HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
does anyone know if there will be lights on the bypass?(maybe LED). I emailed them a while ago and no one has responded back.
I'd be really surprised if they don't have lighting.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 5:10 PM
arf

It's a pretty long section of highway really with nothing around it, I have a feeling it will only be lit when needed and around the overpasses. Much like the dark section of the Ring Road that is between Assiniboia Avenue and Albert Street in Regina.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
It's a pretty long section of highway really with nothing around it, I have a feeling it will only be lit when needed and around the overpasses. Much like the dark section of the Ring Road that is between Assiniboia Avenue and Albert Street in Regina.
The section between Assiniboine (really all the way from Victoria) and south Albert is provincial highway, not urban street, so that might play a role in whether it's lighted or not.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 8:46 PM
arf

^Good point. It's weird that that is part of the provincial system there. The newer section between Albert and Lewvan is lighted if I recall. I don't drive at night very often so I might be mistaken. Then again I just don't drive much anymore at all.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Shouldn't information like that be posted on the government's website? There should be detailed design documents that spell out every last detail.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
The section between Assiniboine (really all the way from Victoria) and south Albert is provincial highway, not urban street, so that might play a role in whether it's lighted or not.
It was my understanding the province gave that back to the city within that last few years. Or at least they were planning on doing so.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Shouldn't information like that be posted on the government's website? There should be detailed design documents that spell out every last detail.
Governments everywhere follow the same line. Tell everyone how they believe in transparency but then make it extremely difficult for citizens to find any info. Lately they have been hiding behind the privacy excuse.

I give the Bypass some slack though as they were still designing it as they built it.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 5:54 PM

From Regina Bypass Partners:

Quote:
Bypass is 43% done. Will result in 70% less traffic on Vic Ave E when done. South portion 50% done

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 6:08 PM
Hmm....

I'm a little sceptical on the 70% figure. I'm sure they've done studies to estimate it, but that seems quite high.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 6:21 PM

I wonder if the Husky in the east end is thinking of moving to another location?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I wonder if the Husky in the east end is thinking of moving to another location?
Already happened once. They used to be where Home Depot is now.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm a little sceptical on the 70% figure. I'm sure they've done studies to estimate it, but that seems quite high.
Studies are in the 1-2%. There's a reason the Sask Party has refused to release the studies.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yeah, if they cherry picked a number from a particular time of day, say 12am to 1am at night, I might believe 70%. Over a 24hr day factoring in both morning and return home traffic - no way will the bypass reduce traffic on Vic East by 70%.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
Yeah, if they cherry picked a number from a particular time of day, say 12am to 1am at night, I might believe 70%. Over a 24hr day factoring in both morning and return home traffic - no way will the bypass reduce traffic on Vic East by 70%.
Are they saying that 70% of traffic on Vic East is "just passing through" with no plans to stop?

Yeah, that's a BS number.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Governments everywhere follow the same line. Tell everyone how they believe in transparency but then make it extremely difficult for citizens to find any info. Lately they have been hiding behind the privacy excuse.

I give the Bypass some slack though as they were still designing it as they built it.
I looked for the info on the SK government website last night--what a joke that site is. I did find this page that mentions corridor lighting. Jump to Section 6 and then look under "Operations and maintenance."

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents...te-partnership

The AB government provides a ton of info on projects. For example here's the page that provides links to all of the DBFO Agreement and Schedules for the current leg of AB201 that's being built around SW Calgary.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/6001.htm

I'm surprised SK doesn't have the Regina Bypass agreement posted. When people see the full extent of the rules, regulations, etc. that these consortiums have to follow they tend to stop with the meaningless criticism of P3 projects.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Studies are in the 1-2%. There's a reason the Sask Party has refused to release the studies.
If the studies haven't been released then how do you know the figure is only 1 to 2%?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
If the studies haven't been released then how do you know the figure is only 1 to 2%?
The reports have floated around internally, just never made public.

If the 70% figure was true, wouldn't it be politically smart to release it? If ANY large number was the case, wouldn't they release it?

Once you account for growth in White Butte, the likelihood is that the Bypass worsens traffic on Victoria.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Wasn't Flying J looking at a big truck stop. Also I think PetroCan is building one at W. Bypass and #1.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Are they saying that 70% of traffic on Vic East is "just passing through" with no plans to stop?

Yeah, that's a BS number.
It is from the LP and not a direct quote of RBP. They may have misunderstood. Maybe they meant 70% of through traffic will use the new bypass.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Wasn't Flying J looking at a big truck stop. Also I think PetroCan is building one at W. Bypass and #1.
Flying J built at Balgonie instead.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan