picks, tell me luck didn't play a part in that.

He does seem like an enthusiastic owner who attends the games and wants to win. Playing in the same division as the Lakers and their deep pockets makes it extremely difficult to win a title. We could use a little more luck, and maybe the team has to be really bad for a few years so they can rebuild. However, people would howl if that happened too...can't please people most of the time.

I'm curious to see how this season plays out, maybe they can pull the trigger on a big trade in a few months.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest