HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Inside Look: KCRB

In the changing South Waterfront district, construction continues on the site for the Knight Cancer Research Building along Moody Avenue — even in the pre-dawn hours.

"We did a concrete pour at 3 o'clock in the morning Thursday morning," said Jeremy Harteloo, carpenter foreman on the KCRB. "We're here extra early if need be, we're here extra late to watch and oversee the quality on the concrete pours."

He lives on the Vancouver side, and has been working in Portland for the past three years.
...continues at the Business Tribune.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 7:10 PM

OHSU photo Update

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 5:24 AM

Kcrb

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 5:25 AM

CHH South

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 4:48 PM

KCRB
glazing in foreground

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 3:38 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Article in the DJC about the VA hospital's plan to remodel. Full seismic remodel, estimated to cost between $850 million to $1 billion.

Sorry, don't have access to it online. There wasn't that much design details in it.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 8:12 PM

Early drawings [PDF - 80 MB] and memo for Elk's Children's Eye Clinic

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Early drawings [PDF - 80 MB] and memo for Elk's Children's Eye Clinic
I like the placeholder rectangles in there for a future patient tower. It's amazing to me that they keep growing up on the hill. Everything they build requires the demolition of something else. It's been that way for a long time too!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 1:49 AM

Taken January 2nd. I meant to take a photo of the OHSU parking garage as well, but was so distracted by how ugly it was that I forgot.

While walking between the new tower and the existing health & wellness center tower I got a sense of urban enclosure you don't really get elsewhere in Portland... the aerial walkway above combined with the only 2 lane road between them really heightened that feeling.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 8:38 AM
A before E

I was just down there today, it is really impressive how modern, urban the whole area is becoming. The new garage didn't distract me too much, sure it is ugly, but its location, it will hopefully be surrounded by buildings bigger. Currently with it under construction, it just looks like any other building under construction. Overall, I am impressed with the architecture OHSU has been building down in the SoWa District.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
The new garage didn't distract me too much, sure it is ugly, but its location, it will hopefully be surrounded by buildings bigger.
Funny you say that. I was walking through there with a coworker and he was immediately drawn to the parking garage and said "that's cool!". It's so true... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_PDXer View Post
Funny you say that. I was walking through there with a coworker and he was immediately drawn to the parking garage and said "that's cool!". It's so true... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..
My partner did the same thing this weekend when we passed through. I was there to check out the CHH South's curtain wall.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
I was there to check out the CHH South's curtain wall.
I know it’s only January, but I would like to announce the winner of the most SSP Portland sentence of the year.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:25 AM

The year is young.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 8:21 PM

OHSU Elk's Children's Eye Clinic drawings Part I [50 MB], Part II [12 MB] and Part III [144 MB] and Staff Report, which recommends approval. Renderings are in part III.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Photos: Inside the Knight Cancer Research Building

A ceremony was held Friday to celebrate the grand opening of the Knight Cancer Research Building, a $190 million facility on Southwest Moody Avenue in Portland’s South Waterfront. A joint venture of Andersen Construction and McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. built the SRG Partnership-designed project for Oregon Health Sciences University.

The seven-story structure houses laboratory and office space with capacity for 650 employees, including experimentalists, technicians, researchers and support staffers, united under one roof with the mission of working collaboratively to eradicate cancer.

...continues at the DJC (no paywall).

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 4:21 AM

awesome!!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Team comes together to aid fight against cancer

For the Knight Cancer Research Building to open, all it took was a gradual transformation of Portland’s South Waterfront District from shipyard scrapping to health care, intensive transportation infrastructure spending and a $500 million donation from Nike billionaire Phil Knight to kick-start fundraising.

Now all the people inside the building have to do is cure cancer.

Oregon Health & Science University’s latest project will open to the public on Monday. Already, employees have begun to move in. The seven-story, 320,000-square-foot building fronting Southwest Moody Avenue will soon have 450 employees, with capacity for 650.

The building’s opening is the culmination of a joint venture by Andersen Construction and St. Louis-based McCarthy Building Companies Inc. OHSU used the integrated project delivery method, bringing in the contractors along with architecture firm SRG Partnership early in the process.
...continues at the DJC (temporarily unlocked).

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 8:47 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for a new building on Marquam Hill:

Quote:
A Pre-Application Conference to discuss construction of a 14 story building on the site of the former School of Dentistry on the OHSU campus. The project is an expansion of inpatient services. Approximately 200 to 300 parking spaces are proposed for use by patients as part of the project.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 10:06 PM

CHH South

Last edited by MarkDaMan; Nov 25, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland