HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 9:11 PM

Photos of Your Favorite Residential Streets

I thought it would be cool to have a photo thread dedicated to interesting residential streets in various cities. I'd like to see some cool residential streets and houses in Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, or anywhere represented by this subforum.

You could either post your own photos, or post google streetview pics, but it would be great to get a feel of some of the cool/historic/interesting streets that various cities have to offer.

Preferably just post one specific stretch of street - not an entire neighborhood (although you could do multiple streets from the same neighborhood).

Hopefully some of you will contribute. Even seeing just streetview screengrabs of your favorite streets would be great.

Here are some pics I took of Mt. Vernon Avenue in Prescott, AZ from Carleton St. to Sheldon St. It is just a couple blocks east of downtown/Whiskey Row, and has some great late 1800s - early 1900s homes. Prescott might have the most victorians in the entire region.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 11:48 PM
BANNED

What a great idea for a discussion topic!

Awesome neighborhood in Prescott!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 12:02 AM

Prescott is an awesome place. I love going there in the summer time. In many aspects, it feels more urban than many places in the valley.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
What a great idea for a discussion topic!

Awesome neighborhood in Prescott!
Hopefully others participate.

It's easy with google street view and screengrabs:

Here's a street I enjoy walking my dogs down in Coronado. 10th St between Virginia and Sheridan:

All: source - Google streetview

Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 7:49 PM

No photos to add here - BUT I did want to note that another awesome thing about Prescott is that there is a LARGE number of mature American Elm trees in the city - the blight that killed the vast majority of the rest of these trees across the USA never made it apparently!

Mt. Vernon has to be one of the most beautiful residential roads in the state, awesome photos!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2013, 7:45 PM

I took a few photos of Laguna Blvd SE in Albuquerque, near the Albuquerque County Club during my lunch hour today. I really enjoy this part of ABQ.

This one is a little fuzzy.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2013, 8:35 PM

Thanks for the pics! Looks like a great area. Albuquerque seems to be a mix of desert, alpine, and deciduous... at least it looks like it in different parts of the city.

I took the google street view car around Albuquerque a few times and found some cool historic neighborhood streets between old town and downtown.

If anyone else can't take pics, or screen grab from google street view of a street you like in your city, you can always just post a name and segment of a street so the rest of us can take a gsv tour on our own.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest