HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Jan 30, 2009, 7:27 AM
Shoebox Dweller

"Miracle" Berries

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned before, but have you guys ever heard of Miracle Berries? Basically they are a natural berry from West Africa that you rub on your tongue before you eat and it makes sour flavours taste sweet. Lemons taste like lemonade, oranges taste like orange candy, vinegar tastes... well... extremely odd... the list goes on.

Has anybody ever tried these? I had some over the summer and they were quite an interesting experience, I highly recommend trying it once.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2009, 10:47 AM
Dérive-r

^That sounds pretty crazy. Where do you get these "Miracle Berries"? I'm sure one could make good money selling these to the pothead demographic.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2009, 7:24 PM
Shoebox Dweller

I got them from this ebay seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Miracle-Frui...QQcmdZViewItem

You definitely have to experience this once. Get everything you can think of that might have its taste altered and throw it on a plate, then dig in. They actually have restaurants in Japan where they specifically make meals to go with miracle berries (e.g. low sugar, high acidity).

Old Posted Jan 30, 2009, 11:30 PM

Yeah I saw a piece on them on BBC news once, they sound incredible... have yet to try them though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining