HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
they've lost 3500 season ticket holders since last season, and will probably lose many more after this season, a local legend walked out on the team this year, another coach said eff you, and they hired someone with no coaching experience to run the team for this season.

The direction this franchise is moving is so bad... the last thing they should be concerned with is a luxury parking lot.
Local TV Ratings are off a league worst 37% this year as well.

In my opinion, you should own a professional sports franchise to win at the highest level, not to make money. Sarver (with his dad's help) has already made plenty of cash. He bought a franchise that had everything in place and under his direction the ship has finally sunk. It started with Deng and Rondo and it has evolved into nearly every Suns legend wanting nothing to do with the franchise.

Lindsey Hunter should have never been given the job. Sarver could have signed Rudy Gay this year, we could bring in Josh Smith or go after Pau Gasol; Sarver is just too damn cheap to do so. His penny pinching was evident when he hired a former agent (Babby) to handle all contract negotiations as his new GM.

If turning one of the best franchise's in sports into a joke wasn't bad enough, say goodbye to purple being a dominant color in the Suns uniforms. Nazi Sarver wants to sell more jerseys (similar to the Cardinals, ASU alternates) so black will be the color of our road jerseys next year. I was told that the new uni's will look just like the new court with black being the dominant color.

Last edited by ASUSunDevil; Jan 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 6:42 PM
BANNED

fwiw, I dont think sarver is going to win or make money in the near future.

he is fucked.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 6:49 PM

Quote:
fwiw, I dont think sarver is going to win or make money in the near future.

he is fucked.
Hopefully Nazi Sarver realizes that soon and sells the team to someone like Bob Parsons (godaddy.com founder) who is anything but a cheapskate. With the Sacramento Kings recent $525 million valuation, the moron should get out now while he can still make a profit.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 7:09 PM
BANNED

I dont think Bob Parsons would take the risk, but that would be cool, he'd be our Mark Cuban.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 7:47 PM

Article just put out says the Suns are valued at $475 Million, up from $395 Million a year ago. They are ranked #13 in the NBA.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...-but-team.html

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 12:54 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Sarver could have signed Rudy Gay this year, we could bring in Josh Smith or go after Pau Gasol;
I hate Sarver with every fiber of my being, but am glad he didn't go anything you listed here. The Suns need to lose, Im fine with that. Theyve got to bottom out, my issue is they didn't realize it 2 years ago when they could've gotten a better return on Nash & G Hill. Or alternatively they could've tried staying competitive and building on a Western Conference Finals appearance, but to just go down this road of mediocrity was foolish.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 1:13 AM
BANNED

a rebuilding effort will never be successful if you try to put a good product on the floor whilst you rebuild.

Obtaining Rudy Gay and his bloated contract is not a good idea, and will only further the mediocrity. There was rumor of a deal sending Jared Dudley and 3 future first round picks to Memphis for Gay, and I am relieve that did not come to fruition.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 1:57 AM

/\ yes and yes. I'm afraid sarver and co will even screw that up (sucking). Who knows though. I'm sure he has more interests in the suns than just them being (or becoming) a good team.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Also, Sarvee has implemented some new rules in will call box office that will seriously stifle scalpers who do not already have ticket in hand.

Sneaky bastard.
What did he change?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 4:08 AM

Suns Owner and GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck View Post
What did he change?
The Sun's owner, Robert Sarver is an amateur in every sense of the word when it comes to owning and operating a sports franchise. The Joe Johnson deal or lack there of was the start of a down hill cluster f---. He went from that to firing a long time employee who told his kids that they couldn't sit under the basket area during the game, which by the way is an NBA rule, as Sarver had the long time usher fired. His firing of Coach Gentry is a joke. Gentry is a great coach. You don't sign a bunch of garbage players and expect your coach to make them all world. Letting Majerle walk out the door is just another PR Disaster. It really makes me realize even more how great of a job Jerry Colangelo did in keeping the Suns competitive all of those years. Hopefully Sarver will continue to self desrtuct and end up selling the team to someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 5:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck View Post
What did he change?
It used to be that anyone could put tickets at will call for anyone else. I don't know the details now but apparently you can't do that anymore so scalpers can sell the tickets but they themselves have to pick them up instead of the customer.... Or something.

All I know is the guys who supply second hand tickets for me are pissed.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
I hate Sarver with every fiber of my being, but am glad he didn't go anything you listed here. The Suns need to lose, Im fine with that. Theyve got to bottom out, my issue is they didn't realize it 2 years ago when they could've gotten a better return on Nash & G Hill. Or alternatively they could've tried staying competitive and building on a Western Conference Finals appearance, but to just go down this road of mediocrity was foolish.
The Suns certainly won't be winning this year so that shouldn't be a concern. If we were to pay Gay, we would have given them some of our bloated contracts like Frye and possibly Beasley to offset his huge contract that he only has 2 years left on. Why not try to get Dwight when the Lakers are obviously in shambles right now? I could list a million reasons why I hate Sarver and Co. but I feel like if we made plays at some of these stars (James Harden ring a bell?) and kept our core in tact (Dudley, Morris, Dragic, Scola, Gortat) we are a playoff team. We have two lottery picks this summer, if we use them right and sign a legitimate star or two and Sarver miraculously sells the team - we should be in good shape.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 6:38 PM
BANNED

Why would Memphis take on the bloated contract of Frye when they were wanting to unload payroll and it's not even a sure thing he will play again?

Are you a fan or do you actually know basketball?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Why would Memphis take on the bloated contract of Frye when they were wanting to unload payroll and it's not even a sure thing he will play again?

It was a hypothetical situation. If the Suns were going to take on a giant contract that Memphis didn't want (Gay), they would have most likely tried to unload a smaller one of their own (Frye). I actually know basketball pretty damn well and I definitely know the Suns. I typically don't click on threads when I see that you made the last post in an effort to avoid your waste of time content. Unfortunately, I made a mistake reading this one. Nice effort tho, bro. Go Suns.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 9:21 PM

Suns & trades

Quote:

At this point I don't trade unless some team that is in the hunt but has a low draft pick from a priors years trade they are willing to trade to the Suns so that their team can stay in the hunt. Then and only then should the Suns deal. At this point I say take this thing to the bottom and get a better draft pick and I say do that again next year unless the Suns come up huge with their lottery pick and hopefully that pick they have from the Lakers becomes a lottery pick. Other then the Lakers and Heat what team hasn't taken the thing to the bottom to get some great picks and then became something?
Look at Houston they created the lottery by sandbagging for Olajuwan and look at the Spurs they got lucky and got the first pick one year to get Duncan. The Suns have never ever had the luxury of that first pick and the access to a true big man in his prime. Maybe it's their turn but to get it you have to tank.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 9:36 PM

Hopefully we are garbage not just the rest of this year, but also next year. Next year's draft looks much stronger than this year's.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 9:56 PM
BANNED

yeah this year is yet another weak draft class, and something tells me the three stooges will use the pick on some defensive minded swingman who contributes nothing and becomes a journeyman in the NBA.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 10:05 PM

Earl clark III

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 10:13 PM

Hoping we can slide into the top 4 of the lottery this year. Outside of Noel, Zeller, McLemore and Muhammed this draft class is definitely weak sauce.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 10:27 PM
BANNED

Earl Clark is a bad ass lately.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest