HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 5:36 PM

Thumbs up Post your BEST PHOTOS EVER

Please post the best SSP photos of all time. They can be of any subject.

Choose wisely! There is a posting limit of FIVE photos per user for the thread. That means you can only post five of your own photos total in this entire thread, ever! Please, only one photo per post (i.e., do not post all five photos at once).

This will keep the quality high and page load times quick while focusing attention on individual photos.

EDIT: You may also post what you think is the best work of another forum member (again, keep it to one photo per post). If others post one of your photos, it doesn't count against posting your own photos.

Last edited by flar; Jan 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 5:52 PM
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Please post your best photos of all time. They can be of any subject.

Choose wisely! There is a posting limit of FIVE photos per user for the thread. That means you can only post five photos total in this entire thread, ever! Please, only one photo per post (i.e., do not post all five photos at once).

This will keep the quality high and page load times quick while focusing attention on individual photos.
Well, one of mine is for historical purposes and just growing up in the 80's with the Space Shuttle.

NASA Boeing 747-123(SCA) (N905NA) & Space Shuttle Atlantis Orbiter (OV-104)

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 9:01 PM
arf

Agreed flar, but I think you should have made it, post another forumer's photo that you absolutely love and a link to the photothread it was in. It would give everyone a chance to catch up on some of the stuff they may have missed. I like this concept too, but only five. Hmmm...

I think my favourite photo I've taken recently is the iceberg blocking the harbour at Quidi Vidi.

It's just one of those photos that sums up where I live right now. Crappy weather, that outportishness, and the coldness and isolation that creeps up on me every now and then.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 12:23 AM
Bah!

^I have a photo I took very similar to yours, HIMS, that I took of a small settlement on the Baie Verte peninsula also in Newfoundland in '94. I won a $100 prize on it in an inter-office photo contest at my workplace soon after. They had it blown up to 30x20 and framed and it hung in the office for the next few years. I got to take it with me after I left the company and it's currently hanging in my foyer.

But I don't have it on my computer or Photobucket account so you'll just have to believe me.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 11:43 AM
Registered Loser

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 2:12 PM
I'm Back!

Both photos posted below mine are simply amazing photos guys! Great work and awesome use of a great eye!!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 3:05 PM

Great photos guys. Space travel + loneliness and isolation.

I'm still thinking about which of my own to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Agreed flar, but I think you should have made it, post another forumer's photo that you absolutely love and a link to the photothread it was in. It would give everyone a chance to catch up on some of the stuff they may have missed. I like this concept too, but only five. Hmmm...
I like the idea of posting other people's photos. I will make some edits to the instructions.
We'll see how it goes with five of your own for now, I just want to see great photos and prevent people from posting fifty shots.

I'm also interested in seeing how one photo can tell a story. So many of my own photos don't really stand alone, they need to be shown as a set, which is sort of the style on this site. I'd like to see something different and challenge myself and others at the same time.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 3:16 PM
Mooderator

This is one of my favourites. my wife at sunset on the atlantic ocean, before I was married, before I had a kid (and another one coming in a couple of months), before the family station wagon... just looking at this makes me relaxed. I actually have it in a frame on my desk for just that purpose.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 4:40 PM
JFDinJax, founded c.1998

I can't seem to find some of my favorites. I really need to get more organized!

Oh well, you said we can have five, so I'll start with one I can find.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 6:18 PM

One of my favourites, the CN marshalling yard in Hamilton. The rusty fall colours match perfectly with the train cars and are accentuated by the foggy, overcast weather.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
This is one of my favourites. my wife at sunset on the atlantic ocean, before I was married, before I had a kid (and another one coming in a couple of months), before the family station wagon... just looking at this makes me relaxed. I actually have it in a frame on my desk for just that purpose.

When life was less complicated...

Great shot, looks good in black and white.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 9:28 PM
urbanmarinade.com

This is probably one of the best shots I've ever taken. The clouds that day were absolutely perfect!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 10:40 PM

Class.

One of my own favourites is an abandoned
boat starved of the sea in west of Ireland..

Old Posted Jan 9, 2010, 3:34 PM
Watchin em grow

So far. But I just got back from a trip and have 800 new snaps to go through

Old Posted Jan 20, 2010, 7:04 AM
reticulating splines

Some amazing work all around.

Liking the color and shadows on those stairs.

Let's see what I've got...now do they have to have been posted on SSP previously?

I do know this one has...

The blur in the middle is someone walking in the frame. The building in the background is the Kirby Building at Main Street and Lamar in Downtown Houston; the reflection is on a marble surface in Main Street Square.

Check out: Dayton - Columbus - DC - New Orleans - West Virginia - Annapolis - Dallas - Houston - Austin - Indianapolis - Pittsburgh

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 8:36 PM
arf

This one is from one of my first photo threads I ever posted on skyscraperpage. I must have snapped a dozen shots of the daffodils that were planted on the upslope beside the I-40/I-64 in St. Louis, MO, then I snapped one more just as the orange semitrailer whizzed by. It's still one of my favourite images. I was a bit disappointed when olga's entry beat it out in the Contrasting Juxtaposition photo contest.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 8:43 PM
arf

And one from olga whose style I've always admired.

From her Swedish Countryside photothread. There's some photos missing from it now, but it's still worth a look.

I haven't seen her around the boards much recently and I know she was annoyed with some people in a couple of threads. I wish people hadn't annoyed her into disappearing from the forum. A real loss for the photography sections.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 11:47 PM
Bah!

Yep, I also miss Olga and her beautiful photos.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2010, 2:04 PM

I've always liked this one by giovanni sasso, another old school forumer we don't see much anymore

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=123585

Old Posted Jan 22, 2010, 3:31 PM

It drives me crazy because all I can find now is the reduced resolution version of this picture. Took it in August 2004 just a couple days before leaving Hiroshima after living there for a year. I hope I have a backup somewhere...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography