HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 8:32 PM

Idea for an independent Phoenix development forum

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the page, but the development forums are great. I've been interested in development for a long time, especially urban development. My wife and I are moving from Omaha to Phoenix in a couple weeks, and I thought I would suggest that the Phoenix development forum follow the example of a forum that I follow in Omaha, and get a little more organized. Every project would have its own thread.

It would spur more fluid discussion, and help to get more people interested in all the great things going on in Phoenix. Because the Phoenix thread is one continuous page, it makes it somewhat difficult to follow.

Any thoughts, ideas?

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/index.php

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 8:50 PM

SSP used to be like that long ago, until it evolved into what it is now. Actually, long ago there were maybe 3 or 4 main "subforums"... now there are dozens, so it's already gotten quite a bit more organized. But it's also evolved into what it is now, with a large "main" projects thread for most every city. Big specific projects can get their own thread too, but at this point in time there aren't many big projects going on in Phoenix.

Moderation of some forums out there are fine with tons of threads popping up, personally, I like how we have one big catch all thread, then if a noteworthy project comes around, we'll have a new thread created for that specific project. When every little thing out there gets it's own thread it clutters the board, and more likely than not, gets little to no response and eventually falls by the wayside.

On another note, I wish you well on your move! My wife is from Nebraska, it's a nice place.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveUrban View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the page, but the development forums are great. I've been interested in development for a long time, especially urban development. My wife and I are moving from Omaha to Phoenix in a couple weeks, and I thought I would suggest that the Phoenix development forum follow the example of a forum that I follow in Omaha, and get a little more organized. Every project would have its own thread.

It would spur more fluid discussion, and help to get more people interested in all the great things going on in Phoenix. Because the Phoenix thread is one continuous page, it makes it somewhat difficult to follow.

Any thoughts, ideas?

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/index.php
I agree, Phoenix deserves it a bit and more supertalls. BTW you'll love it in Phoenix, it's a great city

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 11:14 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breebloh View Post
I agree, Phoenix deserves it a bit and more supertalls. BTW you'll love it in Phoenix, it's a great city
Why does everyone always move to Phoenix at the worst possible time of the year? I moved here in January!

Welcome to Phoenix...as Breebloh said, you're gonna love it here

Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 1:30 AM

Welcome to Phoenix! And yeah that sounds like a solid idea!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 9:39 PM

Yea, just echoing PHX31 in saying that we haven't had a major project since... the Courts Tower? Which was in 2011.

But, at its peak, there were threads for it, OCPE, 44 Monroe, The Summit, etc.

We have 12+ projects "planned," but some have been planned for years now and dirt has yet to move. Once the shovel hits, you'll see dedicated threads. Otherwise, 6 threads with 2 posts isn't going to help the quality of the forum, IMO.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest