HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

1601 Vine Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 12:19 AM

Since it is on the east side of the Parkway it will be very noticceable from the Art Museum. That view toward City Hall has become very lopsided with the addition of Comcast Center.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 4:15 PM
Corporate logo

Fun with Google

I placed a model of 1601 Vine (approximation based on recent renderings) in Google Earth to see the impact it would have on the skyline from various angles. 1601 Vine is the blue building.

Aerial view looking to the south and west.

Same view but lower angle.

Looking to the south and west.

Looking to the north and east.

Looking to the south and west.

North and west.

Looking north and east.

Looking due east.

Lastly, a view from the steps of the Art Museum.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 4:19 PM
resu deretsiger

^sh'yeah

i'm diggin the updated design. whole foods is practically the greatest supermarket around albeit a bit expensive

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35 View Post
^^ CondoGuru, do you have any knowledge of this project?
I only have limited information on this project. A friend of mine who worked on the St. James is on the development team for this project. Judging from past Metro projects, they tend to use in-house sales and marketing teams, but with the Intercontinental component, that might demand a more seasoned, experienced group with knowlegde of the brand.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 6:14 PM

^^ And do you have any idea of what the probability is of this project being built?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 1:11 AM

Love the view from the art museum. I always hoped to see something more substantial to the left of city hall. It will look better if Parkway 22 gets built.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 3:07 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

beautiful job swine......I wish I could run that program but my current desktop just can't handle it. Are you just approximating the height of the building or are you able to plug in the actual dimensions?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 6:43 AM

real talent

Awesome job, Swineman. I especially like how you squashed the cars in that lot.

Now, for your next assignment - should you choose to accept it - can you do THAT with Cira South? Please?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Are you just approximating the height of the building or are you able to plug in the actual dimensions?
Actual dimensions. 1601 is represented as 530'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks native View Post
Now, for your next assignment - should you choose to accept it - can you do THAT with Cira South? Please?
I'd love to when I get the time.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 3:57 PM

Good job, Swiney. I like the updated design, too. Much more modern and appears to be higher quality.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 4:15 PM

The latest I've heard is that its moving forward. I will not speculate as to what that means or if it's true until we see concrete rising out of the ground. But it was confirmed that Intercontinental has committed and that the condos will be Intercontinental Residences. The sales and marketing will also be handled by Intercontinental, NOT Metro. This is a huge sign of how serious they are because that group is very well-seasoned and not cheap to work with. If Grasso is using them, they are serious about the success of the project, and not cutting corners by using a local broker not equipped to marketing and selling something this huge. I didn't get any pricing information as I've been told that they're still working on the unit mix for the residences. But the hotel committment definitely accounts for at least two-thirds of the total square footage and is enough to get this off the ground.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 5:34 PM

1601 moving forward

I recently email the sales office and asked for the marketing package that would be given to perspective tenants. I indicated that i give architectural tours and lectures as a voluinteer for The Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks and would use the info to add this building to our Skyscraper tour. It came in the mail today. Some months ago i did the same thing and nothing happened. I would take this as a positive aign that things are happening.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 2:50 PM
Hello

Good to hear that people are hearing that it is moving forward and that there are positive signs that this project is going to happen. I had a feeling all along it would happen based on the hotel and Best Buy/supermarket retail component of it.

Fantastic job to Swinefeld simulating it in our skyline!

I believe the largest impact will be when you are coming west up Vine Street toward the museum area. A 500+ footer will look impressive from that vantage.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 7:54 PM

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 8:07 PM
Big 'n Tall geek

Swinefeld -

You've outdone yourself - the renderings are fantastic.

Gia

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 9:31 PM
SkyscraperSunset.com

Great job Swinefeld.

How did you come up with the orientation in the lot? Just a guess? The way you have it, the Best Buy entrance would be on the NE corner, which I don't think is likely. I don't know why, but for some reason I pictured it rotated by 90 degrees clockwise. The tallest tip of the tower would be on the SW corner, and the Best Buy entrance would be at the SE corner.

Not to split hairs, but I made a rendering and I want it to be correct.

What does everyone think?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:07 PM
HERO

judging by the size of the lot, id say that if it takes up the whole lot, the whole foods/best buy enerance would be at the SE corner. of course i dont know for sure, but that seems to make sense to me.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 11:56 PM

This is what it would like with Phase Two complete:

I, too, think the Whole Foods entrance is on the SE corner and the phase one tower would run along Franklin Towne Blvd.

From: http://www.edzuck.com/default.aspx?p...focus=0&link=1

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 4:20 PM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPhilly View Post
Great job Swinefeld.

How did you come up with the orientation in the lot? Just a guess? The way you have it, the Best Buy entrance would be on the NE corner, which I don't think is likely. I don't know why, but for some reason I pictured it rotated by 90 degrees clockwise. The tallest tip of the tower would be on the SW corner, and the Best Buy entrance would be at the SE corner.

Not to split hairs, but I made a rendering and I want it to be correct.

What does everyone think?
MJ, don't take my placement/positioning too literally. I don't know exactly how the buildings are going to sit on that lot. What I wanted to do is show what a 530' building would look like at that location from various angles. Even the design is an approximation. When I get a better grip on the details I will update the renderings.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondoGuru View Post
The latest I've heard is that its moving forward. I will not speculate as to what that means or if it's true until we see concrete rising out of the ground. But it was confirmed that Intercontinental has committed and that the condos will be Intercontinental Residences. The sales and marketing will also be handled by Intercontinental, NOT Metro. This is a huge sign of how serious they are because that group is very well-seasoned and not cheap to work with. If Grasso is using them, they are serious about the success of the project, and not cutting corners by using a local broker not equipped to marketing and selling something this huge. I didn't get any pricing information as I've been told that they're still working on the unit mix for the residences. But the hotel committment definitely accounts for at least two-thirds of the total square footage and is enough to get this off the ground.
Wow...very exciting, indeed. Thanks for the info.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive