HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 6:11 AM

This will be the third tower over 150 metres in this not so long ago nondescript corner of Metro-Vancouver.

Tower height of 406’ is a typo, it is actually 161 metres.

The U/C tower just the northwest is 162 metres.

Another recent proposal adjacent to this proposal (Burquitlam Park) is 155 metres.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 12:30 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Man.....the Vancouver metro/suburbs are getting some huge proposals.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 12:10 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Cheapened, but fitting for where it is

Now that this Missingsausage project is selling into it's second tower, new renders have come, and it fits the area perfectly:
[IMG]BEN by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:57 PM

Why does Mississauga keep doing this? Building towers set back from their main artery. The towers look fine but the should be rotated 180 degrees so the set backs are on the Hurontario side.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:59 PM

Charlotte in Griffintown along the Lachine canal

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:03 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Why does Mississauga keep doing this? Building towers set back from their main artery. The towers look fine but the should be rotated 180 degrees so the set backs are on the Hurontario side.
Keep in mind this render is really quite inaccurate. The third tower will be right along Hurontario, not the second. This proposal in its entirety is quite poorly planned, but I could care less for where it is.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:52 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Now that this Missingsausage project is selling into it's second tower, new renders have come, and it fits the area perfectly:
[IMG]BEN by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
Looks like Sim City.

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:53 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
New phases for Pinnacle Uptown in Mississauga. The next phase to be built will be called Watergarden, directly across from Amber Condos. They're both quite tall and don't look too bad given what is already in the area. They're beefing up the density along the future Hurontario LRT.

This is also Sim City-esque.

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 5:06 PM
Midtowner since 2K

That Montreal proposal looks pretty fair. Architecturally it's subtle, but the middle part looks the most structured/alright. It respects it's location.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 7:24 PM

The Mississauga proposals do look a little sim cityesque, but I don't mind them actually. They're not spectacular by any means, they look sleek enough that they may work. The edge tower 2 reminds me of buildings in Rotterdam a bit.
They appear as though they are fronted on Hurontario from the render. Mississauga gets a lot of flack on the forum, but the city has to work with what it has knowing it was a flawed design to begin with. There has been some progress on streetscapes, but a lot of patience it seems is needed.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
The Mississauga proposals do look a little sim cityesque, but I don't mind them actually. They're not spectacular by any means, they look sleek enough that they may work. The edge tower 2 reminds me of buildings in Rotterdam a bit.
They appear as though they are fronted on Hurontario from the render. Mississauga gets a lot of flack on the forum, but the city has to work with what it has knowing it was a flawed design to begin with. There has been some progress on streetscapes, but a lot of patience it seems is needed.
What gets built in Mississauga is definitely SimCity-like and cold. I think it's a decent theme though, it suits the city well. Realistically we don't have much heratige or classic looking stuff (save for maybe Port Credit or Streetsville) and all of the buildings that try to emulate it look like crap, so it's not a bad look to go glassy and ultramodern when basically building everything from scratch.

It's definitely not perfect in the way of streetscape planning and it never will be because of the nature of the city, but at least we can still make the towers look alright. I hope streetscaping improves in the future.

Also, the two Edge buildings are incorrectly rendered, the tallest (phase 3) is supposed to be the one fronting Hurontario street, the flat top one is supposed to be the middle, unless they've changed that.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
What gets built in Mississauga is definitely SimCity-like and cold. I think it's a decent theme though, it suits the city well. Realistically we don't have much heratige or classic looking stuff (save for maybe Port Credit or Streetsville) and all of the buildings that try to emulate it look like crap, so it's not a bad look to go glassy and ultramodern when basically building everything from scratch.

It's definitely not perfect in the way of streetscape planning and it never will be because of the nature of the city, but at least we can still make the towers look alright. I hope streetscaping improves in the future.

Also, the two Edge buildings are incorrectly rendered, the tallest (phase 3) is supposed to be the one fronting Hurontario street, the flat top one is supposed to be the middle, unless they've changed that.
I think you're right.. that's how i remember it too.. Phase 3, the tallest should be fronting Hurontario along the future LRT

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
I think you're right.. that's how i remember it too.. Phase 3, the tallest should be fronting Hurontario along the future LRT
Yeah, the shortest one is right next to a park on the one end of the property and the tallest is the one on Hurontario. They definitely screwed up the rendering. For this project, I've been disappointed with the cost cutting and lack of quality control with the renderings. I'm sure the towers will look good but I prefer the previous designs that they had for them.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 9:10 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
More renders. It'd be cool if this gets built, but given the track records of our city's developers I don't have high hopes...

http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/one-delisle

Oh my G that is a damn showstopper! Please don't let the value engineers have their way with this one!

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 9:24 PM

Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill reveals skyscraper for 160 Front Street in Toronto

Bridget Cogley | 12 July 2018 8 comments
Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture has unveiled plans for a glass office tower in Downtown Toronto, the latest in a string of skyscrapers proposed for the city.

160 Front Street will rise 46 storeys close to the Entertainment District and the iconic CN Tower. The area is already dense with skyscrapers, but several more have been unveiled for this and other parts of the city over the past year.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/07/12/ad...et-in-toronto/

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 9:24 PM

That One Delisle tower is freaking awesome. Unique, but in a good way not a crappy way like buildings trying to be different normally end up.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 6:55 AM

A new design for "BlueSky Metrotown," or 5977 Wilson Avenue in Burnaby.

The tower is designed by Gensler.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/5977-...rotown-gensler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post

5977 Wilson Ave, Burnaby Bluesky Properties

previous design - https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/bluesky-metrotown

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 6:24 PM
Community Guy

Used with permission.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 12:17 AM
Utilisateur enregistré

Sherbrooke is on fire right now! These three major projects have been announced in the last two weeks alone, which is very unusual here.

Abénaquis Bridge

While it was announced a few months ago that the Grandes-Fourches Bridge would be moved to the west, the design of the new bridge has remained a mystery until the council approved the choice of a "signature" bridge two weeks ago. The two masts are standing for the francophone and anglophone settlers who worked together to build Sherbrooke, and the whole is supposed to be reminiscent of a wigwam, since the city was built on ancestral Abenaki lands. The cables are also intended to evoke a dreamcatcher.

This $36.6M project will be key to the future of this area, since it will allow the displacement and the transformation of a terrible-looking road into a new urban boulevard as well as the creation of a large park on the bank of the Saint François river.

Ville de Sherbrooke

Ville de Sherbrooke

Ville de Sherbrooke

Ville de Sherbrooke

Quartier Sainte-Famille

On the very next day, we learned that large swathes of useless lawn surrounding an old convent are to be filled with $70 million worth of buildings. The wooded part of the lot will be sold to the city so it can be added to the Mont-Bellevue Park, which is already Sherbrooke's largest.

https://www.latribune.ca/actualites/...4cf38685f2da0d

https://www.facebook.com/boutinv/

Video Link

Le Frontenac

Finally, we found out in today's edition of La Tribune that a new iteration of Le Frontenac, a rental project that has been in the air for years, would finally be built. This $6M project is much smaller than the first two, but it will be the first building of that scale to be built from scratch in downtown Sherbrooke in eons, so it looks like a rejoicing omen for the future of the area.

Groupe Immobilier Bradley

Groupe Immobilier Bradley

Last edited by lake of the nations; Jul 19, 2018 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 12:44 AM

Very interesting West Vancouver proposal entitled "Treehouse" by Pacific Properties.

Quote:
The proposal for Lot 1, entitled “Treehouse” includes a 12-storey flagship condo building, including:

37 condo units;
Unit sizes from 1,847 SF to 2,804 SF;
a total site coverage of 17%;
74 parking spaces & 74 bicycle parking spaces

http://www.vancouvermarket.ca

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada