HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 10:40 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmAZCO View Post
Last time I checked, the organization never won a title under Colangelo either. .
A title isn't the only measure of success. The Suns have the 5th best winning percentage of all NBA teams, thats pretty damned good. We always got the impression under Colangelo that he was doing everything he could to win, and furthermore he wanted to win with quality people. Beat your wife? You're off the team. Do cocaine? You're gone. JC was an is a class act and a winner, which is why we entrusted our Nations basketball program to him and he did a superb job of turning it around.

Further, Colangelo is an actual basketball person. He was a GM, grew up in a NBA organization (the Bulls) and was a start basketball player in High School. Sarver on the other hand has no such qualifications.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 10:53 PM

I'm not dissing Colangelo, I like the guy. He did so much for the franchise. I'm just saying that Sarver hasn't exactly destroyed this team. They made it to the WCF last year, and gave the Lakers a pretty good run. Yes he's made mistakes, and keeping JJ probably would have been huge. I just get tired of hearing how Sarver is the reason they haven't won a title, and people complaining about him all the time. I think the teams win loss record under his ownerhsip is pretty impressive. Yes hasn't gotten them a title, but I'm saying that sometimes you need some luck in addition to the other things.

I think the main damage he could do to the team is to not let them rebuild. Financially he may not want to field a team that stinks for a few years, and take the hit so that they can rebuild. Seattle/OKC and Portland both went through some rough patches, but they were rewarded in the draft. I just don't know if Sarver would be willing to go there.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 7:45 PM
BANNED

So Steve Nash stayed at my work a few weeks ago by himself and I told my boss I bet there is trouble at the ranch. Turns out my suspicion was correct. As ugly as he is, with three kids, he will still have no trouble finding all the new women he wants, that's what makes me sick and a guy like me is stuck bottom feeding.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 3:51 PM

I was pretty shocked to hear about Nash and his wife. Especially since they just had a baby...but maybe the kid came out a different color than he was expecting. That would be a game changer.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 5:14 PM
BANNED

I watched the Suns/Lakers game 2 nights ago. Unbelievable shooting from 3 pt land by the Suns! 22 made, franchise record.

While it was a fun game to watch and I'm happy the Suns beat LA, teams will live and die from 3pt land. Even with the incredible shooting, the Lakers still almost pulled off a win once the shots stopped falling.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 11:32 PM

CARMELO ANTHONY MIGHT BECOME AVAILABLE during trade deadline1

Lets just see if Sarver makes an attempt to go after him. He will be a hell of a

back up to STEVE NASH as a point guard. Speaking of nash I believe his days

with the suns are numbered after this year/season. Thats why it would be good to

pick up carmelo.

Last edited by ljbuild; Nov 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbuild View Post
CARMELO ANTHONY MIGHT BECOME AVAILABLE during trade deadline1

Lets just see if Sarver makes an attempt to go after him. He will be a hell of a

back up to STEVE NASH as a point guard. Speaking of nash I believe he days

with the suns are numbered after this year. Thats why it would be good to

pick up carmelo.
You're under the impression Carmelo Anthony is a Point Guard? He's a good passer for a Forward, but he's a Forward.

He could probably play the 4 for the Suns and Id love to flip him in a deal something like Hedo+Dragic+Warrick+Future 1st rounder for Melo+Anthony Carter, but I can't imagine the Nuggets going for that. Hedo's contract is a horrible albatross.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2010, 10:58 PM

Well so far the Suns seem to be who we thought they were...an average team that would play around .500 ball. Maybe they can pull the trigger on a quality trade, to get some interior presence. Otherwise it's sort of a discouraging season up to this point. They don't seem like a team that's built for the playoffs, kind of sporadic from night to night. I still bleed purple and orange, but I'm a little bummed out about what I've seen so far...

Old Posted Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 AM
BANNED

I actually am seeing better than what I expected in some aspects, but pure fail in others. Letting Amundson go is the biggest mistake this organization has made in quite a few years. He would have been the defensive anchor this year, on a team that does not have a defensive minded player. Robin Lopez is softer than a tempurpedic pillow, same for channing frye, and Hakim Warrick. There is nobody on this team that plays interior defense and as much complaining as we did about Amare's lack of defensive play, what we have now is about the same but minus the offensive production. Ugh...... idiots.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 10:28 PM

I think I like the recent trade. Much needed size and interior presence. Let's face it, the team was going nowhere so I don't think it'll hurt. I have a feeling another trade or two will be worked out before it's all said and done. VC is a douche, but maybe we'll get some production out of him.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 10:32 PM

I like this trade a lot. Im glad the Front Office wasn't too proud to admit the Hedo move and a lot of what they did this offseason was a mess.

This gives the Suns flexibility going forward, a potential trade piece in VC, and a nice, athletic Center going forward. They weren't going to resign JRich anyhow, so it was good to get value for him.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 10:55 PM

Anyone else hoping for a Dwight Howard season-ending injury?

OK, I don't really "hope" an injury on anyone... but it would be nice to get in the lottery (if we don't get there ourselves).

Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 9:33 PM

IT LOOKS LIKE "LOTTERY TIME" FOR THE SUNS! after looking at them and the "amare" knicks.

Since the organization (SARVER) doesnt have the balls to spend money on

keeping GOOD PLAYERS together, this is the "product" you get (a sub-500 team).

let me see;

AMARE
SHAWN MARION
JOE JOHNSON
LEANDRO BARBOSA
JASON RICHARDSON
KURT THOMAS

"just to name a few good players" :

This right here WAS the team. The spurs, Mavericks, Lakers and Celtics still have their core players since the early 2000's.

How long have the spurs had PARKER, GINOBOLLI & DUNCAN together. (forever)

Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 9:45 PM

I do however feel sorry for Steve Nash

since the departure of Marion, the suns have had a HIGH TURNOVER RATIO.

Every year since then NASH has had to train or work with new players. Its like

being a supervisor having to retrain a new Employee every month. He cant

ever get into a flow or have a CHEMISTRY.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 10:05 PM
BANNED

I can't see what LJBuild said, but I'm going to assume it's doom and gloom. I agree with him if that's the case. That game against the Knicks was brutally bad.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 9:03 PM
BANNED

THEY TRADED MY FAVORTIE PLAYER!!!!! AHHHHGHGHGHGGH

I hate you, Suns management.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 9:34 PM

For a second before seeing the actual trade, i thought they got rid of JMZ. I don't mind this trade. Dragic isn't that great, he's shown flashes, but he's just never developed a consistent shot or handle. I like him and his tenacity though. Brooks was great last year, and hopefully he can get back there. It'll be a good trade if that happens. I'm glad they lottery protected their pick. If we miss the playoffs this year, we give them Orlando's 1st rounder instead of our lottery pick. Otherwise, we give them our pick and keep Orlando's.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 9:46 PM
BANNED

Aaron Brooks is a 37% field goal shooter... Why do we need an undersized guard who shoots under 40% when we already have Vince to hoist at low percentages?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 10:34 PM

He's been injured this year, his last year stats are much better. Dragic is about the same.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 10:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Dragic is about the same.
ding, ding, ding we have a winner.

Except now we throw in a draft pick, and we end up losing out on the deal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest