HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Oct 29, 2016, 3:56 PM

With the Old Oak Richmond tower proposal out there now what does that do for Auburn in their plans for the tower on Wellington? Helps their case to get approval or makes them give up due to competition?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 9:01 AM

Public information session is being held Station Park Inn Wednesday evening between 6 and 8 PM. I'm fairly certain ACO London heritage people will be in attendance which is unfortunate.

https://twitter.com/WoodfieldLdn/sta...200960/photo/1

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 10:25 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Updated render for the Auborn proposal

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 11:26 PM

Looks like they have reduced the height. Now 20-21s it appears from rendering. Early plan was for 25s I believe. They may have also increased the breadth so they may have the same number of units as a 25s would.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 5:46 AM

I still can't quite make out where this will go. Are they going to have to tear down any of the beautiful homes surrounding the park because if so then this should be categorically turned down.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I still can't quite make out where this will go. Are they going to have to tear down any of the beautiful homes surrounding the park because if so then this should be categorically turned down.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.99010...7i13312!8i6656

that is where this is planned to go, I assume both buildings marked 560 & 562 would be torn down so this really should not affect any housing.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 2:19 PM

http://www.theqvonthepark.com/

Support the project

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 2:35 PM
Midtowner since 2K

IMO, this proposal sounds good for London and the immediate area, although 560 Wellington is a fair building to tear down. The café seems like a large contributer to the immediate area, although more people within this building will support local businesses. Overall, this is a nice development, even if the podium isn't so wonderous.

EDIT:I supported the project, although they won't be taking seriously a letter from the GTA XD

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 1:32 PM

Much like the Rygar project, this development from Auburn has been modified a number of times to meet concessions both by counselors and residents who live in the area.

I have to imagine this will get a green light sooner than later, if they were not serious they would have walked away years ago...hope to see some action on this one soon.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 5:26 PM

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 11:22 PM

They need to hurry up if they want to get ahead of Old Oak. Not sure Rygar's project will happen now given todays news. Or Southside's project on King or the one on Clarence. Both of these appear to be stalled.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 10:03 PM

I don't see any real reasons the nimbys are giving that should derail this project.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/01/08/wo...rk-is-approved

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 12:30 AM

History shows that high density infill tends to occur in downtown cores. When you choose to live downtown, you subsequently choose to live near present and future high density development. I'm not sure why this would come as a surprise to those who live in Woodfield.

And then to attempt to disguise it as concern for Victoria Park!? LOL come on! That park could use more people in it. It sits empty 3/4s of the year. I'm sure the "health" of the park will be just fine.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 5:46 AM

LOL, Central Park in New York City is just awful. Everyone there hates it and never uses it. All because of tall buildings surrounding it. Bet NYC wishes they just had Wolfe Street instead.

I say surround it with a bunch of classy 25 - 37 floor buildings!! The NIMBYs need to move to Stratford.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 3:52 PM

^^^ no doubt right!

I think this is a perfect example where the city needs to step in and put their foot down. This is downtown, surrounding our park. It is strange to me that more high rises are not being built in this area.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 11:30 PM

Concern for the Park - Good Grief. How long will it be after this is built and the tenants start complaining about noise in the park from the summer events that take place there. Because you know that we moved into this tower and were not aware that the park hosts festivals every summer. The politicians that pay lip service to those folks should be removed from office the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by database View Post
History shows that high density infill tends to occur in downtown cores. When you choose to live downtown, you subsequently choose to live near present and future high density development. I'm not sure why this would come as a surprise to those who live in Woodfield.

And then to attempt to disguise it as concern for Victoria Park!? LOL come on! That park could use more people in it. It sits empty 3/4s of the year. I'm sure the "health" of the park will be just fine.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 11:50 PM

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 3:33 PM

Looks like London's very own Twitterati is against this proposal too. Saw a petition against it this morning. Poor Tanya Park can't catch a break.

Funny these are the same people who are all gung-ho about the London Plan and infill..? Is that not what this proposal is?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:35 PM

http://www.london.ca/business/Planni...ic-Meeting.pdf

Hopefully this gets approved. They advertised all over the place with information about this project more then any of the other buildings.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 11:20 PM

Staff recommend declining this proposal by Auburn. They plan to change it yet again in meeting on Monday.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/05/07/ci...n-to-the-other

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates