HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 5:55 PM
User Registered

I think its going to be a 5-story parking garage with a green roof, providing a rec area for residents of the two towers.

I believe the city signed a 25-year lease for it as well.

And I agree with GTN. I don't want downtown London to become a giant block of concrete.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 6:02 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
I think its going to be a 5-story parking garage with a green roof, providing a rec area for residents of the two towers.

I believe the city signed a 25-year lease for it as well.

And I agree with GTN. I don't want downtown London to become a giant block of concrete.
Cool! Ya, I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a moratorium on taller residential buildings downtown and see more of a focus in high quality, lowrise infill.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
I agree, that said I think these towers were a needed step in order to prove that Londoner's do in fact want to live downtown in higher end buildings. I think with the success Tricar is having you are going to start seeing more high end proposals for downtown once this tower is completed. Either from Tricar or ideally bringing in other big developers.

Maybe Farhi will build his 30+ glass condo lol

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post

Maybe Farhi will build his 30+ glass condo lol
Yeah... let's not hold our breath on that one..

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazDeH View Post
Yeah... let's not hold our breath on that one..
We would all be dead by the time that happens unfortunately

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 1:35 AM
Beefeater

Yeah Glass towers are wonderful, just ask all the people in Toronto living in the glass towers in the 10 to 15 year old range. They love their 10's of thousands of dollars in special assessments.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 8:14 PM

Drove by this afternoon actually looks really good coming down York St...I like the fact they are different, #2 has it's windows almost looking like 2 big panes running from top to bottom. Did not look like that last week but looks good I think

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 4:09 AM
bro

Smile

Quote:
Drove by this afternoon actually looks really good coming down York St...I like the fact they are different, #2 has it's windows almost looking like 2 big panes running from top to bottom. Did not look like that last week but looks good I think
Yeah, it doesn't look bad down York. The material between the windows was painted black, same as Renaissance 1. Here's a crappy picture I took the other night:

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognium View Post
Yeah, it doesn't look bad down York. The material between the windows was painted black, same as Renaissance 1. Here's a crappy picture I took the other night:
Nice thanks for that, I did not realize #1 was the same guess I never paid attention.

Speaking of York St and kinda off topic, but does anyone know what is going in across from the Beal football field? Driving by yesterday all I could catch was "York Centre" and the old building was being demo'd

Old Posted Sep 9, 2012, 10:55 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Speaking of York St and kinda off topic, but does anyone know what is going in across from the Beal football field? Driving by yesterday all I could catch was "York Centre" and the old building was being demo'd
I don't know for sure, but I heard a rumor that another methadone clinic would be going there.

As for Ren II, seeing that they copied what they did for Ren I was a pleasant surprise! Now as long as we get some decent retail going at the base, and the parking garage between the two buildings isn't too ugly, I will have no complaints!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2012, 4:00 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^I like that red roaster cafe in the base of Ren1

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 4:53 AM
bro

Smile

Some from last weekend:

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 9:58 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

^Thanks for the update Bolognium!

Kinda sad to see the crane taken down now. Its lights have been a welcome part of the downtown skyline for a while now.

Last edited by Simpseatles; Jan 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2013, 4:20 AM
bro

Smile

I'm sad to see the crane go as well. It really added to the view from my hallway window, it's definitely not the same now that the crane's gone.

Here's the view in August '11 (also notice that the cool skylight bottom-left is gone in the later pictures):

This one was taken a few nights before the crane was taken down:

Here's the crane the morning before it was removed. You can also see the jack section at the top, used to raise/lower the crane by adding/removing new sections:

And this one's just a personal favourite from this past summer:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Anybody know how Tim Best's loansharking business is faring? I've heard that the food at Fryday Night-Lights tastes as bad as the patio looks.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 4:42 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

From yesterday:

The second tower must be almost finished now. Anyone know if people have started moving in yet?

Old Posted May 20, 2013, 10:32 PM

I was on Tricars website and it says that the Ren 2 condo project is 95% sold out. I'm quite surprised by this. Is the building totally finished? Could another condo tower be on its way if this has been so successful?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates