HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 7:50 AM

December 1, 2017

Lots of progress on the demolition of the garage. Since I have never been in the garage it is a revelation to me.

December 1, 2017 - Trinity Place IV Demolition by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Lots of progress on the demolition of the garage. Since I have never been in the garage it is a revelation to me.

December 1, 2017 - Trinity Place IV Demolition by Apollo's Light, on Flickr
Here ya go, Jerry:

Quote:
502-Unit Phase 4 of Trinity Place in San Francisco Breaks Ground

Trinity Properties, founded by Angelo and Yvonne Sangiacomo in the early 1960s, has started construction on the fourth phase of the Trinity Place apartment complex in San Francisco. The newest phase of the complex is located at 1177 Market Street.

The property owner sees tremendous value in Trinity Plaza’s irreplaceable location. “It spans an entire side of 8th Street between Market and Mission, in the heart of San Francisco’s burgeoning Mid-Market district. It’s home to tech innovators including Twitter, Square and Uber. It is located within steps to BART and MUNI Civic Center stations, just one black from the EA and Google shuttle stops and is close to the 101 and 280 Freeway entrances. It’s across the street from the Orpheum Theater and close to the Westfield Shopping Center and Union Square. The phenomenal location and high-quality units and amenities allow residents working in San Francisco or elsewhere in the Bay Area the ability to enjoy all that San Francisco has to offer,” said James Goody, chief financial officer for Trinity Properties.

The initial work on Phase 4 was recently started. The expectation is that the new apartment complex will be open by June of 2021. There will be a total of 502 units in the complex with a mix of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom units developed over 17 stories. It will also have a three-story underground parking garage with 275 spaces and over 60,000 square feet of retail space.
Source: http://news.theregistrysf.com/502-un...breaks-ground/

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 10:52 AM

Dec. 11, 2017 - destruction moving at a fast pace!

View from my window 2 blocks away.

2017_12_11 - Trinity Place by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 7:39 AM

The Big Blue Thing

I've never seen a construction like this one before.

Trinity Place - The Big Blue Thing by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 12:02 AM

December 29, 2017

A lot happening on the site now!

December 30, 2017 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 12:48 AM

Thanks, Jerry!

So great to finally see this gap filled in on Market. I'm sure, given your view, you feel the same.

Also, while I'm not in love with the overall design/project, I am glad they're sticking with the original design (below) as opposed to some of the newer renderings that were thrown around:

Source

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 1:24 AM

Quote:
A lot happening on the site now!
So did you figure out what the big blue thing is?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 7:55 AM

1977 - If the final build is the picture you posted I will be very happy. And yes, glad to see that blank spot filled after too many years! This will be the last major build in my near view.

pseudolus - from my last photo posted it is a crane on caterpillar wheels. Unusual & obviously a temporary crane. The first time I have seen one like that on the job site.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
1977 - If the final build is the picture you posted I will be very happy. And yes, glad to see that blank spot filled after too many years! This will be the last major build in my near view.

pseudolus - from my last photo posted it is a crane on caterpillar wheels. Unusual & obviously a temporary crane. The first time I have seen one like that on the job site.
It's called a "crawler crane" and they're pretty common. There's an almost identical one (to my untrained eye) on the Oceanwide site.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
It's called a "crawler crane" and they're pretty common. There's an almost identical one (to my untrained eye) on the Oceanwide site.
pseudolus - thanks for the identification of the "critter"

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I am glad they're sticking with the original design (below) as opposed to some of the newer renderings that were thrown around
We know this for sure? If so, I also am glad . . .and relieved.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
We know this for sure? If so, I also am glad . . .and relieved.
This is from Feb of last year:

Quote:
San Francisco’s Mid-Market — that long-blighted zone now starting to boom — has just survived a narrow escape.

The close call was at Eighth and Market streets, where a slab of 500 apartments was approved in 2006 as part of a larger project. After a prolonged effort to water down the dense but dynamic design, the developers have turned back the clock and embraced their original scheme.

-------------

Fortunately, the Planning Department refused to let the approved designs be diluted. And on Friday, Fort-Brescia met with planning staff to present a revision that, essentially, is 2006 all over again. The portal is back, as is the cantilever above the void. The storefronts along Market are more varied, and there’s room for a two-level grocery store that would connect to the concourse at the Civic Center BART Station.

Quote:
The current proposal for the final phase of Trinity Place, which is set to rise across from UN Plaza and the Orpheum Theatre at 8th and Market streets. The cantilevered summit and through-block portal in the renderings shown to city planners in February of 2016 are a return to the approved 2006 design; last year, the developer proposed a much less adventurous slab.
I guess it's not 100% in stone, but we'll find out soon enough.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 6:21 PM

Was the "hole" supposed to be in the building at the corner of 8th & Mission because that was the Architectonica trademark we didn't get if so.

http://static.flickr.com/52/150075932_fdafecd0c8_o.jpg

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Was the "hole" supposed to be in the building at the corner of 8th & Mission because that was the Architectonica trademark we didn't get if so.

http://static.flickr.com/52/150075932_fdafecd0c8_o.jpg
Yeah, I think we just get the big 'gap' on the market street side as pictured above.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 4:41 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Yeah, I think we just get the big 'gap' on the market street side as pictured above.
the hole was originally on the 8th St side, as can be seen in these pics from much earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
Photos by SFView:

I haven't been by there in a while, but I think it was VE'd out, i.e., already lost when they constructed that building not according to original scope. but someone pls correct me if it's there.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 7:55 AM
Surrounded by Nature

The second building was allowed to be built as a stand alone; I think it’s by far the worst, especially when viewed from further west on Mission. The third building was built later, again as a stand alone structure.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 8:04 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
I was surprised how squat the new building looks from farther down Mission, as I was walking over there yesterday. hadn't noticed that before

and, the windows have been removed from the older building(s?), so maybe demolition is imminent there finally (tho I am not as enthusiastic as I used to be about what will replace it):

Your post from May 3, 2013.
It’s too bad so many guys have not maintained their photo accounts because there are many posting with blank spaces now.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 10:11 AM

Pile Driver 01/04/2018

A pile drive has been brought onto the job site. I will soon hear some noise in my apartment 2 blocks away.

I had quite a jolt in the Fox Plaza on the 27th floor yesterday from the earthquake! I was awake when it happened.

Trinity Place January 4, 2018 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 1:11 AM

1st Steel Supports for Foundation 1/12/2018

The steel support look to be about 8 stories tall!

First Foundation Supports 2017_01_12 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

Night Work - 1/19/2018 Trinity Place IV

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive